[Game News] + General Gamesy Chatter

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Game News] + General Gamesy Chatter

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:56 pm

I can't remember if we talked about it here before, but the upcoming 4X 10 Crowns has been renamed Old World and is now in early access on EGS. It's looking to be more-or-less equal parts Civilization (specifically IV and V, I think) and Crusader Kings 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTwUvZyftgM

The familiar accessibility of a Civ with the character-driven and event-heavy dynastic systems of CK should be a fantastic marriage if it all works out, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Old World, Humankind, and Crusader Kings 3 are all launching this year, barring virus WFH adjustment delays, so it'll be fun to see which of 'em take off.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:09 pm

:siren FREEBIE POST :siren

The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey are both "stay the fuck home" freebie incentives on PSN right now. Good excuse to play Journey if you haven't already. The Drake Collection is probably more Uncharted than I really need coming off 4 and Lost Legacy not too long ago.

On the PC side, Just Cause 4 is the current free game on EGS, which feels... quick, but I suppose it's slightly older than I realized and wasn't quite as well received as its predecessors, so whatever.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Old World could definitely be cool. I could be mistaken, but I've never found a Civ-style sim that puts a focus on characters. I know a few like Tropico have tried to incorporate dynasties but I haven't tried any personally.