[Fighters] Soul Halibut

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM RAW! (2-2) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Re: [Fighters] Soul Halibut

Post by Delthazar » 3 weeks ago

There's a free-to-play version of the new Dissidia coming the to PS4 and PC. Looks like it'll be running a DLC model kinda like Killer Instinct, plus a weekly rotating roster of freebie fighters.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/0 ... p-release/

still sounds like an STD you need to treat with some kinda shampoo but I'm not exactly the target audience

Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM RAW! (2-2) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Post by Delthazar » 1 week ago

This is a goooood goddamn Johnny Cage.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » 1 week ago

The Cage family are really a highlight of MK lore. Also I love that Kano is Australian now (RIP Trevor Goddard you mad brit).

Delthazar

Post by Delthazar » 5 days ago

On a whim I played a bunch of the freebie "Core" version of Dead or Alive 6 and enjoyed it quite a bit. This version only has four fighters (Kasumi, Hitomi, Bass, some other guy) and no story mode - supposedly, as I was able to at least start it up and see some cutscenes without getting a DLC prompt.

But it seems like all the usual not-story modes are included in Core, yer Arcades and yer Versuses and whatnot, including a super long and pretty fun Quest mode, and all kinds of stuff can be unlocked through normal play even for characters that aren't in that freebie foursome, so that's cool.

I doubt I'll ever actually throw money at this thing but it is getting me in the mood to finally jump into Soul Calibur 6 when it eventually goes on sale. DOA ain't quite SC but it's perfectly competent and DOA6 feels like a pretty damn solid one of those.