CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Re: CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

Post by DHerder222 » 1 week ago

I got Tokyo Xanadu for the PS4 the other day and thought I'd give it a plug. It's only $12 on sale right now, I think for another week or two. It's a simple but pretty fun game, and it might be a good fit for you Persona-loving folks. Even though it's an action RPG and not turn-based, the phrase I would use for it is "Persona lite." It's got otherworldly dungeons, slice-of-life downtime, even friendship gauges with your teammates. Heck, it even operates on a calendar like P5.

I'm only a small way through it, but I'm digging it so far. Worth a look if you've got an RPG itch to scratch.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » 1 week ago

That's a game I've had my eye on. Is it $12 digitally, then? I might pick it up for the sale price, since my PS4 should have plenty of room.

That said, there's an EX version, I think? I'd have to look into the differences, but is it that one, or the normal one on sale?

Speaking of sales, I guess the Zero Escape series is being heavily discounted on Steam right now.

DHerder222

I wasn't clear enough - Tokyo Xanadu was the original Vita release, and Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is the PS4 remaster. So it's all the same game.

And yup, digital version is $12.

Bier_Engel

Sweet. Probably not going to touch it for months, but I'll jump on that at that price.

E: PS4 version is $18... which is still a hell of a step down from $60, so that's downloading right now.

DHerder222

Huh, that's weird. That's not what I paid. Does PSN ever change prices mid-sale?

e: Just realized it could be a Plus thing.

Bier_Engel

Yep. I noticed Plus discounts and I don't have that.

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » 1 day ago

Let me know what you think of it when you start playing. I'm juuust about done with the first playthrough.

Any other games you folks can think of that have the kind of school/life sim elements Persona made famous?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » 1 day ago

I've got a ways to go with Fire Emblem before I switch to something else. Speaking of, 3 Houses does have school elements...