[Game News] + General Gamesy Chatter

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM NEXT SEASON! (0-40) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Re: [Game News] + General Gamesy Chatter

Post by Delthazar » 1 week ago

A bunch of old-ass PC RPGs are getting new-ass console ports, including Switch versions.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/7/182156 ... s-consoles

A bunch of Baldur's Gates, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale... good gets, for wherever they land.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » 1 week ago

That's awesome! I was just asking about these a couple of months ago. There's a very good chance I'll play some of these.

cybersix
And you will know her by the trail of >:(

Post by cybersix » 1 week ago

FFXIV is bangin' and I am so hyped for Shadowbringers.

hey del: i have a code through twitch prime for a copy of the starter edition, which is the base release plus 30 days of game time. you have no excuse to not try it. :pac

Delthazar
The Algol OG / DRAGONS! EAT 'EM NEXT SEASON! (0-40) / Nebula Coffee Company CEO In-Absentia

Post by Delthazar » 1 week ago

Fffffffuck. Guess I gotta try it then. (Assuming I have the install space 🤔 ) Can't guarantee I'll stick around after 30 days but it'll be some good temporary fun.

Delthazar

Post by Delthazar » 3 days ago

Today's Nintendo Direct, I'll embed the Fire Emblem part in the other thread, yadda yadda.

- MARIO MAKER SWITCH. RETURN OF THE RYCKERTALYPSE. P O L I C E S T A T E

- Ultimate Alliance 3, Marvel things, yep, seems to have all the Marvel things, up to and including Captain Marvel

- Dragon Quest Builders 2 and a Switch-exclusive definitive edition of DQ11 with a 16-bit mode, kinda cool I guess if you can stand to look at Dragon Quest stuff for more than couple seconds without falling asleep

- A new version of Rune Factory 4? And also Rune Factory... 5? Did anyone play these? They look a little Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing/Stardew with the anime slider dragged all the way to the right

- the I Am Setsuna people are doing another thing, hopefully better than their last couple things :sigh

- Daemon X Machina still looks neat.

- Platinum has a new IP called Astral Chain that looks kinda like a cellshaded cyberpunk character-action thing with some light mecha stuff. A more anime Metal Gear Rising, maybe.

- A total remake of Link's Awakening, the ancient Zelda thing on the OG Gameboy. It now has kind of a claymation look.

- MISC THINGS: Box people, Smash version updates (with no details, heh), Toads who are captains, Blood stains, Disney zoom-zoom (tsum tsum, whatever), Starlink with more pigs and foxes, craft artisanal bespoke Yoshis, a non-Effected Tetris, ...Dead By Daylight? Some incomplete free version of Deltarune as early as February 28, ...GRID Autosport? I wonder how the framerate feels... Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, nice get... Mortal Kombat 11, Unraveled Two, Assassin's Creed 3/Liberation, Final Fantasy things, and a Bayonetta 3 namedrop but nothing else.