[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:Ninian is definitely worth it. She'll be dancing more often than not, so the minus attack won't matter too much. That said, dancers are hard to level for that raisin.
I'm considering pairing her with Soleil and building Ninian into a tanky build since Soleil firesweeping twice is going to be crazy. I don't have a good IV for Soleil yet though, so it's a nebulous plan.

I decided to burn my orbs fishing for a 5 star Kagero, since I really like her. Took like 70 orbs fishing for just her, but got her as +DEF/-HP which is totally workable. All things considered that was pretty lucky so I'm done spending orbs for a while now :pac

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Kagero is great! Have fun!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:36 am

So this new Fallen Heroes event came out, I went for Celica since besides being evil she's very similar in look to my character Celia from Ard's RP back in Falena.

~25 orbs later it happened!

Her attack image is pretty great, leading to this Doki Doki shitpost <3
Spoiler :
J U S T C E L I C A !

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:16 am

Lucky! I want all these new "fallen" characters. I don't even have regular Celica yet...

Woot! After my free summon and a mere 9 orbs, I got Robin.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:09 am

Nice, he looks really strong! Can you run him in a dragon team?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Heh, I saw your Celica drop by my castle last night and I made a :stare face

:stare

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Haha, she's a little crazy... though when you tap on her to get voice lines she's all like "you are warm... like a light that pierces the darkness..." and "unnghh - do it now... kill... me!"

So umm... not hella into being possessed :freakout:

I'm trying to figure out who a good pair would be for her, maybe green to deal with her counter-picks? hmm...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 pm

I got a Celica too after using the orbs from the new maps! Can't remember the last time I've had such good luck with a focus. Just need the blue guy now (haven't played the game he's in so I can't remember his name). I'm guessing Takumi will be a Tempest Trial reward.

Edit: The Vanguard Hero version of Ike won the free unit contest! I was hoping for him. That said, ugh, another red sword user... swimming in so many unleveled ones already because I don't have enough 5-stars of other colors to put them on teams with.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:16 am

Okay a question - refining weapons. I see talk of like weapon+ (+SPD) or something like that, and Del's Rhajat has green text on her weapon so i presume that's what that is. How do I see/do this?

Similarly, the S slot - I have a few level 1 buffs in there now, but I'm not sure how they level up?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 am

So, in Allies > Advanced Growth > Weapon Refinery, you'll see a list of units eligible to have their weapons refined. Right now it's a relatively small group, I think, but new additions are occasionally added from the older pool of characters, plus I assume any event characters are automatically eligible. In my case, about 16 of my 168 can have their weapons refined right now. I assume they also have to be 5*, and maybe also have their previous strongest weapon unlocked via Learn Skills, but don't quote me on that last part.

After that it's just a matter of resources. You'll need SP on the character in question, plus Arena Medals and Refining Stones, and sometimes Divine Dew for the more advanced stages of refining, but not all characters/weapons seem to need it. So a case could be made for refining everyone else's weapons first before moving onto the folks who need Dew.

Home > Quests & Missions has various ways to get these things aside from just the Arena or Tempest Trials or whatever, but Divine Dew, as far as I know, can only be obtained by refining other weapons.

As for the S skill slot, these I think are always Sacred Seal enhancements, so you'll have to level those up via the Sacred Seal Forge. Most of the mats for those can be found just about anywhere and in the training tower most specifically, but the Sacred Coins are kinda like the Medals/Stones and I guess mostly sourced from quests and events.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 am

...as for which versions of refined weapons are the best, I guess that comes down to personal preference and/or the specific build you're going for, whether or not you wanna emphasize existing strengths or shore-up weaknesses, etc.

But refining isn't necessarily a permanent choice: if you're not happy with your first refined weapon for a character, I'm pretty sure you can do it again, and then just switch weapons under Equip Skill. So if you're really bored you could go for every refinement choice and swap situationally.

I gave my Rhajat a +HP/+SPD refinement for raisins I've already forgotten. She was already fast, so I think I wanted to make her faster. But +SPD is always a safe choice 'cause of how its calculation can give you double attacks if you have a wide enough statistical lead over your opponent. So I feel like there's more utility in boosting high SPD even higher whenever possible. I think.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 am

I'm still boycotting Heroes, but Warriors is a decent Musou-style game with very light grid tactical elements.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 am

John Layfield wrote:boycotting
funny way of spelling "shadowbanned" :pac

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:56 am

I COULD STILL PLAY OR MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT IF I WANTED MY TEN PITY FEATHERS, ASSWIPE

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:57 am

Join us. Make ya boy Donnel proud.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:02 am

I also feel the game has moved on from what I liked about it, which was a swift, breezy daily dose of FE gacha, into a more tacitcal, time-consuming thing that I'd rather find in a console or PC game.

Love Nikki is my new mobile fix!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:14 am

I can agree with you on that. I feel like it's much more of a time suck/obligation to "keep up" nowadays. It's usually what I do after eating on my lunch break, but I still have to put time into it at home to finish all the daily quests and tempest trials, etc. I usually skip arena assault, though I shouldn't because I really need the seasonal rewards...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 pm

I don't have a weapon refinery option and I presume the top left icon in battle is the seal forge or something? I guess there's some criteria I need to fulfill to unlock those features. Perhaps finishing the story or the tower or something.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Oh right, there's a story chapter you need finish before the refinery opens up. I don't remember which chapter exactly, but it's towards the end of Book 1.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:20 pm

I've been working through that recently since it's free orbs, so won't be too long then!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:27 am

Ah, damn, Takumi's a grand hero battle and not a Tempest Trial reward, meaning I could only get the 3-star version. I already promoted him to 5-star, and I got my 5-star Eliwood from the TT just now, so finally a blue unit for a balanced team.

Edit: Damn, that team is fun! The contrast between 3 possessed characters and the romantic Eliwood is also hilarious.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Did you guys hear about the update in early March (Which is like, soon as hell)? New maps where you can deploy 20 heroes! Looking forward to it, since it'll allow me to use units that I don't normally use in 4-party teams because I have someone "better" or that color or weapon type, etc, but they're still good. No duplicates, though. Thinking of +1-ing my Lyns together since more map types are coming out restricting duplicates, and currently I have them both on the same team.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Ooh that seems like a fun new mode. I heard something about a new year/anniversary/something hero draw coming that people are saving orbs for, so I am working through the hard versions of the campaign now.

I tried one of the Arena Assaults and was surprised when it forced me to make 7 different teams rather than letting my first team carry over. I like that it forces me to have a wide roster though.

I got a +DEF/-HP Camilla, so I'm training her up to pair with Crazy!Celica since it seems I can make her really tanky and she steps on the blue units that Celica could/would have trouble with. It's my first time using a Brave weapon and the number of times I can get attacks x4 is really endearing me to her despite her armoured lingerie.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:06 am

The next voting gauntlet is basically Persona. Can't decide if I want to support shadow Robin or Shadow Celica yet.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:41 am

What and where is this voting gauntlet? When I look in events it just has:

Voting Gauntlet
Winter Festival vs New Year's
This event has ended.

Am I not looking the right place?