[Overwatch] lol Boston

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Overwatch] Del & John vs. OWL

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Dragons finally going after that Widow a little more aggressively, also a little too late.

Always fun to see a Widow get smoked from their own POV.

That was either a team kill or something close to it just now for the Dragons. :3

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:49 pm

0 and 21. The Reverse Undertaker, we call it. But some positives to take away from that match.

I just hope that the growing pains don't prompt another dose of panic from the head honchos. I would like to see this team given a real chance, even if they have to basically declare this season a wash.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:52 pm

That was a really solid showing on Junkertown. I'm pretty happy they at least pulled that one out pretty convincingly.

Ado's Genji and Tracer is scary, Geguri is a lifesaver on a regular basis, and Fearless running that Roadhog pretty much put away that map for the Dragons. That's not a bad core for a rebuild.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Also, nerf Effect. Make him play with a Walmart 7 dollar wireless optical mouse.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Heh, yeah, Effect: Still A Threat. I don't know where Dallas would be without him. In the trash along with xQc's pro career I guess.

But Effect/AKM's stats would be a little less monstrous with stronger counters. It's hard to get anywhere if yer giving an enemy Widow that much space to work their dirty dirty bidniss, and a lot of that comes from Shanghai's soft 'n' squishy supports wandering too far into killzones.

Daemin woke up too late to really get a good sniper duel going, too. That's kinda necessary as a distraction if you can't divert your dive-y tanks to squish the Widow, but he was good on Junkertown once the jitters wore off.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Jeff From The Overwatch Team (that's his full name, it's like A Tribe Called Quest, you gotta say the whole thing) announcing stuff in the middle of the next halftime

Let (clap) Roadhog (clap) use (clap) Pharah's (clap) jetpack (clap)

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:17 pm

srsly though I really want a fighting game styled story mode for Overwatch since the roster is already kinda structured and balanced that way.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Aren't you satisfied getting your lore from 30 different obscure sources compiled on the wiki?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:24 pm

I should go read more of that weird-ass wiki. I always forget the story of Overwatch is half assembled from whatever remained of the cancelled Titan MMO and half from whatever was added after they relaunched the project as Overwatch, so there's probably tons more lore than I realize.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:37 pm

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:09 pm

I love how "Happy Tree Friends" that squirrel is.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:13 pm

OWL update: it has been [0] days since the last major player scandal

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/47 ... ge-owl-fan

DreamKazper's already been suspended indefinitely pending investigation. Wouldn't be shocked if Boston releases him more or less immediately anyway just to get as much distance as possible. RIP this guy's pro career 'cause it's off to the courts for him probably!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:17 pm

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Overwatch] Del/C6/John vs. OWL

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:04 pm

DreamKazper's contract has been terminated by the Boston Uprising in the least surprising move imaginable.

Totally unrelated: there are Geguri jerseys now

https://www.intotheam.com/collections/s ... -ow-league

I dunno when/if I'd buy one but I should probably decide between the colour schemes first. Dunno if I have the skin to carry off a red-dominant jersey.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Shanghai's looking really strong against San Fran. Lost the first map by the slimmest possible tiebreaker margin, then took the second map pretty cleanly.

Everyone at the desk during halftime suddenly wearing Dragons merch. :3

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 pm

THE SHOCK WILL BE THE ONE IN ONE AND TWENTY-ONE!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 pm

STOMP YER FEET FOR JUNKERTOWN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyCCZYswwnY

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Aaaarrrrghhhh, gosh darn it.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Clooooooooooooose.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:21 pm

I missed chunks of it and still know jack about OW as a whole. Got any hot analysis for me?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Shanghai looked way better, but San Fran were also struggling more than usual.

For Shanghai, Diya settling into his Widow play was quite good, especially on Junkertown, where he found some great and sorta risky flank angles which paid off big, though that was helped along by San Fran not watching their heads closely enough or harassing the Widow quickly enough, allowing him to pick off some squishy supports. Geguri's D.Va also continues to be clutch as she's been coming through with some crucial holds, big self-destructs, and more than carrying her weight offensively.

Likewise, Shanghai leaving Architect's Widow alone too long got super dangerous towards the end and cost them some time they really needed. But their main issue there was concentrating too hard on the team fight on the last point, which they won at first, but they didn't have anyone pushing the payload at the same time. In a situation like that, even if you win the big fight forward of the payload, if the payload is just sitting still you're basically only running at half efficiency, so it's worth taking that fight 5 vs. 6 if it means you've got your 6th player keeping the cart moving behind you. Especially on that last point where the defending spawn is right there and yours is all the way back down the hall.

Some weird stuff in that match, too. Temple of Anubis had wildly high kill/death numbers for both teams, like in the high 60s/70s, and a ton of that was just from the two Genjis going crazy with their dragonblades. That's really unusual, but for Shanghai it's probably a good sign as they've generally been posting way more uneven ratios, and in Ado they finally have a super capable Genji to equal things up. Also, no sniping duels between the Widows, but for some raisin they got into a bunch of close-range engagements with each other in carbine mode, which I dunno if I've ever seen at the pro level.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Have it on in another tab. They've got this.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Don't choke now, you McDonalds fucks.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Florida v. Shanghai: Battle For The McDonald's Colours

really wish the white "away" Shanghai skins were available for tokens instead of the red "home" versions.