[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:57 am

Those are great, and it's cool that Hubert will have Akechi's voice, basically. I was looking up profiles and I could not believe that Hubert was only 20. Also, that blond guy in another house with the shirt that doesn't button up all the way is only 18. I thought these guys were older adults, for some raisin.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:53 am

Sounds like there's a lot of leaked spoilers flying around, so watch yer browsin'. Hell, if I watch any Fire Emblem stuff on YouTube this week, I might actually do it in incognito mode, just to prevent the recommendations algorithm from pushing spoilery video thumbnails into my feed.

Internet people suck.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:06 pm

That sucks :/

Just beat Shadow Dragon. I was on the last month for... over a month, according to the dates of my save states. I don't know why I procrastinate so much when I get to the ends of games.

I'm now playing New Mystery of the Emblem, which is FE3/12 and Shadow Dragon's direct sequel, and the only 3DS FE game to not make it to the states. Finding a translated ROM took all of 2 seconds though, so that was cool. Maps so far are tiny, though, at least in the prologue.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:38 pm

Okay, New Mystery of the Emblem is actually really fucking good. And it's funny that Luke is a bit of a joke in Heroes, but he's great in this game. I've gotten 6 hours in already and I don't want to stop.

And because this version is technically a remake, it's got an avatar character and some of the Awakening quality of life changes. So, it's got the cool things from the newer FE games without the baby realm bullshit. It's nice.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Hmm, sounds good, if I ever finish PoR I'll slide that one into the rotation somewhere, somehow. What's another old FE on the pile?

meanwhile,

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 16449?s=19

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:43 pm

I was gonna post about that but didn't want to triple post XD

But yes, it's cool! I'm still totally on the fence about my house now, though.

Part of me wants to just chance my free pull and tickets, and another wants to do full 20 rounds because I can, and just pick whoever I pull first in 3H (though Byleth would screw that plan up) so yeah... I dunno.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:10 pm

Figures, my free pull got me a totally unrelated 5* Olivia flyer. That's coming right off my previous free pull that got me a 5* Ryoma. Good thing I saved up 420 orbs for this, I'll need 'em.

e: a 5* Reyson? fuck outta here

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:16 pm

Why do you keep getting so many 5* free pulls in a row?

I got a 4* Cherche. Not pulling again until I earn my tickets.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:23 pm

The game is taunting me with fivers I don't need. Add a Karla to that list as well.

Thankfully I did just pull a F!Byleth, not a great IV though with +Def/-HP, but at least her Atk/Spd aren't banes. Down about a hundred orbs from where I started, could be worse.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:47 pm

"Could be worse" = I got down to the end of my orbs and pulled... a 5* Kaden. So 420 got me that Byleth and a bunch of unrelated goons. :pac

Onto the tickets I guess.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:42 am

I'm up to 200 orbs and figure maybe this is the time to pull again (I hadn't done a bunch of story quests which really helped fill up my orb coffers).

In other news this next GHB unit seems insane. Good offensive stats, atk/spd+5 if enemy is damaged, potentially vantage 4 and desperation on a dagger. Give that girl close counter and go afk apparently!

https://youtu.be/Q__5_MFEzM8

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:27 am

Nice!

Just spent all my tickets and got F!Byleth with my final one. Spent 23 orbs sniping in the other ticket pulls, so not too many. I'll be back at 500 tomorrow and ready for Soren next week.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Thoughts on Legault? He's a character I've got a bunch of 4 star versions of sitting around and I like his look and his weapon 'The Cleaner' has always seemed interesting to me (add bonuses on foes to damage). While great in that specific situation I feel like that's not going to be useful a lot of the time so maybe I just inherit that dagger onto someone else.

Also interested to play around with Matthew's Rogue Dagger (+5 to allies/-5 to enemies after combat) because that always seems annoying to deal with.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:31 pm

He was one of my 6 Halloween pity breakers last year, which is interesting, because I don't believe I've ever gotten a 4 star version of him, so I assumed he was a 5 star exclusive. Just my luck, with that banner...

I use him sometimes in arena assault but I mostly forget about him. To be fair, I rarely use dagger users that aren't Eir in the first place.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am

Per today's announcement, we're getting CYL 3 in August. I don't know why I always think that's in October... maybe that's when the voting for the next one is. I'm *probably* picking Micaiah as my free unit this time, but Alm might be a contender if he's good.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:40 am

Three Houses cover for Famitsu

looking forward to finding out who these people are/probably getting most of them killed somehow

e: orbs = feh eggs

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Just got the shipping notification. It's on like Donkey Kong.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:10 pm

The :can version of Amazon says "this title is not eligible for release day delivery" so I'll probably grab my copy locally after work on Friday unless Amazon is lying

go figure, the collector's edition is back in stock again, too.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:55 pm

Both of those situations are weird... not sure why you wouldn't be able to get release day delivery in your country, and the collector's edition has been out of stock for *months* every time I checked. I guess that's fine because it saves me money (I just got the standard edition because the other wasn't available) and I also pre-ordered before I even had my Switch, so I was being cautious (not that the special edition was available when I did actually pre-order, though).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:21 am

embargo's down, full reviews dropping, so far super positive

Waypoint: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/j5ww ... ses-review
Kotaku: https://kotaku.com/fire-emblem-three-ho ... 1836675912

aggregate scores a la Metacritic are currently in the mid-to-high 80s.

e: Polygon: https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2019/7/ ... ndo-switch

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:09 pm

some video going up. kinda struggling to avoid hitting play, it's nice to hear Gita being enthusiastic, but maybe it's just gameplay and I don't have to worry about spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwBiY6hFoRg

already full LPs starting from some folks like PM1, too. definitely holding off on those.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Yeah, I'm not gonna watch a LP unless I'm truly stumped on a map. That goes for the older games for me, even. I might give in and watch a LP of FE6 though, because I already tried that game twice and can't get a fucking break.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:47 pm

https://twitter.com/kyle_a_cadiz/status ... 34049?s=20

e:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 41857?s=20

so we're probably getting Lunatic as one of the free updates coming alongside the DLC drops.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:06 am

Lol, normal is fine for me, thanks.

My copy is out for delivery and I already got my FEH dailies done. Let's goooo, package...

Did you hear about the debacle with male Byleth's voice actor? He was a sex offender, apparently, and he was already recast. I'm guessing a patch to both 3H and FEH will change the voice.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:18 pm

well that's a big ol' yikes. and yeah, considering how Japanese companies are about drug stuff (just this year Sega and Square totally nuked a guy from Judgment and Kingdom Hearts over a cocaine charge) I'm not shocked at all Nintendo's already nuked this dude from FEH and eventually Three Houses.

I haven't started Three Houses yet but I imagine the amount of voice work in there might take longer to replace unless he's a totally silent protag.

Got my copy sitting on my desk in front of me, gonna get ready to mosey into it just as soon as I get started on this stupid amount of cooking I guess I gotta do.