[Pokemon] Black Sword vs. Bright Shield II

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

[Pokemon] Black Sword vs. Bright Shield II

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 am

Did we let the Pokemon thread die? I can't find it. Anyway, some Sword and Shield news happened and I just think the character designs for the humans are awful. The old lady is fine but the champion wearing a cape with shorts... Just... what? And I don't even know what that's supposed to be around Milo's neck.

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/ ... 1716516865

Also, I love that everyone is comparing the sword legendary dog to Koromaru:

https://twitter.com/sodapeche/status/11 ... 5544528896

The dogs don't look legendary to me, and why would a Pokemon need a human weapon to fight?

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Re: [Game News] + General Gamesy Chatter

Post by DHerder222 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:28 am

Yeah, Pokemon humans have been weirdly designed for awhile. What's with the rival's super-skinny pants?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Game News] + General Gamesy Chatter

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 am
Also, I love that everyone is comparing the sword legendary dog to Koromaru:

https://twitter.com/sodapeche/status/11 ... 5544528896
hell yeah dog-knife crew rolling deep

e: rolled this into a new thread 'cause why not

DHerder222

Re: [Pokemon] Black Sword vs. Bright Shield II

Post by DHerder222 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Ooh, a Pokemon thread. I like!

So a prediction question to get things going: Pokemon's coming up on 25 years old and (I think) nearly 1000 monsters. Nintendo will always make Pokemon games until the end of time. But do y'all think in another 25 years, they'll still be creating new monsters? Or will they put a cap on it somewhere?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:31 pm

Hard to say, but it already feels like almost everything has been done at this point.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:18 pm

I don't know that they'd ever say "okay no more ever", but I can certainly see them slowing down on the new Pokemon creation. Theoretically if there's a Pokemon world map, once they've been to every region that should be it.

I don't know that I'll ever see a Pokemon I love as much as Baashaun though.
https://pokemon-uranium.fandom.com/wiki/Baashaun
Baashaun love to fight and will always pick fights with other Pokémon, however, they seldom play fair. Trainers walking in their territory late at night may find themselves jumped by a whole herd of Baashaun. They often will appreciate being captured by a trainer because it gives them an excuse to battle.

It's a dark/fighting sheep that a complete arsehole.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:18 pm
I don't know that they'd ever say "okay no more ever", but I can certainly see them slowing down on the new Pokemon creation.
I'd love to see a future Pokemon try its hand at procedurally-generated Pokemon and evolutions. Like a Spore that works better, or No Man's Sky. Or go back in time and borrow a few tricks from Monster Rancher since that series is dead anyway.
Theoretically if there's a Pokemon world map, once they've been to every region that should be it.
https://youtu.be/g1Sq1Nr58hM?t=6

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm

I'd love if Nintendo finally allowed a world map to be revealed. I keep it filed under the "unlikely, but possible" heading.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 pm

Okay so arsehole sheep are great, but damn this new official sheep pokemon I wanna hug it!

It is Normal type and has skills 'Fluffy' and 'Run Away' :pac

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:18 am

Wooloo owns, I'm also pretty high on Corviknight

already tons of great fanart for both

https://twitter.com/d4ggerfish/status/1 ... 3524198400

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Oh fuck, that's adorable!

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:05 am

I'm a few weeks late, but I just heard the announcement that not every Pokemon is going to be transferable to Sword & Shield:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/28/19265 ... k-response

I'm only a moderate fan of the series so I'm not raging about this, but it does feel like a pretty big deal to me and could impact whether I pick the game up or not. I suppose it depends on how many monsters make the cut.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:31 am

It seems like people are getting buttmad about losing potential legacy transfer content and forgetting the Pokemon rosters Sword and Shield will have by default? Which already includes some older Pokemon, right?

anyone expecting all 800+ Pokemon in Sword/Shield were working themselves into a shoot, brother. (how many of those are people even gonna use, anyway?) this is a full-scale console Pokemon game built from the ground up; getting the whole series worth of Pokemon in there would delay this thing a year-plus or worse.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:28 pm

I basically try to use what's new anyway, so this doesn't bother me at all, and it'll make it easier to complete the 'dex. Plus, I don't even remember my Pokemon from my older games. Haven't touched them in years.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:37 pm

Delthazar wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:31 am
It seems like people are getting buttmad about losing potential legacy transfer content and forgetting the Pokemon rosters Sword and Shield will have by default? Which already includes some older Pokemon, right?

anyone expecting all 800+ Pokemon in Sword/Shield were working themselves into a shoot, brother. (how many of those are people even gonna use, anyway?) this is a full-scale console Pokemon game built from the ground up; getting the whole series worth of Pokemon in there would delay this thing a year-plus or worse.
I think at least some of those people just want their 6-15 fave older Pokemon anyway but it is simultaneously both more and less whiny to just say that.

Like I don't give a shit about Zubat or Voltorb or Sentret or about 600 others. But I'd like a Farfetch'd, Combee or Ribombee. uwu

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:41 pm

I wonder though how many of those 6-15 favourite older Pokemon could end up in Sword/Shield by default anyway, like, no one actually knows the full roster yet, right?

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:01 pm

I also wonder if they plan to gradually phase in more older Pokemon over time. Hell, they could probably even do DLC for older legendaries or something.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Pokemon SwSh is now less than a month away. I've determined that I will nickname my Pokemon after Fire Emblem characters because, you know. Going in mostly blind, though, so it's cool that there will be name raters in every Pokemon center in case I've misjudged or need time to pick a proper name.

Edit: I'm getting Shield, by the way. Apparently, some gym leaders are exclusive to versions this time around, and Shield has the weird ghost kid. The only version exclusive Pokemon I know of so far are older ones I don't care about, plus global trading kind of makes that a non-issue.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:39 pm

We're only a day or two out from launch depending on the exact timing of the unlock so... CF-POKÉ roll call!

Blutie: Shield
Me: Sword

I'm sure at least a couple more folks here will pick it up so sound off with versions and stuff and we'll get a little knitting circle going for trades or whatever assuming that all works as imagined/intended/y'all are Nintendo Online subscribers and therefore allowed to interact with us noble elites

e: brexit status: not brexit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJHWqdLufYw

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:40 pm

I took Friday off work so I should have a head start... assuming it doesn't arrive stupid late to my house.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:07 pm

huh, someone was on Giant Bomb's Pokemon show, weird

https://youtu.be/5437tpQ5wbU

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Was this a random battle thing or did you arrange to be on this show? Cool either way!

Also, I'm assuming you got an authentic Sinistea to evolve? I gave up...