[Suikoden] is still dead, long live Suikoden

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Re: [Suikoden] is still dead, long live Suikoden

Post by True Perception » 1 week ago

Come on! You know Bluti would grind Pirate Snowe from 1 star to maxed out before anyone else.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » 1 week ago

No lie...

But FEH is also the only gatcha game I've ever really played so I didn't realize 6 stars were even an option.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » 1 week ago

If FEH doesn't have them yet, they probably will soon. The model of almost every gacha is to continuously roll out stronger units to keep people grinding.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius recently debuted 7-stars to both joy and eyerolls.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » 1 week ago

Come on, 108-star Sonya Cat!

Delthazar
You were sleeping with your mouth open, just so you know! / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM NEXT SEASON! (0-40) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Post by Delthazar » 1 week ago

DHerder222 wrote:
1 week ago
If FEH doesn't have them yet, they probably will soon. The model of almost every gacha is to continuously roll out stronger units to keep people grinding.
I don't see 6-star units appearing in FEH until they run out of characters, run out of existing characters to shove into seasonal costumes, or run out of other mechanical ways to develop 5-stars, which is what systems like the Weapon Refinery is for. Also the whole concept of 40+ merges.

Adding a whole new star tier would require completely rebalancing the game from the ground up and that's super unlikely compared to adding relatively simple new progression systems for what's already there. 'sides, with a new mainline Fire Emblem coming in 2019, that's another few dozen characters coming in along with it.

Delthazar
You were sleeping with your mouth open, just so you know! / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM NEXT SEASON! (0-40) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Post by Delthazar » 1 week ago

Anyway. Franchises like Wild Arms, Arc the Lad, and... Popolocrois, what? ...all seem to have gacha games going on either right now or soon, and all of those are just as dead as Suikoden if not more so, maybe even with smaller remaining fanbases, so the only thing keeping Konami from pushing out a FEH clone or whatever is Konami, same as always.

Layfield's right though: anyone getting their hopes up or droppin' speculation just because of a random PSN sale or a website refresh of all things, well, woof, y'all do y'all, I guess. But Konami couldn't even make Metal Gear Survive work, in the games-as-service sense, or any other sense, really, and with a lot more money to play with there, so unless yer really into not-FIFA football games...