[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:20 pm

It's not. I really wish they did add battle music to that mode instead of just prep music, but I wouldn't buy that song in particular.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:08 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 9739852800

Altina! Aww yeah, more Tellius. And she looks great in addition to having a bunch of cool new shit.

Red: L!Marth (want), Sothis (want)
Blue: Fjorm (ugh), L!Tiki (Have), L!Julia (want)
Green: L!Lyn (Nope), Yarne (have), Summer!Laevatein (meh)
Colorless: Duma (want), Bride!Fjorm (Want), Summer!Gunnthra (meh)

Red's the clear winner here for me. No matter who I get, it's someone new that I want.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:23 pm

That Altina looks boss with her two swords tearing shit up. Plus I missed Sothis last time. So this'll be another banner of mostly straight red pulls for me.

I'd like to maintain my orb floor just in case there's some real bangers in the winter banner though. Hope they reveal those soon.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:59 am

Yeah I'm at ~300 orbs right now, I prob want to save a couple hundred for the Christmas banner.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:06 am

I just said fuck it and bought the Winter Tharja Black Friday pack. I figure, it's a guaranteed unit as opposed to straight up buying orbs, and now I never have to stress over her banner ever again.

Got Bridal Fjorm on this banner so far, and I have a high pity rate after more red snipes. By the end of these 6 days, after using some of PM1's guides, the continuing TT, the daily bonuses, and the month rollover quests, I should be able to get at least one of those red units.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:48 am

I spent 120 orbs, and then on the last pull before I went seeking new orbs (hitting my 200 orb floor) I drew Altina! She's +SPD -HP which is totes her worst boon, bringing her up to a whopping 18 speed. She's pretty cool in battle though, and I confirmed that if you put a different sword on her she holds one in each hand.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Heh, I did basically the same thing, spent about 100 orbs bringing me down to a new floor of 200, and got... a Sothis and two (2!) Marths. :pacdown

I'm fine with the Sothis, was hoping to get her eventually anyway, but in no world do I need a +1 Hero King Marth that'll never see time in my rotation with all the other +1 and +2 red units I've accumulated at this point. At least one had a good IV to build on I suppose. But I'd trade one or both for Altina.
Bier_Engel wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:06 am
I just said fuck it and bought the Winter Tharja Black Friday pack. I figure, it's a guaranteed unit as opposed to straight up buying orbs, and now I never have to stress over her banner ever again.
Now let's see if you end up pulling her on the winter rerun banner anyway. :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:10 pm

I got a Marth with the few Chain Challenge orbs I earned on the road today. He was the one I wanted the least of the 3, but at least he's not some duplicate of something shitty like L!Ryoma or Ike, who was free. I might keep trying... I don't know. I just hope Altina doesn't return next with Ike and L!Ryoma as the other red options, or I might have to wait a long time to get her.

I only plan on doing a free pull on that banner now that I have her, so it's unlikely. I'll pull green (free only) if I can since Chrom and Lissa share that color. Otherwise, I don't care about gen 1 seasonals anymore. Many predict that they may end up in the grail shop soon so that the seasonal banners don't become too much every year, but even if that's the case, I won't regret paying for her. I'll just +10 her. I have no +10 reds or armors yet.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Oh yeah, grails. Putting some of those seasonals in there would be nice, I've built up another decent grail stockpile ever since I finished my Panne and I'd rather spend them on Winter Tharjas or something than the current grail crop we've got right now. So I hope they do that even if it gets some hate from the whales who spent hundreds of dollars on orbs to get her three years ago.

Shit, I don't have a +10 armour either. My closest is probably Effie at like +4. I have the dupes and the feathers to finish her (phrasing, boom) but I shoooould probably prioritize another green, since my only +10 there is Titania. She's decent but not amazing.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:03 pm

I have a lot of grails. The only character I spent a considerable amount on is my +10 Naesala. PM1 only used him in one guide a long time ago and since the beast transformation thing is annoying, I doubt he'll use him again at this point, so I figured he was a safe FTP option to merge. I would love to +10 Astram since he's awesome but I know PM1 will use him eventually and then I will regret it. As far as other options I actually use go, he uses Young Azura a ton so she's out, and he's kind of hit and miss with Aversa, who I already merged once, and I think that already fucked up a solution for me somewhere.

I do have my Linus decently merged but he's so similar to Raven already (who I do have at +10) that I just stopped with that foolishness. It made more sense when the blessings quests that didn't allow duplicates were a thing, but they aren't anymore, so there's no raisin to keep a similar unit with a different blessing just for that raisin alone. I also merged my male Kana a tad but not enough to matter. My Masked Marth is up there due to all the free repeats of her we got back in the day but I don't know that she's worth the investment to finish.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Just got Altina!!! Watched a few FTP guides from someone other than PM1 for the older stuff I didn't complete (he went by Kuma and also didn't speak English as a first language but his guides were still easy to follow even though it took me a second to recognize some words), and it was nice that my merged L!Ike and Fjorm didn't make his guides act differently. Only earned like 12 orbs but that was enough, so yay!

But that said, unlike people in Kuma's comments, I don't want to tear PM1 down to build this other guy up. PM1's guide got me through all the way for Altina's maps. It's just that his older solutions for me obviously didn't work (due to my merges mostly) but they worked with this other guy's solutions, so... let's keep both around.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Congrats!

Following PM1s guides on the Altina battle was fun, I was pulling my hair out for a little bit when Louise couldn't double a dragon in my game but the same stats Louise could in his... then I realised I didn't have spur cav active on Reinhardt.

The only other trouble I had was on the lower level one, I didn't have Eirika trained, and realised I don't have any red cavalry mages to substitute either! Ended up using Halloween!L'Arachel though, so it worked out.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:27 pm

No one's talking about the voting gauntlet but honestly, it's a super boring one. Does anyone actually like Barst? Team Ike.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:53 pm

I rolled Team Effie, even if she's really gotta do something about that gap in her armour, c'mon girl, it's been years

but yeah it's a super boring gauntlet full of launch-era units, I'm not sure what the point is really

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Started watching a Genealogy Let's Play because I'm stuck in chapter 7 (of 12) in my run. I started from the beginning just to see the difference in dialogue (I played the old version of the translation patch; they're playing the new one) plus I want to see what they did differently. I did a lot of things wrong :/

But I'm on part 16 and they're only on chapter 2 still. It'll be a while before I catch up to where I left off in my own run.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:40 pm

Pretty sure I'm team Ike too.

That reminds me, following the PM1 guide the other thing that caught me out was my +ATK/-HP IV on Axe!Ike. Because his solution had his Ike going down to like 2 HP before healing up, I couldn't pull it off with my IVs. I suddenly realised that Summoner Support gives you +5 HP and a little bit of other stats, so I threw that on him and managed to survive to clear the map.

Now I'm working my support back up with Spring!Sharena. She'll understand.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Yep, IVs can unfortunately fuck up those FTP guides like no tomorrow if you merged your FTP unit or if you didn't choose that particular unit in CYL so you may have a copy with non-neutral IVs (B!Ike is a bit different since we got an actual free one for that Hero's Path thing, but I saw that PM1 used his refine and I was not about to spend 200 dew refining my free one, so then I was shocked that my +3 B!Ike with who even know what boon still actually worked for his Altina solution).

I got a false sense of hope the other day because that Kuma guy doing guides now made some good ones and my +1L!Ike and +1!Fjorm didn't mess up his solutions, so that was a blessing. However, I followed one of his guides for a chain challenge that I've yet to complete and until battle 7, everything went perfectly, and then one different AI movement in that battle fucked it all up for me. I still had 2 teams left, but I suck, so...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:33 am

Ugh, that's rough. Interesting that Kuma does Chain Challenge guides, pretty sure PM1 said he wouldn't because of the diverse rosters that everyone has.

I don't have the free B!Ike from hero path yet lol, I have to beat an Abyssal GHB and have been lazy and not even looking up guides.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:37 pm

He's only done a few, and I think the others were ones I already beat on my own. It's just annoying that so many people use Fjorm/Ike for those guides. My Fjorm fucks up every one eventually.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb--ssT ... e=youtu.be

Mjolnir's Strike: (That name still gives me flashback's to my first ex's penis because that's what he called it XD) Seems a lot like AR in a few ways. Hmm. I wonder what that censored mechanism is? And then the last phase is like the voting gauntlet in ways? Not sure how much I'll like this or not.

So they're seriously not going to tell us what the divine codes are for???

QoL update for changing character's skills and seals. FINALLY! Definitely happy about that. I think that excites me the most so far.

Next banner is Thracia, not Farfetched. Hmm, as I said a few weeks ago, we kind of got a lot of those potential farfetched characters for free throughout the year anyway. Maybe that tradition is over? Ooh, unfallen Mareeta. That said, I don't know any of those characters since that's the one game I've yet to play.

Book IV is quite a contrast from book 3's edginess. Pretty much predicted Peony as the free unit right away, but why is she also on the banner when that's not a mythic banner? Seems random. But yeah, I'll take my free mythic dancer blue tome flier... only downside is that she's also light, like Eir.

I feel like this FEH channel fell a little flat, and I don't know if I'll even pull beyond my free tickets for the banner. I guess I'll have to wait and see what their skills are.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:41 pm

That new QoL thing is something I never knew I wanted and now I can't get it fast enough.

I'm also maybe a little lukewarm on the new Thracia banner just 'cause I wanna see the new winter units already, c'mon! Gonna switch my avatar and hope the universe notices. I like the design on these Thracia folks though. It's nice everyone in that world gets to wear pants.

I like Book 4 being filled with weird-ass psychedelic butterfly people coming after all Book 3's hardcore metal death shit plus maybe Sharena found herself a girlfriend? That's cool

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 pm

Twitter's reaction to the book 4 vs. book 3 whiplash seems mixed in my feed. Some people love it, and some people think the designs don't look like FE at all, and they dislike the half-clothed fairies. That said, it's not like those are the first half-clothed additions to the game (in contrast to your Thracia banner comment about pants).

Speaking of Thracia, I decided to load it up for the first time outside of my "did the translation patch work?" load and played a bit of the first map. Most of the characters in that new banner are available from the start, and Eyvel is an overpowered pre-promote. I didn't end up finishing the map because she soaked up too many kills for only 3 measly xp each, so I'm going to try that again sober (and preferably after I at least see someone else finish Genealogy).

Edit: The new translation patch was somewhat recent so that's quite a coincidence that all these units are from super early in the game. I almost wonder if IS was counting on non-Japanese players playing the patch and being familiar with these early on units by now, or, at least, knowing that they could become familiar with them quite quickly. I did find it odd that a whole FEH channel and new book update would have one of the least played games as the banner focus.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:33 am

About to watch the FEH channel (thanks for the embed!), but I'm most surprised that we haven't seen another Three Houses banner yet. Certainly in Marvel Puzzle Quest whenever a new MCU movie came out they just spammed us with new character variants, so it's weirdly sparse on the 3H front.

--edit--
I love Feh and her impressions of Thorr and Surtr :awesome

Spring!Sharena firing the cannon was pretty great too. HERE COMES THE SUNSHINE!

I was wondering who the next Norse enemy would be, and as soon as they said the fairies are Ljossalf I was like "ah, it's light elves vs dark elves". Makes sense that they called them Dokkalf instead of the classic Svartalf.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Yeah, I'm wondering if the Christmas/New Year banners will contain alts of 3H characters (since they seem to be adding alts before a base version a lot more often now) or if we have to wait until January's normal banner or beyond. I almost wonder if they're going to do what they did last year around February: too many banners (the holidays, the normal ones, the weekly ones, and the random skill ones, and then Valentine's)... all in a short period... and then they release a 3H banner and people will be tempted to spend money on orbs.

Thankfully I'm back up to just over 100 orbs after wiping myself out on Thanksgiving. We've gotten a lot this past week, and with this new banner's maps and the book IV login bonuses, plus the daily FB orbs and possibly some from the new event, I should be sitting pretty by Christmas.

Thinking of using my tickets on red this banner since there's a higher chance I will get one of those 2 red characters that way, even though I'm kind of wanting the axe guy more... we'll see. I just went through red hell and I still don't have a demoted Python from green.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:12 pm

I think* Three Houses has outsold everything else in the franchise by now as well, so while getting more 3H folks in Heroes is just a matter of time, I'm like y'all and a bit surprised we've only had those two banners since July.

Maybe they just schedule this stuff out waaay in advance and try harder to stick to that schedule than we realize.

* all I remember hearing re: 3H sales numbers is it matched or exceeded Awakening/Fates/Echoes in its first month, and at least one of those was the previous FE record holder for sales (probably Awakening given its popularity) so there we go.