[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by John Layfield » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:44 am

30,000 points and a 5-star Gerome. Nice one.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:30 pm

The Mirror Universe Robin at the end of this Tempest is a real sonuvabitch.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Yeah, my first team can usually reach the end but die by his hand. My second team has a Falchion user that finishes the job right away. Legendary Ike's distant counter is too good for me to want to replace him in the first team, though.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:32 pm

Grima on max difficulty after 6 previous battles is a fucker, for sure. I don't have a good unit for countering him, but throwing M!Morgan and my own Grima at him usually does the job with some casualties.

One thing to remember is, he gets some crazy buffs on the counter, so if you can tank the first hit and counter yourself if at all possible, do so.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:14 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:a Falchion user
Oh snap, I still need to refine Not Marth's Falchion.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:37 pm

That's precisely who I've been using, heh. But you've got other options. I tried my luck a bit summoning for M!Morgan and Horse!Chrom with no luck, but Horse!Chrom is the perfect counter for an armored (i.e. low movement) green dragon.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:33 am

Tried again for those 2. Got a summoning circle with all 5 red orbs. Surely, luck was on my side!

...Got nothing but 3-star trash and a 5-star Athena that I didn't really want :/

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:38 am

Since he's also armoured your anti-armour units like Cherche should be alright at hitting him also. Not exactly a colour advantage, but no disadvantage at least.

Miracle on Sigurd is my strategy - fast enough to double him and get his health down for a sweeper, Gunnthra does good damage but can't take a hit so better to finish with her.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:02 pm

57,500 Tempest Trial points. Let's go for the full 99,999 at this rate.

Would really like to do the Infernal Bound Hero Battle, but that's so not happening.

Saving my orbs for the Thracia banner.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:22 pm

I just hit 20,000. Damn, you play a lot!

I can never win anything on infernal, so I stopped trying.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 pm

I can run through the second highest Tempest Trial in about 2 minutes, so I just do that a few times a day.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Yeah the top level is a bit stressful but the second tier is a breeze so I'm just running that one most of the time.

How did you all do on the Chrom/Lissa Bound Hero battle? I used a chokepoint to force them to hit Sigurd up till I forgot infantry can move onto trees and left Gunnthra exposed. Still reckon I can do the 40+ version, I got hella close.

--edit--
Just tried it again and was pretty much caught in the same position (the two healers restricting movement was tricky), but in the end I realised Priscilla has 'Panic' as her attack skill, which let me flip the buffs on Chrom and boost Gunnthra's damage to get him out of the way.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Yeah, I only do the 2nd to last one as well. I can never get all the way through the last one since the last main party is just too strong. I guess I just need to do more per day. How many per day do you do, about, Layfield?

I don't remember my strategy for the BHB but I always beat the low level one and the middle one. I can never do infernal and I think I struggled with the lunatic one, so I didn't even try this time.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:57 pm

I probably do like 12 a day. Which sounds like a lot. But it's basically 20 minutes using up a full stamina bar some time after I wake up, then a few more in the evening.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Hmm, you're probably just faster at it than I am, then. What your main team for this one?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:18 pm

The Spring banner was announced. Wasn't expecting the characters they chose. Catria (always forget about her), Alphonse with a weird bulge, Sherena (so the first time we see new versions of Heroes-only characters) and Kagero. I think I might try for the Kagero, but the others don't appeal to me unless I later hear that they're actually amazing or something.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:Alphonse with a weird bulge
Ah, joining the Luigi club.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:39 am

Bier_Engel wrote:Hmm, you're probably just faster at it than I am, then. What your main team for this one?
M!Morgan, Brave Lyn, LH Ephraim, Brave Ike

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 am

Ooh, flying Kagero... I was looking to build a flyer team, though I still have no flying mages.

It is nice that they're doing bonus versions of their original characters.

NINJABBIT ATTACK!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:30 pm

I just realised: S!Kagero has SPD/RES bond, and Fjorm has ATK/DEF bond. Basically, if I replace Fjorm's bond with regular Kagero to S!Kagero they will have all stats +7 if adjacent to each other.

Also an interesting build on S!Kagero could be Vantage 2 in slot B and not using Iote's Shield. If you can safely get her under 50% HP, archers would try to take her down (since they love shooting at fliers) and she gets to hit first.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:17 pm

75,000 Tempest Trial points. The journey continues. Also managed to beat an Infernal map for the first time; Navarre GHB. So it's been a good FEH day.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Nice! That Navarre fight is tough, you get hit from so many angles. I haven't figured out a strategy for him yet.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:39 am

Falcon Critical wrote:Nice! That Navarre fight is tough, you get hit from so many angles. I haven't figured out a strategy for him yet.
Have a good red unit with some sort of of distant counter to tank the two dagger throwers whose hit ranges overlap with no other units and then the rest of the battle is pretty easy.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:41 am

So my Legendary!Ike once he gets to 40. I really should make him a mixed team for his drive def skill.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:28 pm

The new Spring units are all the first alts for those characters, yeah? I wonder how their stats measure up to the originals.

The basic Alfonse and Sharena are obviously free starter units so I imagine these new versions are probably straight upgrades. A flying ninja could also have some weird fun niche uses, though I already have an OG Kagero at 5*