CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:27 pm

I always buy physical on consoles to save space, unless it's an older game that's digital-only for the console, which is what the space I'm saving by buying the newer games physical is basically for.

At least the Switch allows normal SD cards instead of the expensive Sony-branded memory cards that only work in the Vita. I think that's part of what killed the system. I would have bought more games for it but didn't want to buy another $40 memory card on top of the cost of the games.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:34 pm

Oh totally, the weird proprietary Vita storage cards were stupidly expensive and like you I probably never stuck with my Vita for much more than P4G partially because of that. If old PS1 stuff like the FFs, Personas, and Suikodens weren't made Vita compatible then it really would've been a one-game system.

Even then, I had to constantly shuffle stuff around for space, and I only really remember that I even own a damn Vita when the power fails. My Switch is gonna vore all that lunch instantly.
John Layfield wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:20 pm
Zat Ivy bobble'ead eez a WAR CRIME!!
it's so bad

but also bad enough to be a curiosity item I can't bring myself to throw out

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:39 pm

I'll say this about my Persona 4 Golden System: I don't regret buying it for that one game.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Same. The Vita also looks pretty nice next to my Saturn in a display case. :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:45 pm

I mostly bought it for that and P4:DAN. I've got DAN on my PS4 now if I feel like replaying it though. I did also have the FFX/FFX-2 HD remake, which has also been ported to PS3 and 4, but I still only have that Vita version. I think those are the only physical games I bought. I have Suikoden I and II and Xenogears on there for when I feel nostalgic (now that's a game that could use a remake...)

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:46 pm

oh christ remaking Xenogears might take longer and cost more than FF7R, that game is probably just as large and also a total mess

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:53 pm

I liked the Vita well enough, but I've never been a big fan of handhelds, in general. I think I splurged on the bigger card to avoid this, especially since I bought it on a Black Friday sale. I mostly got the FFX HD game, and a bunch of old games. I should charge mine and play some of said old games.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:44 pm

oh yeah, any of you Switch owners have a recommendation for a good stylus? the zeitgeist says I'll probably want one for Mario Maker, among other things eventually, I'm sure.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:59 am

I just jumped into My Night Job, which I bought the other day for 99 cents, to get some points to push the Corgis even farther ahead. It's actually pretty fun. Nice for a quick bit of gameplay.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:56 pm

That Fallout figure is pretty rad. That kinda thing would make me want to play Fallout 4 again to create a character that looks like her and attach stories to her by proxy.

I had a fun emergent Sims 4 moment on the weekend. The latest expansion is 'Island Living' and includes a lot trait called "Off the Grid" which means you don't get power or water (but also no bills). I am playing with three sims in an off the grid lot, which I've set up as a camping ground with a couple of tents and a campfire etc.

Since Seasons there are events in the Sims, which show up on the calendar. One of those that can appear is "TV Show Premiere", where you need to sit your Sim down and watch TV for a bit. This is normally pretty easy, but off the grid I can't run a TV and my sims will all get sad for like a day if I don't complete this event.

So I invite myself over to the house of some nearby sims that we met on the beach the other day, and they welcome us in. My sims are kinda always hungry because they're subsisting on granola, picked fruit, and roasted marshmallows. While my sims are all sat watching the premiere, the lady from this house walks in and puts a plate of hot dogs onto the coffee table. I was like "oh hey, we can vore" immediately followed by "oh wait, 2/3 of my sims are vegetarian..." I hovered over the hot dogs and they were in fact vege dogs! So not only had this sim who I kinda barged in on to watch her TV, not only did she cook for everyone, she made a vegetarian meal so that everyone could vore!

Side Notes:
Normally sims will cook for themselves, and don't GAF about feeding others, but whenever anyone uses a BBQ they always cook a meal to share. So this sim just decided to use the BBQ instead of her stove.
She then came and put it on the coffee table where everyone was gathered, walking right past the dining table and counter where she would normally put it (don't know why).
She also must have randomly chosen to cook vegetarian because I'm pretty sure she's not vege herself, and we'd barely met so it's unlikely she knew my sims were (I don't think even if she did know it would change what she cooked).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:56 pm
That Fallout figure is pretty rad. That kinda thing would make me want to play Fallout 4 again to create a character that looks like her and attach stories to her by proxy.
This feels like a stream prompt. :pac Recreate the figure, complete with her melee focus, and roll around the wasteland building things, sledgehammering people

Not sure I've ever actually rolled melee in a Fallout come to think of it. Hell, even in Elder Scrolls, I'm primarily an archer, only opening up with swords if the target survives long enough to close the distance.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:23 pm

Melee builds are fun, I ran a fist focused melee rather than sledge but yeah there are a ton of great perks:

STR 2 - Melee Weapons
STR 3 - Armorer
STR 4 - Blacksmith
STR 9 - Rooted (increases DR when not moving, which includes VATS)
END 1 - Toughness (+50 DR)
END 3 - Lifegiver (+60 HP, regen HP)
END 6 - Rad Resistant (+60 rad resist)
END 7 - Adam Skeleton (no limb damage)
END 10 - Solar Powered (+2 STR/END, regen rads, HP)
CHA 2 - Black Widow (smite fools)
AGI 5 - Action Girl (AP regen)
AGI 6 - Moving Target (+50 DR/ER when sprinting)
AGI 9 - Blitz (increased VATS melee range)

I started with a bunch of STR and END, pushing them up to 10 with early levels, which then can hit 11 with bobbles and 13 with solar powered (while in sunlight). This effectively allowed me to beat up basically everyone with just some bladed knuckles, only pulling out the big powered fist against high boss types.

Actual out of VATS melee can be a bit annoying, a lot of enemies are fast at pistol whipping and blocking your hits which knocks you out of your melee animation so either you're feathering distances or learning to block yourself. There's no resisting a VATS hit though. I only got BLITZ pretty late on (lvl 45 or something) but it's kinda hilarious that you can pinball around a battlefield, and your melee damage is boosted for how far you travel.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm

Started Trails of Cold Steel 2 today. I only stopped playing because my controller's battery got low. It's pretty damn addictive, and I'm liking it better than the first game already so far since it doesn't have the restrictive day by day class structure.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Got my Switch, got a copy of Mario Maker 2, got a couple bottles of wine, let's mosey.

Y'all with Switches, add me: SW-2907-3738-5870

e: funny enough in the suggested friends thing it lists "Cool Virion" and Hunter with FEH logos next to yer names, but no actual profile data when I click on 'em, and none of my other FEH friends are listed in the same place (?) - kind of a weird thing. I dunno if those would actually send requests to yer Switches or not.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Well, I wouldn't be listed because I don't have my Switch yet, but yeah that's weird, because if you have randos on your list in FEH like I do (I add everyone who sends me a request because why not?) you should theoretically have more people listed there.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:35 pm

Wow who could Cool Virion be. I wonder.

It's likely something to do with how you can link FEH and Nintendo accounts but it's still weird because yeah I have 100 FEH friends and certainly not 100 suggested Switch friends.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:07 pm

Big brother is watching us...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Just bought my Switch and it's arriving Friday. Still loving Trails of Cold Steel 2, so I don't know what I'll be doing with it so much until the 26th. Is there any pack-in software or free games that are decent?

Edit: Also, is a screen protector really necessary? They seem to be pushing those, but I never needed one for my 3DS. Hell, never even used one on any of my phones.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Hmm, if you've never needed a screen protector for yer 3DS or phones, I doubt you'll really need one now, unless yer paranoid about scratching a screen on a pricey bit of kit. If you see yerself playing a ton in handheld mode then it might be worth it if the price is right. If you think you'll mostly play docked, then maybe not. Some people used to report scratches after sliding the Switch in and out of their docks but I dunno if that's still a problem or more an issue with 3rd party docks or people being "the wiimote slipped out of my hand and broke my TV" levels of clumsy

If you play handheld with a stylus then that might reduce the chances of scratches? I assume the DS or 3DS stylus you probably already have would work just fine.

Reminder: Amazon Prime users get a year free of Nintendo Online (either directly through Amazon or through Twitch which is owned by Amazon, I don't remember) so you can get a bunch of NES games and Tetris 99 that way. Everyone's mileage will vary with NES stuff but I played a bit of Tetris 99 last night and it was pretty good.

There's various freebies in the Nintendo eShop but I don't know a lot about them, other than Fallout Shelter, which is a port of an iOS/Android sim/management thingy, and... I assume the Switch versions of things like Paladins and Warframe are free like all the other versions but those don't really say "Blutie!" to me when I look at 'em. (There's probably a free games filter in the eShop somewhere.)

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:43 pm

Ha, you had me at Tetris 99! But yeah, you're right, those other things definitely don't scream "me."

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:07 pm

Same, Celine. Same.

You could say I'm really digging Trails of Cold Steel 2. I was bored all day so I'm like 20ish hours in even though I just started Sunday.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:28 am

Alright, got my Switch! I sent requests to Del, Hunter, and Cool Virion due to FEH suggestions. And per an earlier conversation, I also had tons of suggestions for randos on both FEH and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (which I no longer play, but my account is still linked) so it's weird that you didn't have more suggestions, Del, unless you don't have a large friend list on there. Anyway, my code is SW-6794-7207-8789 for anyone else.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:59 pm

You guys are gonna make me turn my Switch on again, aren't you?

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:37 pm

I'll hit you guys up. I just bought the Season Pass for Smash so I've been going through the Persona content.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Hell yeah, rolling deep.

Thinking about buying the Switch version of Into The Breach while it's 50% off. Had my eye on the Steam version forever, but it feels like a kinda perfect Switch game 'cause of handheld mode and the touchscreen. I should also grab the Sega Ages version of Phantasy Star and I think I heard good things about World Next Door (also on Steam, but as above, I'm totes thinking about making my Switch the priority for a lotta indie things that are on both.)