CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Re: CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

Post by True Perception » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:47 am

On the train; was that...
Spoiler :
Yuffie?
Edit: And was that Kronk?

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:48 pm

I didn't notice spoiler, but I wasn't really paying attention to the NPC's. Still, they keep mentioning the war with
Spoiler :
Wutai
, so it might be.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:53 pm

Fuck. Darts. That random pull nonsense is ridiculously hard to adjust for, and requiring a perfect game to take first place is nuts. I can get bull's eyes fairly often, but not 6 in a row often. Plus, the stick isn't accurate enough to reliably counter the exact direction. A lot of times I end up just far enough off center that I screw up my run. Seriously, the number of times I land just against the wrong side of a ring is frustrating.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:57 pm

This is interesting because P5R has darts also. I'm... okay at it? I seem to have beginner's luck in that I can get 3 bulleyes in a row at first, and then I drop off. Sounds like the controls are different in FF7R, though.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:26 pm

You can get the cheevo in seven darts. I spent an hour and did it in six just out of sheer stubbornness. No extra cheevo, sadly.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 am

Yeah, I'm stubborn, but not that stubborn.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:07 pm

So I beat the main part of Persona 5 Royal, and now I'm on to the new content afterward. Man, I'm freaking loving it.
Spoiler :
I *love* having edgy Goro in my team, and he's also the navigator, so I get to hear Robbie Daymond's hot voice all the time and that makes battles so much more enjoyable.

And Maruki is in some scenes, so when they argue, it's like hearing Hubert and Ferdinand argue, heh.

Love the music for the new palace, too.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:01 pm

Just in case I ever do play through it, is there a non-spoiler recap of new content? I know there's a new playable character but that's about it.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:16 pm

This was my first Google result and I vetted it, and it's non-spoilery from my perspective. I will say, as far as art and UI changes, that I haven't really noticed those changes. I have noticed new voiced dialogue and dialogue changes in some older scenes, though. But... to me, most of the older parts of the game feels like same, minus the scenes with the new characters and their social links. So I will say that the first 80 hours or so won't feel *too* different, but you will have more options as far as spending your time, plus the new confidants. I love the Showtime attacks. Morgana's "let's go to bed" is mostly gone so it was easy to max social stats in time without following a guide. That said, I ended the main portion of the game with 2 links unfinished (older ones, though). Oh well.

Palaces have slight differences as well as their boss fights, too. Okumura's is worse... ugh, but I think the rest are improved.

Still loving the new part at the end right now, but the link I just post says the new content is about 30 hours, so I guess I'm nowhere near done. I did get the (new) bad ending on purpose earlier, though, just to see it, and that was definitely very interesting and rewarding in its own way.

Trophies are different, too. I think it's easier to platinum this than the original. But, to make up for it, the Thieves Den has its own in-game achievement system that is way harder than the trophies. Reminds me of Tokyo Mirage Session's in-game achievement system.

Thunderhead

Post by Thunderhead » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Is the mouse dungeon still a huge pain in the ass?

Just beat FF7R. Took about 45 hours, so don't be concerned about length. As for quality, this game is fucking amazing. It's not perfect, the battle system still needs work and some of the new stuff feels very filler-y, but overall this game is great. I'm really excited for part 2. Here's to hoping it doesn't take another five years.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:37 pm

45 hours? Not bad. I'm still only about 8 hours in.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:40 pm

Thunderhead wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:24 pm
Just beat FF7R. Took about 45 hours, so don't be concerned about length. As for quality, this game is fucking amazing. It's not perfect, the battle system still needs work and some of the new stuff feels very filler-y, but overall this game is great. I'm really excited for part 2. Here's to hoping it doesn't take another five years.
Heh, everyone's rolling credits somewhere around 40-45 hours and I'm over here somehow running almost twenty hours slower. (I walk more than I run, never sprint, and I take an assload of screenshots, so... maybe that's it? Oh, and I die a lot.) I wrapped at about 62 hours.

I think all I really want from the battle system going forward is more granularity in the difficulty modes. Easy/Classic are too easy, Normal is often too hard. Something in the middle would be ideal for me, or if Classic mode were divorced from difficulty entirely, something I could apply to Normal, that might be an interesting way to go in the next couple parts.

The quality really is amazing. If the next parts are at this level, and there's no raisin to worry they won't be right now, they'll be totally worth the wait. We should find ourselves on the other side looking back at this remake as one of the truly great trilogies (quadrologies?) in games.

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:30 pm

Notabohr's playing through it right now and it does seem pretty great. It's still a bit dizzying to think that we actually are, 20+ years later, seeing what these characters and places really look like.

That being said, as a person who's never minded waiting to play a game, I'm probably gonna wait at least until DLC or Chapter 2 are announced. I'm a little nervous about how long either will take.

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:31 pm

This was my first Google result and I vetted it, and it's non-spoilery from my perspective.
Thanks for that! Sounds like there's not much raisin to play the original version anymore.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Thunderhead wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:24 pm
Is the mouse dungeon still a huge pain in the ass?
Kinda, but I found it a little easier this time around, maybe because I've beaten the original twice? But there's also some cheese that you can find in certain rooms when you're transformed, and that made it easier for me since I used those as placemarkers to know which rooms I've already hit in that form. I feel like it went by faster.
DHerder222 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:31 pm
Thanks for that! Sounds like there's not much raisin to play the original version anymore.
Nope, absolutely none! I might finish tonight. 3 trophies away from platinum, too. One involves finishing this extra content, while the other 2 can be save-scummed. I got caught by the Reaper and beat him on the first try, too, so that took care of that without me having to hunt him down.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Platinum get! Warning: if you do play the remake, set aside at least 2 hours for the final boss and ending. It felt like it dragged on forever, but it was also worth it.

Installing the FF7R disc now, so that I can play that tomorrow.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Don't wanna think about how long it would take me to get that Royal plat. Not sure if I ever even got close with P5 vanilla either.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:18 pm

I think I mentioned before, but it's 1000 times easier to plat Royal. Instead of catching the Guardian, you just need to go to the fishing pond once. Instead of hitting 30 home runs, you just need to go to the batting cages once, etc. You can save scum most of that shit, too. The harder challenges are the in-game trophies in the Thieves Den, which I didn't bother with.

Also, I'm mad, because I was ONE day away from maxing every social link. I had the choice of doing that, or getting a party member's 3rd Persona form, so I went with the latter, since there's no trophy for maxing every link/completing the compendium this time (but I did leave a save file open to fulfill those requirements in the Thieves Den).

And I did start FF7R and I heard some Futaba in Jessie's voice. Turns out I was right!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:07 pm

An older, thirstier Futaba.