[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:17 pm

Also, I've been keeping up on this, and Shannan's Astra special is still literally identical to Ayra's, despite the slight name change. It is still not inheritable. Why it has a different name is beyond me.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:51 am

It amuses me that Larcei is shown to be younger by just having a shorter version of Ayra's outfit. Altena seems the demote to me, Sturdy Stance and Brash Assault are meh.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:02 pm

The update is live in my timezone. I have no desire to do any of the weapon refines, so I don't know if those work yet, but I got 2 of the 3 new music tracks. I don't know why, but being able to spruce up my menus with new music really makes me happy, even if it's such a small thing.

Oddly enough, the newest of the 3 tracks I didn't get was the Path of Radiance one. That may still be one of my favorite FE games, but I don't recall the track at all or where in the game it was used. Meanwhile, the 3 Houses track should be obvious for anyone who played it due to its newness, and the Genealogy one is one I remember despite not finishing the game. It's a perfect winter-sounding track so my I made it my new resort bg music, which already had a winter theme.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:36 pm

Huh, I only got the update just now, a full day after you did. 2020 spacetime getting wild already.

That 3H track is excellent. I like both of the preparation phase themes in 3H but As Fierce As Fire is definitely my favourite of the two, and the other was already in FEH anyway (been using it since it dropped) so hey, cool. I hope they keep adding 3H tracks 'til we get enough for all moods/occasions/screens. I always dig it when Fodlan Winds pops up in battle but that's random.

A 10 orb gift went up for raisins, I didn't look into why. Guess I'll hit the new story maps and Forging Bonds and keep throwing balls into the Anna hole. Ehh on the new Genealogy banner, won't stick with that after the tickets are through.

...got broke again last night on the New Year's banner, this time with a Idunn. WHY.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:38 pm

also in google-checking Fodlan Winds this was the first result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuzeWpVESOs

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:56 am

I forced my update in the app store after I heard it was out.

The 10 orb gift was about Igrene's bow skills. Not sure why they waited so long (until people forgot about it) to give that out. Also, there's a new error with this update affecting Mordecai's skills, preventing one of the Grandmaster skill tests from being solvable, but no mention of compensation orbs for that. They're very inconsistent.

Idunn is pretty good but yeah, it's disappointing to keep getting screwed like that.

Edit: Shannan and Larcei literally have identical first conversations in Forging Bonds? That's just lazy. Granted, it's a conversation with each other and not the summoner or anyone else, so it makes sense, but getting them right after the other is dumb.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:06 pm

I also got broken again on the NY banner, by Ophelia. Already have a merged version of her so I guess +1 again.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:29 pm

I got Shannan with my last ticket. Shit IVs, but who cares- only spent a total of 8 orbs in the process. Now I can save up for V!Soren again.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 pm

Tickets got me a Larcei and an unrelated Alm. But not the same Alm as my other Alm, despite being nearly identical (one has a furline!)

At least the Larcei is +Atk. ...but also -Spd, which is annoying, but I'll try for a merge someday to fix that.

The number of 5* pulls I've had lately that aren't Anna are too damn high.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:39 pm

Is dong armor Alm also a red sword unit? That's the version of him that I'm still missing.

Cool that you got two things with your tickets, at least.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:35 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 2107058176

New calendar is up and there are some interesting things here:

Defeat 1,000 foes quest... that seems like a new thing. No real end date on it either, so I wonder how easy that will be. Granted, with the new TT also being a thing, it might seem like nothing.

NEW HEROES ON THE 19TH??? Like, they're just straight up throwing more new heroes at us in 10 days? No Forging Bonds to go with that set, either. Weird. Makes me wonder if *this* will be the 3 Houses banner we've all been clamoring for, since most people are already familiar with those characters so FB isn't really needed for them.

They're reviving that shitty hot springs banner only a few days after that starts, too, which makes me think they decided to skip that in favor of another normal banner this year, since that was so poorly received. The special heroes banner on Feb 6th is the Valentine's one, most likely. Glad they're not phoning in more hot springs units.

3rd Anniversary is on Feb 1... speaking of things that were poorly received (last year's anniversary). I wonder if they will change what they did or not. The whole thing is lumped into an "other" but I'm sure there will be a special login bonus, quests, etc, and they did that as to not reveal much.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:43 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:35 pm
NEW HEROES ON THE 19TH??? Like, they're just straight up throwing more new heroes at us in 10 days? No Forging Bonds to go with that set, either. Weird. Makes me wonder if *this* will be the 3 Houses banner we've all been clamoring for, since most people are already familiar with those characters so FB isn't really needed for them.
Either that or it's a Tokyo Mirage Sessions banner, since that thing's out on the 17th. But no matter which characters they pull from TMS, they're gonna feel pretty weird stylistically compared to... everyone else, so a 3H banner does still feel more likely, especially if there's no accompanying Forging Bonds. Not that every new heroes dump always has a FB, right?

Hypothetically a Lost Lore could take the place of Forging Bonds in terms of introducing characters, I guess.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:59 pm

I mean, lately I think all of the non-seasonal ones had FB? But maybe one or two skipped it. This current banner skipped the insta-demote character, so now we know that's not always a guaranteed thing.

A TMS banner sounds interesting but I know nothing of those characters yet. I will say this fairy stuff in book IV is already stylistically different, so I'm not sure if that will stop them. However, modern setting vs. older setting... hmm. Also, Warriors never saw a banner, so I'm thinking TMS is unlikely too.

I don't recall the former Lost Lores actually matching up with the banners that were out at the time, but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Also, no CYL announcement...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:08 pm

I don't remember if Warriors had any original characters or did anything memorable to the character art for returning ones (which were mostly just straight-up Awakening and Fates characters? Hell, I don't remember that, either) while TMS presents an opportunity to add both its original characters and a bunch of crazy new alts for existing FE folks.

I think the bigger issue with TMS is whether or not its returning FE characters look too crazy, since they're stylized well beyond what is normal for FE, much closer to SMT. There's nothing at all like them in FEH so far - though I suppose literal butterfly people might be inching closer than usual.

e: or Alternate Universe Zombie Alfonse, come to think of it

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:18 pm

Warriors has Rowan and Lianna, twin lords if I remember. But yeah, that's about it (I didn't get very far so maybe there are more unique antagonists later or something). So yeah, not very interesting and I can see why they were skipped. Little blonde sword brats, basically.

Curious to know how the alts would look in TMS style... One week from tomorrow. I happened to get that day off by chance so here's hoping my package comes early and not right before 8pm like Pokemon did.

The drunk librarian in me decided to look for patterns with Lost Lore based on your comment but there haven't been enough of them to come to a solid conclusion. The first one was New Mystery, and there was a New Mystery BHB shortly after the LL started, and then a New Mystery banner about 2 weeks after it ended. Okay, cool, so they're warming people up to the characters and releasing a banner later! Makes sense! Then the next was FE6. An FE6 banner was released closer to 2 *months* after that LL ended, rather than weeks. Hmm.

And then the third LL started way later after the previous one so already patterns seem to be breaking. That one was Awakening, and it ended on 12/4. So, following the very loose pattern so far, this could be an Awakening banner. I really hope not, though. We are missing a few characters that people want still, but compared to 3H, the Awakening pool in FEH is ginormous.

e: Alternate universe zombie Alfonse is likely this month's mythic, according to datamines I've seen.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 am

Anyone spreading bad vibes by suggesting the new heroes banner is NOT Tokyo Mirage Sessions will be banned on sight, thank you.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:23 pm

Might just spend the next seven days with this on repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJ97dG-HLw

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post by Flarecake » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:04 am

If anyone is interested, Joe Zieja, voice of Claude, is playing through Three Houses and posting portions of it from his Twitch on Youtube. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCigzBF ... w/featured

He also expresses concern over the Sauna boss design, which is super funny.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:12 pm

I watched that and yeah, the sauna boss thing was hilarious.

Beat the main story of FE7. The ending must have been odd to non-Japanese players who played this for the first time, not knowing this was a prequel to 6. I feel like I must have beaten this back in the day because I did remember bits and pieces of the ending. Time to start Hector mode. Don't think I've ever done that one. Hopefully I can whip through it before Friday.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Sauna Boss vs. Ball Guy, who you got

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:23 pm

Beat Travant's GHB with beat emblem, or at least the lower tiers. The infernal version having his special pre-charged was looking real deadly, so I took Spring!Sharena and she was able to deal with a lot of the units since there's no DC going on. Prob any Green Mage with 35+ speed on initiation could do it.

--edit--
Went for Akr!Duo again on the banner, no blue orbs, pity broken by Idunn on red (second copy). I guess I'll keep her around in case I want to use that Fort Def/Res 3 somewhere.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:35 pm

I got this GHB on the first try thanks to Winter Sothis being broken.

Sorry about your banner luck. That's really annoying.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Delthazar wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:08 pm
Sauna Boss vs. Ball Guy, who you got
https://twitter.com/CFDelsaber/status/1 ... 99968?s=20

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:49 am

Fucking FINALLY got my Anna so this NY banner can :getout

...she's +Res/-Def which is ugh but what do I expect really from IVs at this point.

But I also got another Mia with my free pull on her weekly revival banner, and she's a +Spd, so I'm happy. I can finally get a merge going. I think my first Mia was +Atk? Either boon is probably just fine.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:22 am

I somehow beat this Tempest Trial 2 days early. I usually time it so that I get 5000 points every day and finish on its final day. Not sure if it's just longer this time or if I absentmindedly got more points. Now I have to grind it for quest rewards :/