[WayBombPoint] Dinosaurs Aren't Real

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

[WayBombPoint] Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 pm

It was interesting having Abby as the unrelenting force this time when it's normally Brad who digs his heels in and strong-arms his selections into the top 10. Dan being dismissive of Dream Daddy was some classic old-Dan though. I don't know that I've ever agreed with the GB #1 GOTY, but my lack of old-console nostalgia puts me in a very different place when it comes to a lot of the games they enjoy.

I'm most surprised that Horizon was so low. I knew the comparisons to Zelda would come up but it's odd to me how much my flatmate loved that game and enjoyed traveling on foot and all of the battles which were things that apparently most of the GB crew hated in the game.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Giant Bomb/Waypoint] imstillwithher

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Horizon offers so many options in combat and the primary archery at its best is sublime so yeah, I was a little baffled there too, especially considering they gave it five stars in their review.

Also, some of the points they brought up against it, like the climbing, kinda didn't also come up in their conversations about Uncharted, which is the ur-example for those points and does it way more often, and for far longer stretches. There's no one climbing sequence anywhere in Horizon or its expansion that is anywhere near as long or involved as the climbing in Lost Legacy, to say nothing of Uncharted 4.

Hell, unless the player is going for the optional Banuk figurines, I feel like just about everywhere you need to go in Horizon has an alternate route.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 pm

I enjoy more technical climbing, and Horizon and Uncharted were sort of the closest there was to that this year. I get that it's not novel anymore, but if you were into Tomb Raider games it wasn't all that novel in Uncharted or Assassin's Creed really either. The absolute worst was Shadow of War, where it's basically pointless because you just rocket up the side of things faster than you would cover the same distance on the flat. At that point why grab anything? Just run up the side like a ninja ffs.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:51 am

I'm watching GiantBomb Hitsmas, and holy shit this game delivers time after time! :pacdown

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/holida ... 300-12717/

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Giant Bomb/Waypoint] Don't Call Norm

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:48 pm

Oh shit GB is doing a Sims series soon with all the duders as sims (and Rorie as a dog.) That sounds like appointment viewing.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:10 pm

The Sea of Thieves beta footage was a good watch. The game itself looks like it would be boring AF solo, and how it performs as a multiplayer experience depends on how much content there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJPmNPp_xMc

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Oh yeah, totally. Right now my feeling is that it could be a massive hit, like almost this year's PUBG or Rocket League, if it launches with a good content crop. If not then I'm not sure what will become of it. They pointed out that the beta was #1 on Twitch which is a very positive indicator, at least.

One of the raisins I don't play squad PUBG a lot these days is 'cause it's like, the opposite of chill. Sea of Thieves gives me the impression that it could be the chill-ass squad game that PUBG usually isn't. The framework is there and it's effin' solid as fuck; they just need to fill it with enough carrots and sticks to get people in and keep them in.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:40 pm

WIth no debit card on hand until I sort my bank situation, my premium has lapsed and I have no way to renew even though I have the money for a months subscription in my PalPay. Feels bad man. There's a bunch of stuff I missed, and I never even started Beast in the East.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:33 am

Exquisite Corps is back and it's a nail-biter. I'm def looking forward to Abby's Sims series too. Maybe Del can host on twitch himself watching premium videos* and we can chat as we go. :pac

* I'm sure that's not frowned upon at all...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Heh, I can do the thing a weirdly high number of people do with WWE shows on YouTube: just a "reaction stream" of me with the GB audio in the background and most of the screen taken up by donation links.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:19 am

Oh man the Episode 00 of Thirteen Deadly Sims is up and it's hilarious!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:40 am

Vinny's attempt to describe Dragon Ball on the Beastcast is so damn good and I hope someone edits that over actual Dragon Ball footage on YouTube.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:21 pm

All Systems Goku made me download a batch of Dragon Ball Z Kai episodes.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Oh lord, the latest Exquisite Corps... Dan's inattention
Spoiler :
Got Donna Tello and Gita Jackson straight up fired instead of removed from the party.
Also Jeff and Dan talking about episodes of DB Kai as a new podcast makes me maybe want to watch Kai.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:24 pm

I'm only about 20 minutes in but

Vinny: "all I can say to myself watching this is DON'T OPEN TOO MANY DOORS AT A TIME"
Dan: "have you seen how well it's gone so far?"

Good, cautious advice from Vinny = Dan doubling-down in risky behaviours "because it's working so far" is a disaster waiting to happen :pac

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:08 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:Oh lord, the latest Exquisite Corps... Dan's inattention
Spoiler :
Got Donna Tello and Gita Jackson straight up fired instead of removed from the party.
OH CHRIST

my own inattention didn't catch that either until someone put a clip on twitter. Bloody hell, that's a new one.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:00 pm

I guess it's better than being sacrificed to keep the Abomination safe.
Spoiler :
Is it a bug that the mind-controlled Dirt Bike didn't do anything? I seem to recall that might have happened to me too.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:01 pm

John Layfield wrote:All Systems Goku made me download a batch of Dragon Ball Z Kai episodes.
I streamed them on animebam, could sneak you a link if you want.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:I guess it's better than being sacrificed to keep the Abomination safe.
Spoiler :
Is it a bug that the mind-controlled Dirt Bike didn't do anything? I seem to recall that might have happened to me too.
I never got deep enough into Within to field MECs that often, but it could totally be an expansion bug causing that particular effect just not working on them for whatever raisin. Which is lucky as hell considering the situation Dan found himself in there.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:25 am

I remember an oh shit moment where I thought I was gonna get punched, but they just stood there and did nothing.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Hey Layfield in lieu of GB's Exquisite Corps you could always fill that void with Waypoint's XCOM 2 run, which I guess is now a regular weekly deal.

e: maaaan that's not the delivery I expected from John de Lancie.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:26 pm

XCOM is most fun when there's a healthy dose of chaos in there.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:37 am

Exquisite Corps
Spoiler :
Maaan this is getting rough.

RIP MEC Gerstmann.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:43 am