[Suikoden] is still dead, long live Suikoden

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Re: [Suikoden] is still dead, long live Suikoden

Post by DHerder222 » 1 week ago

That's cool. I haven't seen yours but there are a few on Youtube that are pretty long, like 30 minutes, so they're good for getting a sense of the game. I saw Haohmaru and Nakoruru so I wonder if they'll starting throwing every SNK character in there, KOF or not.

DHerder222

So okay. Aside from mostly demographic categories like race, gender and homeland, I see four groupings that would have an actual impact on the character's abilities and stats:

Element - 7 (Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Lightning, Order & Chaos)
Type - 5 (Balanced, Attacker, Defender, Healer & Support)
Weapon - 12 (One-Handed Sword, Two-Handed Sword, Bow, Axe, Thrown, Claw, Polearm, Staff, Wand, Dual Weapon, Hammer & Gun)
Army (This would be the type of unit the character leads in army battles if they're made a commander) - 5 (Infantry, Archers, Cavalry, Rune & Machine)

That makes a total of 2100 potential combos, although of course some would be much more common than others. I think that's a good enough spread. :awesome

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » 1 week ago

Perhaps too much spread, but yeah it makes sense to me.

DHerder222

Could probably cut down on weapons, but all of those categories seemed prominent enough to include.