[Yakuza] Punch Detective Simulator 2018

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

[Yakuza] Punch Detective Simulator 2018

Post by Delthazar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Yakuza 0 runs like a dream on PC, no performance hitches anywhere on default settings and I'm not even hearing my fans spin up or anything. Maybe I can afford to bump the quality up a bit, though it already looks as good or better than the PS4 original.

It's even smart enough to see I'm using a dual shock and gives me Playstation button prompts instead of Xbox. I feel like I can count on one hand the Steam games which do that. Good game, nice port.

I suck at karaoke.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

Post by Delthazar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:03 am

The clown at the shrine, whom you shouldn't trust, seems to have all the DLC in the PC version, assuming that's what this all is. I don't remember what any of it does. Maybe one of 'em is the fish gun.

I don't think I saw much of the booze trivia at the bars during Beast in the East or Layfield's LP. Or any of the batting cage stuff, which I suck at more than the Persona 5 version. I can see myself losing hours to Yakuza 0 just playing pool and darts at Vincent. 100% the kinda bar I wish I could find locally.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:16 am

Sorry if I made karaoke look super easy. I guess when you put a couple hundred hours into Theatrhythm, it transfers over. It won't be hard for you to beat me at dancing though.

And yeah, I don't think I touched the batting cage on my LP. I also did all the booze drinking/trivia for completion points off-stream.

Bob Clown Man has the fish gun. Or at least the easiest one to get. You can make more at the Dragon & Tiger, I believe.

Darts and pool in Yakuza 0 are genuinely good games. Try the darts challenge dude at Vincent for some fun.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 pm

As cool as Yakuza 0 is, after seeing GB and JBL play through I don't know that I need any more. Also I'm terrrible at rhythym and quick-time events, so that kareoke looks like a nightmare.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:46 pm

So I said to myself I says, "I'll play some mahjong and shogi, how hard can it be," and I don't know if I've ever been more confused by a pair of minigames.

Anyway. The basic combat is a lot easier than it looks, and... weighty? Purposeful. It's feels exactly right, especially coming off Tales of Berseria, which often came across to me as kinda flighty and inconsequential and messy. Yakuza 0 in battle isn't without its little hiccups, but I always feel that's on me and not the game, I never get the sense here like in Berseria that the battle system is trying to do too much at once and getting knocked off track by targeting and pathfinding overcorrections or whatnot.
Falcon Critical wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 pm
As cool as Yakuza 0 is, after seeing GB and JBL play through I don't know that I need any more. Also I'm terrrible at rhythym and quick-time events, so that kareoke looks like a nightmare.
Heh, well if you've already had yer fill of Yakuza 0 but are still interested in that Yak, Kiwami is coming to Steam at some point and rumours were going around yesterday about Yakuza 6 PC, so it's just a matter of time.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Yakuza 0 talk, kind of, not really, but sort of: am I just old or are these old arcade games impossible bullshit? Space Harrier might be manageable, maybe, almost, but I feel like Outrun is just straight up busted. I very much doubt I'll hit the CP threshold for either.

also where are Hang On and Fantasy Zone, I haven't seen 'em in Kamurocho or Sotenbori so far, though I guess I'm only at Chapter 4.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Outrun is fucking garbage impossible. But then again, I never break. Space Harrier is fine. I'll never beat it, but I think I could get good at it if I just played it enough.

You need to unlock Super Hang On and Fantasy Zone by completing the sidequests/friendship meters with the staff at the Sega Clubs. Those sidequests are.... beating their high scores in Outrun and Space Harrier! Enjoy!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:08 pm

goddamnit they're really testing my endurance just so I can see if my warm fuzzy and extremely brief memories of playing Fantasy Zone on someone else's Master System at some random family gathering in like 1989 still hold up

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Getting those friendships maxed is also how you get the Sega Clubs for real estate and cabaret club, and there's CP for it too, so hey, at least it's three birds with one stone.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am

Heh, so I take it everything the fortune teller says is real and the blonde kid will be important a few games from now

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 am

Delthazar wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am
Heh, so I take it everything the fortune teller says is real and the blonde kid will be important a few games from now
Yeah. Big Blonde appears in
Spoiler :
Yakuza 2/Kiwami 2

I recognised that it would all be real when the taxi job came up, because of the Yakuza 5 Quick Look way back when.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:37 pm

There are some minor model replacement mods popping up for Yakuza 0 PC, like putting that clown in every scene, and folks have got save anywhere working by flipping a single 0 to a 1 in an .ini file. (Warning: saving during combat or combat-adjacent story sections could easily corrupt those saves.)

But what I'm really wondering is how long it'll take people to tweak some of the minigames. JCC in particular feels totally broken as-is and could really use mods to make the button-mashy stuff playable. I'd love new tiles for mahjong with numbers on 'em or something. I kinda also wanna see people swapping out the Gandhara videos. Or replacing the arcade ROMs. Or giving NPCs HD textures. Or...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 am

Gamespot not only plays a bit on lowest settings but also goes into the mesh files and works some dark mod business.

https://youtu.be/8bDcCh-z6SI

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 pm

John Layfield wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 pm
Getting those friendships maxed is also how you get the Sega Clubs for real estate and cabaret club, and there's CP for it too, so hey, at least it's three birds with one stone.
I managed to pull it off with Space Harrier somehow but Outrun is still driving me nuts. The funny part is now that I'm done with Space Harrier forever it kinda looks like I might actually be worse at Fantasy Zone. Figures.

I wonder how long I spent dragging my feet in Chapter 8 just so I could keep running cabaret.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:28 am

Delthazar wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 pm
I managed to pull it off with Space Harrier somehow but Outrun is still driving me nuts. The funny part is now that I'm done with Space Harrier forever it kinda looks like I might actually be worse at Fantasy Zone. Figures.

I wonder how long I spent dragging my feet in Chapter 8 just so I could keep running cabaret.
It's just so much more satisfying making 70 million in ten minutes of cabaret fun than a billion in 15 minutes of real estate time-wasting*.

*figures based roughly on what you make from each by the time everything is near maxed-out

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:41 pm

John Layfield wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:28 am
It's just so much more satisfying making 70 million in ten minutes of cabaret fun than a billion in 15 minutes of real estate time-wasting*.

*figures based roughly on what you make from each by the time everything is near maxed-out
I'd probably enjoy real estate a lot more if my security staff were at all competent. Running around putting out fires in the same back alleys every cycle because my guards couldn't handle a pack of delinquents on their own and the payouts stalled gets old kinda fast. Even the security dudes with multiple stars and no negatives seem to have problems.

...that said I've probably sunk about as much time into real estate as I did cabaret and will continue to do so. :pacdown

At least in the process of dealing with the Electronics King I somehow got good enough at Outrun to unlock Super Hang On. Crazy how much easier Hang On is than all the other arcade games. I'll probably never hit the CP high score for those three, but I got 5 million in one run of Hang On, no problem.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm

For some raisin the Gambling King was the one area that would consistently trigger a "collection interrupted" situation. It was a pain.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:29 pm

John Layfield wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:28 am
:pac

when you finish most/all of the real estate storyline in one chapter

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Those are some expensive ass sunflower doodles!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:31 am

Got this one dude rolling into Club Sunshine over and over asking specifically for Saki and won't accept anyone else, and I'm like, dude, Saki's busy, just chill and chat with Yuki or Ai, but he just gets pissy and leaves, usually seconds before Saki finishes up and becomes available again, so why not just show up early, ya big galoot

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:43 pm

How dare the entire establishment not revolve around him! Don't they know how rich and important he is! Every day he storms out swearing off the place, but Saki's got him hook-line-and-sinker so he's always back. Maybe he'll spend more money the next time he actually gets to talk to her, to try and VIP his way in.

John Layfield

Post by John Layfield » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Mega-Rich customers are the worst.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:50 pm

I really shouldn't have said anything

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Holy shit! Big Spenda!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Yakuza] Cabaret Club Simulator 1988

Post by Delthazar » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:52 pm

There's probably enough Yakuza stuff happening to roll a thread, so here it be.

Registration is open in Japan for that Yakuza gacha thing, 'cause everything must have its own gacha thing these days I guess, but whatever, if it comes west I'll play it since it has a PC version in addition to the usual iOS/Android. If only the same could be said of SMT DX2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x5z44YCW_E

More importantly I guess Kiwami 2 is out tomorrow and it sounds super rad. Still no date for the Steam version of Kiwami 1 other than "coming soon," so maybe I'll just throw 20 bones at the PS4 original and then maybe move into Kiwami 2 when I'm finished if the price is right.

That is, if I ever get around to solving the game tape on Yakuza 0. 140 hours and counting over here, almost literally the only thing I've played all through August.