[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Have you guys pushed the OG Heroes up to 5-star? That's been a side project of mine, I have Anna/Sharena/Alphonse up to 4 star currently. That's something that you could spend feathers on.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:27 pm

I have Anna at 5* but Sharena and Alfonse are still at 4*. I dunno if I'll ever promote 'em now considering they finally have natural 5* seasonal alts.

Let (clap) Anna (clap) have (clap) a (clap) new (clap) alternate (clap)

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:31 pm

I have them all at 5 stars but rarely use them.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:24 pm

My Anna is still only 3*, but Sharena and Alphonse are 4*.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:28 pm

I feel like Anna is probably the best, but she got quickly replaced by my Raven and Brave Ike. Sherena was easily replaced by Fjorm, who everyone should have, and Alfonse is a common red sword user so probably replaced by several people, depending on the user's luck. Edit: And shit, the legendary Ike is a freebie, so definitely him, for newer users.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:31 pm

I started training them again just because they're the protagonists, and there are seemingly often quests to KO bosses with them.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:42 pm

I think Sharena would've had better staying power if she was a full armour unit. At least in my case, I'm pretty sure my only blue armor is still Effie.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Despite my efforts, I can rarely do those quests with those characters. Probably because I didn't put enough thought into their builds.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:34 pm

Having Swordbreaker on Witchy!Nowi and Lancebreaker on Spring!Sharena is really good! They have good speed anyway, but it means even the fastest red or blue melee units can get dropped and even if they have distant counter they'll never counter twice so I can probably survive.

I hadn't really looked at the breaker abilities before but they seem really good for tomes.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Spring!Sharena is a tome?

So what exactly do the Breaker abilities do?

I was leveling up Fae yesterday, and I'm really enthusiastic about that 10 HP heal every other round that is coming up. I've got it to every three rounds already.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Breaker abilities I think confer much stronger bonuses against opposite units on the weapons triangle. I don't remember exactly how they work.

And yeah, those healing abilities can be really great, especially on Tempest Trials and the like, where you're more likely to need a semi-dedicated healer after a few straight battles with the same squad.

I don't know much about Fae, but at least two variants of Lucina are perfect for an offensive healbot built. Her weapon already gives her a 10HP self-heal every second turn, plus you can stack that with Renewal in B and Breath of Life in both C and S for AOE heals on surrounding friendlies whenever she attacks something. And of course a healing skill like Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice for more direct heals.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Fae is pretty great. I have my 5-star one on rotation, and I sacrifice all the 4-star ones for her renewal skill. She's one 4-star pull that actually doesn't bother me since I can always find a use for that skill.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Holy shit! Am I reading this right?
When healing an ally with a staff, grants all allies Def +4 for 1 turn
So, if I deign to heal another healer, all four party members get +4 Defense? That sounds awesome! I mean... I don't foresee having two healers, but still.

Edit: Ike on Ike violence! My Vanguard Legend Ike just killed an axe bearing Ike.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:41 pm

7 for 7 in the Arena. Nice.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:26 am

They seeded Kagero vs. Camilla in this new gauntlet so someone's big bap waifu is going down in the first round

Battle of the baps

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:34 am

uhuhuhuhuhuhuh, Beavis, he said "seeded"

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:42 am

True Perception wrote:Holy shit! Am I reading this right?

So, if I deign to heal another healer, all four party members get +4 Defense? That sounds awesome! I mean... I don't foresee having two healers, but still.
It means when you heal using your staff, so healing anyone because all healers are staff wielders.

Breaker abilities say "If you attack that specific weapon type with high HP, you are guaranteed a follow-up attack and the opponent cannot follow up." So if I have 20 speed and they have 50 speed, I still hit twice and they hit once. With ranged units it's even better because you don't have to trade blows so you can stay above the HP threshold and keep doubling everyone.

Sharena is the only one in the voting gauntlet repping the new generation, her friends are getting creamed! Hopefully she can stick it out.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 am

I wonder if Sharena/Lucina is the first "rematch" we've had in a voting gauntlet.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:08 am

Ridin' for Lucina in the hopes of maybe someday pulling a Lucina

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:10 am

Delthazar wrote:Ridin' for Lucina in the hopes of maybe someday pulling a Lucina
Geddaload of this white knight. She ain't gonna put out for you, bro.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:13 am

ImageImageImage

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:10 am

I just went into the Gauntlet, saw Kagero had a lead of about 60M, did a battle, added the full 15k and now she is down by 300M! Voting happens fast.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:55 am

A while back they added multipliers for the losing side every once in a while, which can cause things to shift rapidly. Sometimes people even hold back under their side is losing because of it.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:11 am

Not particularly fair, but I can see how this would make it more exciting.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:14 am

I think the first few tournaments being super blowouts brought in that feature.