[Deals] Late Stage Capitalism Discussion II

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Deals] Late Stage Capitalism Discussion II

Post by Delthazar » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:12 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:29 pm
There's a Golden Week sale on Steam. Gonna pick up Trails of the Sky for sure, and there are definitely others that I have my eye on that I didn't even realize Steam had.
Yeah, I gots my eye on a few things for sure. Soul Calibur 6 and Valkyria Chronicles 4 are both pretty steeply discounted. I might grab The Missing as well, support your boy Swery.

Those of you into murdery VN-like things, yer Zero Escapes, yer Danganronpas, which are usually oddly expensive, pretty much all of those are on sale.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:11 pm

Yeah, DanganRonpa Ultra Despair Girls is on sale (the one I don't have) but it's more of a shooter (so I've heard) so I feel like I'll be bad at it. I think I'll just watch a Let's Play sometime. I picked up Zero Time Dilemma, though, since I played the rest of that series already.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:05 pm

ThinkGeek is going away, kinda, so everything there is 50% off. If yer in the market for trinkets then now is the time to order a bunch of random games-related merch before their inventory vanishes. A ton of stuff is already out of stock.

I picked up a Zarya hoodie and a Vault Girl statue 'cause why not. That hood's way cheaper here and now than it'll ever be on Blizzard's own store and the statue is exclusive to this store and presumably will die with them. Both will look good on cam if I ever stream again and, like, stream on cam.

also the Borderlands Handsome Collection has a 97% discount on Steam right now, which translates to like 6 bucks, down from like, $250, at least in :can dollars, so if yer like me and curious about Borderlands but never pulled the trigger you may as well do it now

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:28 pm

That was one of the Freebies on Playstation Plus this month. Or was it last month? (Edit: This month) Either way, I "own" it. Might get around to it one of these days. I'm not even sure what type of game it is, really. Shooter/Western RPG, right?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 pm

ThinkGeek always sounded like a good idea to me and a lot of friends love it, but they never carried my particular fandoms. That said, between the high prices and popular fandom representation (Star Trek, for instance) how the hell are they going under?

(Just glanced at the site and I kind of want that giant Boo bean bag chair but it's $140 and I do not have room for it).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:05 pm

That $140 would turn into $70 with the 50% discount code at checkout but yeah that's still pricey for a big ol' bean bag you don't have room for. :pac (I really wanted the Snorlax version but it's outta stock and shipping something that large across the border would probably almost double the price and possibly get held up at customs) (I'm one dude and a cat, I absolutely don't have room for that.)

ThinkGeek was acquired by Gamestop a while back, which is maybe part of the raisin why Gamestops (and EBs in Canada, which never dropped that name) are pretty much just one big wall of Funko Pops these days. Anyway, seems like they're just now getting fully absorbed into the Gamestop mothership, so whatever ThinkGeek is/was including their store is vanishing. Who knows if anything will replace it but I kinda doubt it.

...but Gamestop itself is probably going the way of Blockbuster anyway given their recent losses and cratering stock price, so. Hell, this might actually be part of that. Consolidating acquired brands might be a death knell. I dunno. Sorta amazing they lasted this long.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:08 pm

For your fandoms in particular, I'd suggest Fangamer. They have a Persona 5 section and everything.

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/persona-5

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Didn't know about that acquisition. I'll have to let my co-workers know about this. They get all their Star Trek stuff from that site.

Oh man, Fangamer has an actual "Get Smoked" hat. That's amazing but I'd never wear it...

Still no Fire Emblem merch though. Haven't found a place to get that other than the fan-made stuff on Redbubble, most of which is Camilla-centric... Anyone know of a good official place for FE merch, or does that just not exist?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Unfortunately not. :( I kinda imagine if officially licensed FE merch is around it's probably coming from Nintendo itself and possibly also stuck in Japan. Maybe if Club Nintendo was still around they'd be carrying FE stuff now since the series has blown up in the west since Awakening but the Club is long gone.

I want a Feh plush.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 pm

I want that Ike plush that is apparently official... but I'd also want a Soren with it, which does not exist.

cybersix
ALIENS

Post by cybersix » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:08 am

Bier_Engel wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:16 pm
Oh man, Fangamer has an actual "Get Smoked" hat. That's amazing but I'd never wear it...
BUYING IT RIGHT NOW

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is on sale so I grabbed the Steam version. Might not get to it for a bit since I already have Kiwami 2 and Judgment going on, but the price was right.

There's a larger Sega publisher sale on PSN I think, haven't taken a closer look really, so this is probably their Steam end doing some pricematching.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:59 pm

The next/current Humble Monthly drop includes Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Moonlighter as its headliners, which are two really damn good certified bangers for twelve bucks, so jump in and grab 'em before the timer runs out if you've been sleeping on 'em, then maybe just unsubscribe from the recurring bundles if yer not interested in continuing.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly (if anyone actually does this, let me know, I'll send you a referral link, get ya boy some store credit whydoncha)

This is maybe the first Monthly all year I've let go through, and just for those two games, the rest of the drop can be junk and it'll still be worth it.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:17 pm

couple more real bangers out for free on Epic for the next couple weeks

Hyper Light Drifter, which I suppose you could call a Zelda-like, but that description doesn't totally fit or do it justice. Whatever you call it, it was one of the best games of 2016, is looks and moves cool as fuck, has a pretty amazing synthy ambient soundtrack, and a real unique and interesting storytelling style that revolves completely around imagery instead of words.

seriously, it has a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVdUufUBss

so go look at it

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... ifter/home

Mutant Year Zero is a tactics game in the modern XCOM mold, but more character focused, and probably more traditional in its narrative design, given the (I assume) lack of an XCOM-like base management strategy layer with a revolving door of replacement soldiers, so the dudes you have - which are ducks and pigs, I guess, being mutants and all - are the dudes you have. Supposed to be short but difficult. It's less than a year old, maybe? Wild to see it tossed out as a freebie this soon, even if it was in a Humble Monthly bundle recently.

also I guess it's based on a tabletop RPG? maybe Herder knows that one

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... -zero/home

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:17 am

Yup, I'm familiar but never played it. It reminds me a bit of the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles RPG from the late '80s. Man, thinking about all the random-ass licensed tabletop games from back then makes me nostalgic.