[WayBombPoint] Dinosaurs Aren't Real

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [WayBombPoint] Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:29 pm

Gita Jackson has left Kotaku and gone to Motherboard, so it sounds like she'll be a new regular on Waypoint Radio since they're like in the same building I guess. It's not 100% a Match-3 reunion but I'll gladly take it.

also Mike Mahardy namedropping Ashley Oh just makes me wanna hear her on the Beastcast that much more. The Polygon Show just hasn't been the same without her.

e: hell yeah Blade Runner playdate

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:08 pm

Lots of moves going on right now, I'm hopeful that Waypoint or GBE pick up someone relatively unknown because as much as I could write a long list of journalists I want to show up there, I'm sure there's lots of cool folks on the fringes that could bring great energy to those teams.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:18 pm

The Best of Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKCfGWeHSU4

I still can't believe he hit that last shot in XCOM, fuck

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm

So many top quality moments, I still remember when he joined and I found out he was the guy talking about the blue shirt bridge catfishing stunt I realised we were in for a trip. He really is a shining example of how to play heel without just acting like a dick.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Waypoint Radio 289 confirmed that Gita Jackson is joining the Waypoint crew! Excited to hear from her on podcasts a lot again, I loved her articles over at Kotaku too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Vinny messed around with some new 360 camera kit on today's Clue Crew and wow I always knew their studio was small but I didn't realize it was that small. I have more space in my lil' one-man-one-cat workshop loft.

e: hell yeah Vinny's digging out some of the ol' tricaster effects

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:38 am

Clue Crew is a great series, and yeah I'm always here for tricaster shenanigans! Meow.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Waypoint's big ol' Disco Elysium spoilercast has me thinking yet again about picking it up. I always hesitate, though. Some of the fans for that thing are just... too much.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:26 am

It's one of those games where it seems it might push the industry forward with story and quest design, but I have zero desire to play it.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:32 am

Of all the topics to come up on Gita's first Waypoint Radio, Groverhaus was not one of them. What a treat.

e: GBE PLAYDATE FEATURING ASHLEY OH!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 am

I love how when Sims 4 came out there was basically no Sims content on videogame websites, and now not only have the likes of Abby and Gita brought it back into public consciousness beyond fans of the series, but people are actively asking for more Sims content.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:32 am

With the full release of Kentucky Route Zero finally happening, I figured I'd go back and check out the quick look from 2013... featuring Patrick Klepeck and Ryan Davis. So, yeah, a lot of time has passed and a lot has happened, huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSoUPIlj-U0

There's a new quick look for the TV Edition up today but there's a spoiler warning on it, I think they're jumping around between the episodes, maybe even into the final episode. So I'll check that out another time.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:28 pm

Yeah the new QL is a part of Ep3 and the start of Ep5, neither seem super spoilery but if you want it to wash over you I'd avoid it.