[Civilization] CANADA THOUGH

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM NEXT SEASON! (0-40) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Re: [Civilization] SCOTLAND THOUGH

Post by Delthazar » 1 week ago

Here's the debut gameplay stream for the Maori.

I dig them doing this every week.

Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM NEXT SEASON! (0-40) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Re: [Civilization] SCOTLAND THOUGH

Post by Delthazar » 5 days ago

Ha HAAAAAAA~!

HOW YA LIKE ME NOW? HOW YA LIKE ME NOW? HOW YA LIKE ME NOW? UH!

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Re: [Civilization] CANADA THOUGH

Post by DHerder222 » 5 days ago

You guys get an ice hockey rink as your unique building?

...Is that an insult, a compliment or a simple acknowledgement of reality?

Delthazar

Scotland got stuck with golf courses, of all things, so it's expected. :pac Some civs are inevitably gonna be drawing from the shallower end of the historical pool in terms of buildings and improvements, especially colonial or semi-modern civilizations.

Like, the only other thing that comes to mind would be the "Diefenbunker," and I'm okay not getting those if it also means getting a better leader than Diefenbaker, even if that portmanteau is delicious.

e: full deets
Canada – Wilfrid Laurier

Leader Ability - The Last Best West - Farms may be built on Tundra. After Civil Engineering, may build farms on Tundra Hills as well. The cost of purchasing snow and tundra tiles is reduced by 50%. Extraction rate of all consumable (strategic? Accumulated?) resources is doubled on Snow, Snow Hills, Tundra, and Tundra Hills tiles.

National Ability - Four Faces of Peace - Cannot declare or be the target of surprise wars, or declare war on citystates. Gain +100% Favor from emergencies or scored competitions. Gain +1 Favor for every 100 Tourism.

Unique Unit - Mountie - Light Cavalry unit (replaces Cavalry?). Can create a National Park. +5 Combat Strength when fighting within 2 tiles of a National Park. Additional +5 if you own that park.

Unique Infrastructure - Ice Hockey Rink - Only may be built on tundra or snow, one per city. Provides +2 Appeal and +1 Amenities. +1 Culture for each adjacent Snow, Snow Hills, Tundra, or Tundra Hills tile. Unlocking Flight provides Tourism. Unlocking Professional Sports provides +2 Production and +2 Food. Provides +4 Culture if adjacent to an Entertainment Complex with a Stadium.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » 5 days ago

It's cool (heh) to have a civ that can make that tundra do some work, seems a solid turtley civ all around. Mounties creating national parks seems amusing to me.

Delthazar

I love that Mountie feature because National Parks normally require the use of a Naturalist, which are always pretty expensive and can only be purchased with Faith, for whatever raisin.

A Mountie by contrast should be more-or-less the same normal production time/cost as any other light cav, and purchasable with normal Gold, so probably way more manageable for non-religious players by the time they become available. It'll be even better if they unlock before Naturalists, too.

Canadian National Parks also giving defensive adjacency buffs is pretty sweet considering they're four-tiles large.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » 5 days ago

Why isn't the leader Mackenzie King's ghost dogs? Boycotting.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » 5 days ago

So there's 2 left to reveal, right? Or 3?

I'm hoping the Ottomans/Turkey get a nod, I know they've been in most past titles but it'd still be a bit odd to completely leave them out.

Delthazar

Canada is the third of eight new Civ reveals, I think. Plus there'll be a ninth new leader for an existing Civ, if the leak is accurate, which so far it has been for everything else.
Spoiler :
Ottomans are indeed on the list if I remember correctly, with Suleiman returning again as their leader.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » 5 days ago

I have to say, all these changes are making me want to give Civ 6 another go.

cybersix
And you will know her by the trail of >:(

Post by cybersix » 5 days ago

I'm disappointed that the Mounties don't have the Shawinigan Handshake as their special ability.

Delthazar

Post by Delthazar » 4 days ago

Our unique ability giving us immunity to surprise wars should also be nullified if a pie to the face is involved.

Delthazar

Post by Delthazar » 3 days ago

:can The weekly gameplay stream is going up in fifteen minutes. :can

Delthazar

Post by Delthazar » 3 days ago

holy shit

buckle the fuck up if you decide to settle the coasts when the new expansion hits.