CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

Post by True Perception » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:56 am

I was too engrossed in Hellblade to drink myself into a stupor. Oh well, I'll have to do better tomorrow night...

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Re: CF-WRUP IV: big mood, big game chat

Post by True Perception » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:19 am

They included Skeleseer in Lost Legacy! I love it!

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:25 am

Holy shit the ending combat sequence in Lost Legacy was intense! Fucking amazing! Gotta love Naughty Dog.

Edit: Lovin' the credits, too.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:42 am

You know, I think I liked Lost Legacy more than Uncharted 4. Mostly due to the shorter run time; not overstaying it's welcome, but also because there were some slight improvements. There was a lot of series rehash: That final fight sequence and the major statue in particular very reminescent of 2; but I liked it a lot.

Though, that might be due to time. Thinking back, 4 had a lot of great moments for fans of the series.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:22 pm

Man, some of these trophies are brutal! This is going to take some time, and I haven't even started my Crushing playthrough! One requires you to play, basically, half the game without using weapons.

C-Phoria was a nightmare to get, even though every walkthrough makes it sound like a cakewalk.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 pm

I never expected Undertale to be so Thor damn HARD. Avoiding the shit coming at me in the battle system is not my forte. But I love the music and humor a lot, so I'm gonna keep at it.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:13 am

Yeah that part of Undertale is a significant barrier to me playing it. Also I've watched a full playthrough so I experienced the ride without the stress of actually playing.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 am

Yeah, I'm progressing very slowly, in very small chunks. This boss that I'm stuck on can't be skipped, obviously, and I don't think I can go back, either. I'm in a place where I fell and I'm in a river of trash. I don't think there's a way back up to the previous town to get more healing items.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:29 pm

I started Undertale on PS4. I see what you mean about dodging. The Greater Dog is giving me some trouble. I'm trying a pacifist run, though, so maybe it's easier if I was going normal RPG style.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Yeah, I had trouble with him too. I just tried the boss I was stuck at again 4 more times and while I definitely got better/close, I still sucked. Really, if I just had one more healing item, I think I could do it. I might just start over.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Started over. The game moves much more quickly once you know what you're doing. I'm already in Snowdin town, which is past the fight you're stuck at, and beat the boss there (well, not really "beat" him, but you'll see what I mean if you have the same trouble I had). I think all that took me 3 nights the first time around. Took me around an hour tonight.

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post by Flarecake » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:49 am

My husband has been playing Just Cause 3, lately. It was free on PSN. It seems pretty fun. Kind of a hodgepodge of some other games (GTA, Tropico, etc). I haven't played it yet, personally, but I personally don't like third-person shooters, which this is. It's an entertaining game, though, that's focused a lot on blowing stuff up, which is always fun.

Thor McOdin Senpai
Tenkai Star of Caffeine-Fueled / Can you apply the penal code to demons? / CF-NHL Runner Up 2016

Post by Thor McOdin Senpai » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Game You Shouldn't Play: Deep Space Waifu

Soundtrack You Should Listen To: Deep Space Waifu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FDf9_7 ... zXlhUTkq_S

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Yeah, the name alone would keep me away from that one.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Also, you know how I started over in Undertale? Well, I beat the boss that was giving me trouble on the first try this time, and used only 1 healing item. So technically, I could have done it without resetting. I think the extra practice of running through that part of the game again made me better at it, though.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:55 pm

I don't know how much you know of the game going in, but what play style are you using?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Pacifist. I know enough about it to know about the routes and such, but the little bits of humor are still a surprise for me. I love Napstablook, by the way. Can't wait to meet Mettaton.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Same here. I hear it's a lot easier if you go full on murder mode.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Undertale makes a hilarious FF6 reference and now I'm just in a really good mood. Why did I wait so long to play this?

How far are you now, Teeps?

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Same place. Haven't played since the other night.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:47 pm

True Perception wrote:Same here. I hear it's a lot easier if you go full on murder mode.
What kind of monster are you?

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:25 am

That was actually really funny. Even without realizing that it was supposed to be Vegeta...

I thought it was going to end hell of early.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Damn, Undyne is a pain in the ass!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Yeah, she took me a few tries, too. I'm glad I watched a video after failing a couple times because it gave me a heads-up that I could flee after a certain point (which is what you're supposed to do) because the first time around, I was just trying to dodge forever...

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Ah. I thought my heart changed colors at one point. That'll help drastically. If I had noticed, I wouldn't have lost.