[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 02, 2018 2:37 pm

I've been squandering Amelia's potential so far by not making an all-armor team for her. Thing is, I'd want M!Fell!Robin to be my green armored unit, since he has distant counter. Granted, I don't have a colorless armored unit yet anyway, so I guess I might as well have 2 greens.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Yeah I do have M!Grima, so that would be Eli (blue), Zelg (red), Henry (green), Grima (green). That would be my first all-boy team too.

Apparently people don't like Vampy!Henry's voice, I think it's cute - especially the "I'll drrrrink yer blood!".

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Aww, I need him!

I did some more legendary banner pulls after getting Grand Conquest reward orbs. Specifically wanted green but there were 0 greens to pull in my 2 tries, so I went with all the blues. Got the other Performance Arts Shigure, so I have both versions of him now. Also got yet another Reinhardt to eventually merge when I get the feathers. He's my most merged unit right now at I think... 4? Funny that it took me so long to get my first one and now I feel like I get him all the time.

I did use the feathers I had to promote Kaze, since there's no other way to get a 5* star version of him, so hopefully that was worth it. With him, the new Shigure, and this unleveled generic 5* red sword Luke(?) I have, I already have almost another full level up team ready to go. Just need a green. Come the fuck on, Lyn... (Inigo or Henry would also be acceptable but we all know why people are pulling green right now).

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Apparently people who have had the game since version 2.4.0 are going to get Takumi (4-star) for free, and 13,500 feathers which people worked out is the exact amount you need to level Anna, Sharena, and Alfonse from 1-star to 4-star. I guess the implication there is that they'll start at 4-star for new players, which would be nice since it otherwise is really easy to just leave them behind when you start recruiting.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Speaking of the Heroes Heroes, I finally got them all to 5-stars!

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Worth it?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu May 03, 2018 12:33 pm

They'll never be as strong as units who can be merged, but with still the odd quest where it has "KO boss with Anna" It'll make that a lot easier. There are some cool builds out there for them, like a Sharena build that mixes desperation with brash assault on a brave weapon, which basically means once you're under 50% HP you hit 4 times against anyone before they can hit back. (Desperation=if under 50% follow up happens before counter attack, Brash Assault=if under 50% follow up is guaranteed).

Anna already comes with Vantage 3, so she can be used to bait - and with 38 base speed she's still one of the faster units in the game making her hard to double.

Now I can play the new story chapters with the actual story characters!

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Thu May 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Alright, got twenty orbs. Time to try for Hinoka. So, grey, green, or blue in that order...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu May 03, 2018 4:42 pm

I hate when that happens! Lately I've been wanting green and have been getting mostly red options, but at least blue and colorless is still desirable for me for this banner.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu May 03, 2018 5:36 pm

Yeah fishing for L!Lyn it insisted on giving me the same 3 blue, 1 red, 1 grey combo.

In other news, this is amazing:
phpBB [video]

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu May 03, 2018 5:43 pm

Summoning should always give you one selection of each colour and a bonus selection that's randomized, rather than being full random. Either that or step it down to four selections instead of five and rebalance the orb cost downwards.

Hell, depending on how new regulations end up shaking out in some regions they might be forced to make a change like this at some point.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Got a Dorcas with my free pull today, which is pretty nice. I seem to have better luck pulling old characters. I wonder if that's intentional or just a coincidence...

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Fri May 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Just make sure not to poison his mutton.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Fri May 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Edit: The game owed me after that stunt it pulled yesterday...

She's got crappy defense, though. Gotta keep her away from melee, but as the center point of a group of fliers, she'll be quite nice.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 04, 2018 6:41 pm

Congrats!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] We Like Ike

Post by Delthazar » Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 am

Dropping all my orbs on the 8% banner has so far gotten me the shadow versions of Celica and Robin (F) and the cavalry mage version of Eirika. I doubt I'll be able to pull the new Lyn at this rate, especially 'cause the summons have been extremely short on greens.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat May 05, 2018 4:29 am

Ugh, finally get a green and it's an effin' Inigo.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat May 05, 2018 6:57 am

He's really good, I hear.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun May 06, 2018 6:05 pm

I did manage to draw an L!Lyn, and immediately vored her for speed tactic.

I've got Inigo to 40 now, and stacked his weapon with breath of life to heal adjacent allies for 14 whenever he attacks. It's a fun build.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun May 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Lucky. The last few times I tried to pull, I got 0 green options. So, overall I got my Female Grima and Special Shigure, which isn't bad, considering I wanted that Grima the first time around very badly and I didn't have to wait long for her to come back.

Taking advantage of the double EXP/SP for sure, though. Finally getting enough SP for skills and weapon refinements for units I haven't touched in a while.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun May 06, 2018 9:01 pm

With my last pull I just got two green options, and both were Happy Vampire Henry (what I wanted most out of this set). Nice! And, I got Inigo on the pull before it.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Inigo is hard to level up due to his poor defense and resistance. I'm running the Ranged maps, and he's ten levels behind, at level 27, and I still can't keep him alive on the level 21 map, to gain levels. It's kind of frustrating. Meanwhile, Henry is tanking through well enough. The 1 Movement sucks, but he can stick in there on the higher level maps, where most others start to lose traction at that point.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun May 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Henry has the armor march skill, so if you can pair him with another armored ally they can both move around like normal units.

I had the issue where all my draws were greenless, but we're getting quite a few orbs at the moment so I've been pulling every time I get to 9 orbs since that can potentially be two greens I pulled. Eventually it paid off, and now my Murder Mages team is hella fast.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun May 06, 2018 11:55 pm

"Time for tea."
"Candy?!"
"Very well."

I love when their dialogues line up.

I've got Henry to level 40+1 already.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon May 07, 2018 6:51 pm

True Perception wrote:Inigo is hard to level up due to his poor defense and resistance.
I'm having the same problem with the performance arts Shigure. He's a squishy little bastard. I'm liking the new standard Shigure better in comparison.

Edit: New banner on the 10th. Seems like they're adding new characters like crazy now. It's another Japanese-only older title so I don't know any of these characters, but Ishtar seems cool.