[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Delthazar » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:12 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:08 pm
Finally met Reinhardt in Thracia in Chapter 20. Weird that such an endgame villain is one of the most popular Thracia units in FEH (and weird that they released him before so many playable characters... before the lord, even. That's a thing I didn't realize when he was new in FEH since I wasn't familiar with this title). But yeah, Ishtar is also an enemy, so the Thracia characters with the most alts in FEH aren't even playable at all.
Heh, I never knew Rein and Ishtar were antagonists. FEH doesn't exactly portray either character as particularly villainous - just the opposite, maybe. Especially compared to some motherfuckers like Narcian who may as well be twirling a moustache and tying damsels to railroad tracks.

Maybe that's also how they are in Thracia though. MAYBE I SHOULD PLAY IT. Someday.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Delthazar wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:12 pm
Maybe that's also how they are in Thracia though.
Nope. Don't know enough about Rein yet really, but Ishtar is just kind of following her father's orders (he and her brother are also minor villains) and she's also betrothed to Julius, who is not a good guy, but I'm guessing that wasn't her decision. Thracia takes place in the middle of Genealogy so I need to finish that too to complete the story but both games are so fucking hard that I'm either going to have to live with killing off/not recruiting a unit here and there or just Youtubing the rest. I already gave up recruiting 2 units over the last 2 chapters because the logistics were just too insane. It's late enough in the game that I wouldn't use them anyway, but it sucks not getting their weapons for free.

In Genealogy's case, though, the character I keep dying trying to recruit is a child unit, so one that I basically helped create with my first gen pairings, so I'd feel weird not recruiting her, because I made her the way she is mostly on purpose. Plus, that game lets you deploy everyone, and the maps are huge, so every unit counts.
Delthazar wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:12 pm
MAYBE I SHOULD PLAY IT. Someday.
It's great when it's not frustrating so I get the hype but... Play the easier ones first. Going from 3H to Thracia without much experience with the older games wouldn't be good. Plus, as I mentioned, it takes place in the middle of Genealogy so playing that beforehand is preferred but that game is so completely different than any of the others that I wouldn't recommend that next either.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:09 pm

hot new celica comin' through

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 63073?s=20

I don't really need anyone else in that banner but if y'all missed any of the 3H house leaders they're all in this one.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:15 pm

Wasn't expecting a green mage Celica. Nice new skills, and pair up. I want.

Red: L!Ike again... ugh. Hrid (want, but not worth the colorshare), L!Roy (have)
Colorless: L!Robin (have), Eir again... ugh, Claude (want, but the colorshare is annoying)
Blue: Naga (want), Dimitri (want), Peony (meh)
Other greens: Edelgard (WANT), Thrasir (have)

Blue and green are the clear winners for me. I figure if I get a dupe Peony, that'll help in AR or something (I won't be stupid enough to merge her). As for green, if I get a dupe Thrasir, my other one is -Atk, so I can fix that. Hopefully I get Edelgard and Celica though.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:48 am

Celica seems solid, prob gonna fish for L!Robin again though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:44 am

Do you still not have her after all this time?

I am 2 chapters away from beating Thracia. It's weird that I'm so close to beating one of the hardest games in the series (so people say, anyway) but I still need to beat 4, and 6-8. Granted, I do think I got to the very last battles of 7-8, and then I just got too lazy to retry after losing someone. I need to stop doing that...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:47 am

Still not yet. She's prob out-powered by a lot of units these days, but I still want her.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:55 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 9633761281

I can't help but think that this cryptic post means we're about to get news of a holiday event or another FEH channel or something.

Edit: The account has now been "taken over" by Winter Sothis, but there is still no actual news.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:42 pm

https://twitter.com/lowqualityfates/sta ... 4869097472

No actual news but...

Edit: Ugh the replies are making my drunk ass nostalgic and now I want to listen to Linkin Park but I already got nostalgic for MCR over the weekend and my Youtube recommendations are now trash and I don't want to make it even worse.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:05 am

Bier_Engel wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:55 pm
I can't help but think that this cryptic post means we're about to get news of a holiday event or another FEH channel or something.

Edit: The account has now been "taken over" by Winter Sothis, but there is still no actual news.
Seen some folks predicting a 3H New Years banner. Or it could have something to do with the as-yet unexplained red tickets attached to the Christmas rerun banners that just went up.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:52 am

I was just going to mention the tickets. Redeemed my free pulls (got nothing, but ironically got normal blue Robin instead of Christmas Robin) and saw the icons. I'm guessing they will be login bonuses, ala Golden Week, but it's weird that there's no announcement of them yet.

So yeah, don't go all out on pulling. I'm guessing we'll get 4-5 tickets for each banner (login bonuses are usually 10 days, right? I never pay attention). I got 2 free Surtrs with tickets last time this happened. (I still need to do something with them...)

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Sothis cannot be stopped

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm thinking about the next Choose Your Legends now that I've played (though not beaten) all of the games, since now I'm finally familiar with the characters from 4 and 5. For some raisin, I always thought CYL voting was in October so I was wondering where it was this year, but it turns out it's always in January/February and my memory is just shit, so we didn't miss it, and it's about to come up again. (But I missed the first one since it occurred before the game launched, so I think that threw me off).

Anyway, I'm torn between voting for my favorites (that I wouldn't mind an alt for), or voting for characters that aren't in Heroes at all yet. Part of it will depend on what the January 8th banner is (if it's 3 Houses, I can probably retract votes there), as many characters I like from 3H and 4/5 fit into both of those categories.

First category: Soren, Hubert (post-time-skip if that's an option), Lachesis, Leon, Lewyn, Joshua, (Undecided)
Second category: Ferdinand, Dorothea, Lysithea, Ced, Linoan, Forrest, Dwyer

Edit: Is that a push notification from the app or something? I don't see that on Twitter.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Yeah, it's someone's screenshot of their notification thingy. I think mine are off, or I always clear them without bothering to read them.

I can't remember if they dropped a bunch of free stuff on us on the 25th last year. Maybe that's the plan this year. Just speaking that into the universe.

...just noticed those red tickets have II and III numerals on them. Does that imply another red ticket banner coming up with the I numeral, or what. Dunno why they'd start with II otherwise.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:51 pm

I mean, those tickets have to come from somewhere, so I'm guessing a login bonus that starts tomorrow. Golden Week last year did the same thing, so it *probably* won't be all at once, but then again, this is gift season and there was no announcement (nor a precedent for these banners) so who knows. I don't recall any particular Christmas gift last year.

I was wondering about those numbers myself. I at first thought that the current banner would have tickets with a I but it doesn't. So, maybe it's a surprise they're foreshadowing and adding later? Can't think of why else they'd skip a number.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:02 am

Turns out the Red I was for the new Celica banner. Nice to have, not gonna complain, even if all my freebie pulls from those tickets didn't go anywhere.

On a lark I dropped some more orbs on the reruns and after being pity broken by a Luke of all things, finally got myself a second W!Tharja. With a +Spd this time, which maybe ain't great in her case, unlike most. My original is +Def/-Atk, so I can finally merge away that nasty -Atk bane. I'm guessing going down the Spd path this time would be a waste, for once.

That's all I was looking for so it's back to stockpiling 'til January for me.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:33 am

Grats on the merge!

I was surprised that the tickets were for the legendary banner but not complaining. On the 1st year winter banner, I pulled green since Lissa and Chrom share that color. After my tickets and 4 orbs, I got... Surtr. I can now make a full team of Surtrs. I didn't even check this one's IVs because this is ridiculous.

On the 2nd year winter banner, I got a +atk Eirika with my first ticket! Not sure if that's the best IV for a support unit (she's -res I think) but she was my most wanted so I'm happy with that result. Further tickets were trash. Gunter keeps showing up. I did want Fae but she seems redundant now that I have W!Sothis.

For the legendary, I spent my free pull, tickets, and 30 orbs and got Dimitri. +HP or something (tends to be my main boon). So, 3 5* units for 34 orbs. Not bad at all. I'll pull green again later but I don't want to fuck myself over by pulling again so early. I pulled L!Marth on Thanksgiving at Mike's parent's house so I'm going to try my luck for green units wherever I am later (we still don't even know what house we're going to today because communication... but they blame us for being bad at it).

Edit: The New Years banner has been datamined:
Spoiler :
https://twitter.com/rFireEmblemHero/sta ... 0688371712

Congrats on your Anna alt! I'm going to skip this one. People in the comments have mentioned Eir so I'm guessing an Eir alt is the TT unit. Makes sense since last year the banner was Muspell units. The beasts are kind of random, though, but they're our first beast alts.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:54 am

Ahhh what! Oof my orbs...

So I threw the tickets and orbs at the legendary banner, finally FINALLY got F!Grima (+HP/-SPD not great)... but I wasn't expecting an Anna alt AND a Sharena/Alfonse duo! I wouldn't have spent on this banner if I'd looked here before pulling just now lol.

Welp, I have F!Grima and 50 orbs.

-- Winter Eirika is really fun when you build around her, mine barely sees combat she's a great cheerleader. Her ATK/DEF/RES buffs to the highest attack is really good if you build a team with the same attack stat, basically they are always buffed anywhere on the field so they don't need to stay in formation. Wings of Mercy on her is great because it lets her port around the field to heal or snipe.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:05 am

Hopefully we get tickets for the New Years banner too. Grats on your F!Grima finally!

I dropped another 90 orbs after doing all my dailies and got Edelgard (most circles had no green to pull at all so I wasted a lot of orbs on shit in the process). Shit IVs, but I'll take her, especially since I got pity broken 3 times going for her last time. So Friday when the double SP kicks in I'll be raising Edelgard and Dimitri together, heh, along with W!Eirika. Not sure what I want to do with Surtr... Maybe build an obnoxious AR defense.

Edit: I looked at the datamine and wow, the skills on the new duo, holy shit. Might have to pull blue. Also cool that Anna's another red bow option, and our free Eir is a flying red dagger (a niche I don't have). Actually, I don't have any red dagger units.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:55 am

The art for these NY units is really good.

https://imgur.com/a/pBNgPrG

stats stats stats

skills: https://imgur.com/a/1DcdvBi

Alfonse/Sharena's speed must be so low 'cause one is carrying the other on their back

The freebie Eir we're getting from Tempest has Speed Tactic at 5* so that feels kinda important. Tempest is also getting us a Swift Sparrow seal. A good Tempest.

Obviously I'm stoked to finally have an Anna alt after all this time so I'll probably bottom out my stockpile pulling for her... plus merges, maybe, if I get a bad IV. But that duo is also cool and new Lethe and Selkie are unexpected so I feel like I should at least go for the Lethe as well. But yeah, priority Anna, 100%

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:24 pm

I have a spare Eir that I never use and I'm thinking of foddering normal Eir's B skill to this Eir, since her B slot is open. Haven't looked into the logistics of that being worthwhile or not, though.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:31 pm

I'm obv a huge Sharena fan, and that combo hero looks suuuper powerful... but I'm still going to try to focus pull Anna (even if reddit all think her skills aren't great). She can wear that swift sparrow seal too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:07 pm

I didn't know Treehouse did FEH videos 'til now

https://youtu.be/56ClSAsEOwM

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:13 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 9896747008

So, I think that last sentence is a hint that the January 8th banner will indeed be 3 Houses. It's overdue, in any case.

I want the Alfonse/Sherena duo from the New Year banner but that should last a few weeks, so I think I may wait to see who is on this banner before I do any serious pulling. They're only like 8 days apart so hopefully my patience lasts.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:46 am

I'm def gunning for Anna still, the new 3H characters are probably going to be regular versions so probably into the regular pool.