Electronic Three Twenty Nineteen

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Re: Electronic Three Twenty Nineteen

Post by DHerder222 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Also, I like that Tifa is actually proportionate in this game, without looking like a different person.
Her model looks completely fine. If I hear anyone complain about them "shrinking" too much, I'll know to never take that person seriously.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Eh. They're about what I would've expected. Any larger would've looked ridiculous.

Edit: Ooh. I'm rewatching clips I missed, and I'm digging the art style in the new Samurai Shodown.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Sorry, but they no longer look like bowling balls with their own gravitational fields. Unsubscribe!

Also, was there any specific raisin they hired a cheesy used car salesman to present FFVII-R?

Also also, I hope not every boss fight is that chatty. I can see that getting really old, really quick.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 pm

My only complaint on Tifa is that they could have made her more buff, but I'm fine with how she turned out.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Big damn character renders, if you will

cloud is cloud, this version doesn't change much aside from making his hair a little less ridiculous.

we've covered our bases already with tifa but there's some neat little details added to her wristguards and stuff.

this barrett render might be the first time we've seen his FF7R version without shades. also jeez he's hairy now.

aeris I think is an underrated update. the new texturing on her jacket looks great, and I always thought her hair in the original looked very odd in that 90s early CG kinda way, so they nailed the styling here way better than I expected.

there are folks out there whining about aeris' face with the same misplaced energy other folks use to whine about Tifa's boobs but c'mon, she looks amazing. plus considering who she is it kinda makes sense to me that she'd have a slightly more distinctive look than yer average person in this world.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Wait, what's wrong with Aeris' face?

The textures on Barrett's face/hair/jacket look awesome too. But question, did he always have those scars under his right eye, or are those new?

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Wow, without his shades Barret looks really cool. He might be the most realistic-looking of anyone so far.
Wait, what's wrong with Aeris' face?
I haven't seen any complaints, but her eyes seem pretty big compared to rest of her face.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:50 pm

They don't look much bigger than Tifa's and they basically look like typical anime eyes to me.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Here is/was Nintendo's E3 Direct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-7s1PqgQEU

Animal Crossing: New Horizon slipped to March 2020, which is a little disappointing but not 100% surprising. New Zelda in development specifically called-out as a sequel to Breath of the Wild, if that means anything, I dunno. Link's Awakening will have a dungeon builder mode. Smash Ultimate is gaining Dragon Quest protagonists and Banjo Kazooie. Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina still look extremely anime in totally different ways. A true No More Heroes 3 exists.

but fuck all that because THEY FINALLY BROUGHT OVER SEIKEN DENSETSU 3 WITH AN ENGLISH TRANSLATION AND IT'S OUT TODAY HOLY SHIT. specifically it's the third game in a Mana collection along with the SNES Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Adventure. fuckin' yikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE9tcYSRFqI

...IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH we're also getting A FULL REMAKE OF SEIKEN DENSETSU 3 CALLED TRIALS OF MANA WHAT THE FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3cz1oCmQPU

so I might have to get a Switch earlier than I thought.

I like the old Mana games y'all.

anyway. the Witcher 3 leak was real. Resident Evil 5 and 6 are getting Switch ports. Konami can't decide if it's alive or dead, making a new Contra. A... Panzer Dragoon remake, simply called Panzer Dragoon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjCivsV8qwU

and that was about the size of it.

No SMTV means it's probably slipped out of 2019 even if we see it at TGS.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Giant Bomb @ Nite: Nite 1 is LIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBeBf52y3nQ

e:
Delthazar wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:46 pm
Konami can't decide if it's alive or dead
...wait what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOXlnZqPUuE

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Never played the old Mana games. Would they hold up in 2019 to someone without the nostalgia?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 pm

I think so, yeah. They're good, solid, no-nonsense action RPGs with some great 16-bit sprite style and super charming soundtracks. They're also optionally multiplayer. My sister and a friend and I played through the whole game that way when we were kids and it owned.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Oh, that vaguely reminded me I did play this multiplayer (as an adult) with an old potential date like 10 years ago. I don't remember much about it, but wasn't sexually into the guy when it was obvious that he was trying to get into my pants, so I think that tainted my experience.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 pm

oof, that sucks. If that taint (heh) remains maybe Seiken Densetsu 3 is a better recommendation then, either in this new Mana collection for when you get a Switch, or as a fan-translated SNES ROM, which have existed forever.

it does a lot of what Secret of Mana did but blows it all up like 1000%. also, if yer interested in Octopath Traveler at all, SD3 was doing some of that Octopath multiple character perspective stuff like 25 years earlier.

(or check out the remake next year when you definitely will have a Switch.)

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:15 pm

Polygon has even bigger versions of those FF7R renders and their own fashion takes over here.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/11/18 ... comparison
Bier_Engel wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:14 pm
The textures on Barrett's face/hair/jacket look awesome too. But question, did he always have those scars under his right eye, or are those new?
definitely new, unless he had 'em in Advent Children. we can maybe assume he got 'em during the Corel backstory stuff when he lost his arm.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:20 pm

as far as steelbooks go, this is a good one

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/stat ... 9919578112

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:54 pm

Banjo-Kazooie is a very obvious and cool choice for Smash Brothers. I'm glad it was able to happen.

Now they just need to work on Geno...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Barret has always had the scars, you can kinda see them in this OG art:

Also in Advent Children:

I remembered the scars when I saw them, but yeah they weren't super prominent before. I believe they were on the SD character model itself too, but I can't seem to find a good screenshot

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 am

Delthazar wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 pm
oof, that sucks. If that taint (heh) remains maybe Seiken Densetsu 3 is a better recommendation then, either in this new Mana collection for when you get a Switch, or as a fan-translated SNES ROM, which have existed forever.

it does a lot of what Secret of Mana did but blows it all up like 1000%. also, if yer interested in Octopath Traveler at all, SD3 was doing some of that Octopath multiple character perspective stuff like 25 years earlier.

(or check out the remake next year when you definitely will have a Switch.)
I'll at least look at the trailers next time my backlog isn't ridiculous, thanks! And yeah, was definitely interested in Octopath Traveler.

Hmm, yeah I guess I never noticed the scars since they weren't super obvious before.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Nite 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8256pbID9g

I could listen to Jeff Gerstmann and Phil Spencer talk about Phantasy Star forever

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:22 pm

https://twitter.com/PlayMaple2/status/1 ... 7533655041

kinda thinking I should jump back into MS2

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:19 pm

enhance

Enhance.

Enhance!

ENHANCE

brb falling into tifa's eyes

I think this is the most face detail I've seen outside one of the recent Yakuza games and those are literally rendering their voice actor's faces based on full scan data.

is this the first time I've seen a game model the tiny nearly invisible hairs on someone's nose? yeah probably

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 pm

I didn't notice the hairs until after you pointed them out, but I did notice everyone's pores. I don't think I've ever noticed anyone's pores in a game before.

So yeah, the most realistic models I've seen personally.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 pm

That's some next level CG, the fine hairs were especially surprising.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Nite 3: The Final Nite. This is when The Autocorrect Trio, the Waypoint crew, and Xavier and possibly his wrestling friends are all likely to show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMrPS3k30c