[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by True Perception » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:57 am

Oh, good. I was stuck between Ylgr and Tiki, but I fell Ylgr.

Edit: Damn autocorrect! Tiki is a word.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm

Yeah I'm team Ylgr, not sure how far we'll go but she's pretty cool (ice pun!)

I haven't seen these 'battle ballots' before though, is it something like every time you miss a half-hour voting window you get a ballot so that when you do vote it counts as if you voted the previous 8 times?

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:21 pm

The every half hour thing is gone; it's a completely new system to replace that (which is great for working adults and students that can't sneak on their phone every half hour). The ballots are basically stamina like conquest lances are. Which is nice, so now we can knock out all the quests in one go (just use one battle ballot until the quests for character colors are filled) and then go wild with the flags later.

I got lucky with my summoning tickets from AA today, too. Minerva and Brave Celica, though she's sadly -spd.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 01, 2019 6:29 am

There's info about the next update when you log in today. It looks quite promising! Mock battles with friends in AR sound fun, though there's no mention of rewards for those. Still, more interaction and incentive to have friends is sorely needed, and AA was a good first step. Speaking of, they're adding more rewards to those, including orbs, and increasing feather rewards already.

The weapon refines won't matter to me but they will make some players happy, I'm sure. They're also improving the sacred seal screen again and it'll look more like the accessories screen. Again, needed, as there are so many now.

The final blessed garden will be at the end of this month. I actually like those so I'll be a little sad about that. The limits of which units I could use forced me to be creative, but I can see why they're frustrating for people. I've beaten all of them so far. I don't think the old maps are going away, so you can still try them as much as you'd like going forward.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu May 02, 2019 4:35 am

Got a Brave Hector with my summoning ticket today. I thought, "finally, distant counter fodder!" since I already have him. But no, this one has *Ostian Counter*, which is special, and can't be foddered off. Sigh.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu May 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Ooof lol!

I got Leanne on the legendary banner, it's not Alm but I did kinda want her anyway. Just used the 5x xp to level her and Summer!Gaius up - her area heal at the start of each turn actually works really nice with his bow that hurts him if he attacks from 100% hp.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Fri May 03, 2019 4:14 am

Looks like I'm not gonna clear Alm or Roy on Infernal before they vanish. I just don't have the seals to buff the gaps because those coins are drip fed.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 03, 2019 8:05 am

Well, they always come back. Take note of which seals were needed and work on those in the meantime. Sometimes the FTP guides don't work for me the first time around for whatever raisin, but they do when I try them again later (maybe due to season/blessing differences sometimes, but also due to working on the seals). I still need to do the Abyssals of most of the current legendaries but my merged allies all fuck with the AI. In this case, it's just accessories and not orbs, so I've stopped stressing about it.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri May 03, 2019 9:07 pm

I managed to pull Alm from the Legendary banner, with neutral IVs even! Since he's my first pair up character I had sudden paralysis on who he should pair with... currently running him with Micaiah since I figure her dual effectiveness could come in handy, and with sacrifice she's kind of like an emergency healer who can hide her lowered hp.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 03, 2019 9:11 pm

Fiiiiiiinally pulled a Brave Lucina after however long it's been now... what, two years? Also a neutral, but maybe all those units were neutral, I can't remember.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Congrats on your Alm, FC! Mine might be -spd but I love him anyway. As far as pair ups, it's really only mattered for me so far in Allegiance battles due to the bonuses. Right now I'm doing the 10th stratum infantry quests with him paired with Summer Michaiah and it's going well. I'm not sure how the pair up affects those quests so I paired him with another infantry unit just to be safe. I don't want the paired unit to ruin the quest.

@Del: I think the initial free choices were/are neutral, but they're subject to IV differences if you actually pull them in the banners. Congrats on finally getting her! But yeah, mine has a bane/boon, while my Brave Roy (the one I chose) has neutral IVs.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat May 04, 2019 10:23 am

Speaking of Roy, I just got his legendary version, so I'm done with this banner. It's nice having the 2 pair up units so far, so my allegiance battle scores should be better once I get him trained up.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sat May 04, 2019 10:30 am

I cleared Alm and Roy on Infernal, all the Aversa quests except for the cavalry one, and Hector on Abyssal so it's been a pretty efficient session.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 am

Ooh, how'd you do Hector on Abyssal? I haven't been able to clear that one.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sat May 04, 2019 10:43 am

I based it on this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vay4_kpHlS0

I had to change stuff around because of seals and IVs, but the basic idea is Celica's Galeforce, Olivia and Sully's Draw Back will allow you to dip in and out of range while Veronica runs heal/buff/debuff all in one.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat May 04, 2019 11:13 am

I just so happened to have recently pulled Celica, so I'll give that a go. Thanks!

Edit: something about my IVs is making the enemy move completely differently, so it's not working. :/

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon May 06, 2019 8:45 pm

I fucked up. I hadn't used any green dragonflowers, so I was looking around who I could use them on. Ended up dropping some on Winter!Tharja, it pushed up her HP and ATK by one... but then I realised the santa team I was running were built around Winter!Eirika's weapon and atk opening c-slot... which was basically ATK/DEF/RES +5 to the highest attack in the team (which I had perfectly tied between Winter!Robin, Winter!Tharja, and Winter!Cecilia).

Basically it meant those three armoured santas could go anywhere on the map and keep getting the buffs. Now that Tharja has jumped up 1 ATK, she's gonna hog all the buffs unless I can figure out a way to give Robin and Cecilia an extra 1 ATK each...

EDIT: Okay I figured it out. Robin had +3 ATK seal, and Cecilia +2 ATK. I changed Robin's weapon from speed refined to atk refined for +2 ATK, then swapped the seals for -1 ATK. Now they're all on 50, but I lose 3 speed on Robin for my effort.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon May 06, 2019 9:07 pm

I feel that we've all fucked up with merges that weren't needed and 5 star upgrades that we never use. Wasted dragon flowers are just the unfortunate new reality. I feel that my new legendary Alm, even with inoptimal IVs, already outclasses my +10 Leon. I should have never wasted the feathers to upgrade Kaze or Garon, among others. Why did I merge L'Arachel twice when I already had Reinhardt going? Yeah...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 07, 2019 7:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSnHTwV-iuY

I don't know who Mareeta is and at first I thought she was Ayra or Karla. But hey, a new level 4 skill.

FELL BERKUT! WITH RINEA WITH HIM! YESSSSS! (Another level 4 skill, too).

Fell Corrin... another colorless dragon at least. That pool needs more members.

Another young Tiki... also a colorless dragon. I'm glad that pool is increasing, but did we really need yet another Tiki?

Lif is in the post trailer screenshots so I'm guess he's a GHB unit!

So yeah, I'm totally gunning for Berkut. Maybe this was their way of putting Rinea in the game without making her a unit since she was never playable anyway, but I've also *wanted* fell Berkut since the first fell banner was a thing, so I'm excited.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue May 07, 2019 7:55 pm

I like(?) how Berkut's sprite has the ajar head and laugh animation. Duma really gets around with his corruption, apparently he sucks the colour out of dragons.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 07, 2019 8:34 pm

So we actually get fell Delthea for free, not Lif. Works for me, as I still lack her normal unit.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 08, 2019 9:42 am

my fellow Del got Fell.

Oh, I finally completed my Titania merge project.

as usual I've given no real thought to her build aside from filling empty slots. +res also isn't ideal but ehh, at least we're living in an era where merges eliminate banes and further adjustments can be made with dragonflowers.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 pm

I dunno, +res is pretty good if you flip her into a mage slayer - though you'd need distant counter.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Berkut came home after a duplicate Ylgr, with not a whole lot of orb investment thanks to the tickets, but he's -spd. Grr.

e: Just looked it up and it's a fucking super bane, too. Fuck. I might want to try for another :/ Then again, even with a speed boon, it's quite low, so maybe it doesn't matter much on him anyway.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri May 10, 2019 5:15 pm

I think that's a preferred bane on him? Dunno, have a look on gamepress. He certainly gets more out of his defenses and attack than speed.