[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Delthazar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm using my Azura for now I guess.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:13 pm

A small part of me still wants that axe Azura but I have all of her other alts, so it seems pointless.

Edit: Omg if you spend 5 seconds on Twitter, you will see the new loungewear DLC update. I hate it.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:37 am

Caineghis and Tibarn are back on a banner. Glad I broke my savings and sprung for Caineghis, since I only spent a total of 10 orbs, which were immediately earned back (and then some) with today's bonuses and the rewards from their battle. Thinking about pulling for Tibarn to merge out mine's -Def bane, but I don't want to push my luck.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Took a couple of tries to get the BHB on Infernal, ended up going back to my old flier team. Firesweep Hinoka can still do a lot of work. No luck on the banner, but I'm up to 300 orbs now which is nice.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:43 pm

yeah, I stopped paying attention to orbs and banners and now I'm back up over 200. should match your current 300 by the time the Halloween stuff begins. I still can't decide what I want from that, aside from more Three Houses units of course - most of the other (popular) games already have tons of alts, these would naturally be the first seasonals for 3H

someone has to be a witch every year, my money's on either Dorothea or Manuela, though a Witch Bern would get the most orbs from me. I don't think they'd do a Hubert alt this soon but he makes the most sense of the dudes for Halloween anything.

ugh, wish they'd hurry up and start teasing this banner already

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:18 pm

also, the more I play Three Houses, the more I like Annette, so I hope she gets something too. kinda feels like she's a bit of an overlooked character, y'know?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Took a couple of tries to get the BHB on Infernal, ended up going back to my old flier team. Firesweep Hinoka can still do a lot of work. No luck on the banner, but I'm up to 300 orbs now which is nice.
Yeah, I had to resort to Bird Emblem to beat that one. Took a few tries, but that team usually wins anything with a few tweaks in movement/placement.
Delthazar wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:43 pm
someone has to be a witch every year, my money's on either Dorothea or Manuela, though a Witch Bern would get the most orbs from me. I don't think they'd do a Hubert alt this soon but he makes the most sense of the dudes for Halloween anything.

ugh, wish they'd hurry up and start teasing this banner already
Yeah I'm hoping for the trailer tonight rather than tomorrow night. Also yeah, Dorothea and Manuela would be good choices, as well as Lysithea. You already know my thoughts on Hubie. (But if Sigrun got a bride alt and a normal version within like 2 months time, it's not impossible, especially since he's more popular than some random Tellius character that *I* don't even care about, as a Tellius fan).
Delthazar wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:18 pm
also, the more I play Three Houses, the more I like Annette, so I hope she gets something too. kinda feels like she's a bit of an overlooked character, y'know?
I love her too! But I think she'd be best-suited as a singer alt, given her love of singing weird and adorable songs.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 67968?s=20

I like Norne's voice (and Sirius has a bit of a Triple H drawl going on, either that or this beer was too strong) otherwise I don't really have much of an opinion yet

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTRzqZOMjtE

I don't even know who Phina is, but... another dancer after a whole dancer banner? Not feeling that, but I am shocked that this is somehow the first rapier user, and at least she has another new skill as well.

Sirius was predicted on this banner and I'm not sure how or why that was, but another new weapon and skill. Decent enough. For those that don't know...
Spoiler :
He's Camus. Also Zeke in Echoes.
A lot of people wanted Norne. I never used her because she's one of those characters in Shadow Dragon that requires you to kill off a bunch of other characters to get. I did a deathless run, minus my required sacrifice. Hmm, maybe that's why I also don't know who Phina is. Colorless bow. Boring.

Nagi is clearly the winner here. Won't specifically pull for her, but green will be my free pull/tickets.

Looks like Lif is the free unit, based on the map screenshot. E: Actually it's Astram, according to the in-game notifications. Another character I never used. But like, Twitter keeps mentioning Bantu? I'm so confused.

E: Kind of sad that this is an easy skip for me when I was literally at the end of New Mystery of the Emblem when 3H came out. Like, where are Frey, Wolfe, Sedgar, Xane, non-fallen Hardin... etc? A lot of people wanted Sirius and Norne so good for them, at least.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Yeah none of these inspire me enough to drop orbs here instead of a halloween banner. How is Nagi related to Tiki?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 pm

She's her mom.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:06 pm

https://twitter.com/RubysBubys/status/1 ... 6875019264

Whoa whoa, wait, shit what?

The Bantu thing is real. He's just a non-focus unit being added to the pool. WTF is that shit!? It's Kaze all over again but even weirder. Will this be a thing now?

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:53 am

What's a non-focus unit? Does that mean he's in some event, but has a much lower pull rate (being part of a group with a higher percentage, but much more options)?

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I got it. Basically, what I just said. Yeah, that is weird. You would think all new character should be Focus to start out. Or, freebie.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Right, Kaze was at least a freebie at first. Not complaining, though. They should have been doing this a long time ago, since they're not demoting as much. I'm guessing they're adding him because they didn't want to demote anyone in the focus, since they all had new skills.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:26 pm

I enjoy that the Forging Bonds event is trying to explain why dancers can't dance each other. Is that something from wider FE lore or just a FEH thing?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 pm

I'm guessing it's a mechanical limitation designed to keep dancers from unbalancing the combat, but I didn't quite get deep enough into the older FEs to unlock or recruit dancers (and some might not have them at all) plus Three Houses restricts them even further by only allowing one character per run to be trained in that class.

Dance in FE is a really powerful ability, probably even more so than Double Tap and similar in XCOM, so allowing multiple dancers and/or dancers who can dance other dancers could bring the whole game to its knees if exploited correctly. Maybe that's also why the AI never gets dancers, at least not that I've seen.

FEH's Forging Bonds conversations about this is a really funny meta bit. Doubt there's actual lore about it though. Reminds me of the IT Crowd joke about typing Google into Google.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:42 pm

It would just be too game-breaking. I'm trying to think of an example of a mainline game with 2 singers and dancers where it's even possible to *use* more than one at once, and I can't... but I think I'm missing something and that there are instances where more than one dancer/singers exists, and they still can't refresh each other. That said, FEH has so many now that I think the "1 refresher only" rule needs to be upped to at least 2 for those larger maps (Grand Conquest and those weekly big maps).
Delthazar wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 pm
Maybe that's also why the AI never gets dancers, at least not that I've seen.
I'm assuming you're talking about mainline FE here? Now that I think about it... you might be right? But obviously, FEH has enemy dancers. I still can't beat that year-one chain challenge for the Performing Arts paralogue on lunatic.

But I will say this is one of the best Forging Bonds events. I may not know the main characters involved too well, but I love that it pulls in characters from several other games.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:29 pm

I changed my AR defense to my halloween team, since you're in autumn up on top of the globe. It's actually doing hilariously well, often taking out 4 or 5 opponents. From watching a few it seems people underestimate the range of my healing tower, and Witchy!Mia's inflict guard/reset cooldowns weapon, especially since she wings of mercys out of her corner.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:45 pm

That's got me wondering how many Halloween units I actually have, and if I've got enough for a full team, AR or otherwise. Definitely got that Mia, but... maybe none of the others?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:47 pm

I've got a superbane -HP witch Nowi (can't survive a hit, basically), a Halloween Sakura (niche weapon that's good against mages, but otherwise meh), Maid Kagero (decent, but I rarely use knives) the free H!Dorcus. Not enough to work with. Here's hoping my luck this year is better (especially since Nowi and Kagero weren't even acquired on their actual banners for me, and that wasn't due to lack of trying).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Oh right, that Maid Kagero was a Halloween unit, huh. I forgot where she came from. Seems I also have the spooky Myrrh. So with my witch Mia and the freebie Dork-ass, yeah, that's a foursome. Not quite enough for AR but maybe I'll get lucky this year.

...just pulled another Ephraim with my free summon on this revival banner. Figures. Bad IV, of course.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:34 pm

If you remember my halloween team is kinda cheating too, with Naesala there as a spooky Raven. I do have Maid!Kagero but she really doesn't feel like she fits the aesthetic. I guess I could make a maid team with Kagero, Setsuna, Felicia, (Fiora) or something.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Can't say I've ever seen someone go as a maid on Halloween, despite all the "sexy maid" costumes in the Halloween stores. So I thought for a bit maybe Kagero came from a different banner, like the odd, uh, food themed banner. (?)

Figures there's maid and butler costumes coming to Three Houses as part of the expansion pass.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Butler Hubert is barely a costume for him considering his role but I'm ready for it anyway...

Can't say I've seen too many maid costumes in real life either, now that I think about it. I'm thinking about trolling people this year and just being a sexy librarian. I'll be sure to put extra cat hair on my cardigan.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 7217155073

Finally!

Thasir (Veronica... that shouldn't be a spoiler to anyone here by now) is cool, but I won't be gunning for her. However...

Other greens: Yune (want!) and S!Veronica (also lowkey want).

Blue: V!Soren (Finally!), L!Ephraim (have), Kjelle (meh)

Red: L!Eikika (don't have, but meh), Hrid (wouldn't mind getting), L!Eliwood (wouldn't mind getting)

Colorless: Eir (not again), Picnic Genny (want), Fell!Corrin (want)

So, green is 100% a color I don't have, same with red. Blue and colorless run the risk of me getting a dupe unit, but also other good ones. This is a great banner, but I still just really want Soren. Watch me get like 5 Kjelles or something...