CF-WRUP V: Good play. Nice talk.

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Re: CF-WRUP IV: play stuff, talk about it.

Post by John Layfield » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:17 am

According to a hasty Youtube cut, I got it first try so yeah, learn from the master!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:23 am

Thor watched for a bit and tried to chat but got some kinda error. I think he wanted you to know that something something Slade, something something #TeamGarr4Lyfe, I'm not sure.

'avin' a giggle at the idea of him not realizing which is the chat box and which is the whisper box and using the wrong text field or something. I can't remember if the full chat is even expanded by default.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:25 am

Whisper box? What's that?

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:44 am

It's like a cum box, but grosser.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:24 am

FF 12 The Zodiac Age comes out on PC in a couple of days. There's a 'day-one special edition', but you can't pre-order. Basically you have 5 days after the release date to get the swag version, which is a weird way to do that.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:23 pm

They still haven't put up a price either. But the 5-day day-1 edition (jeez) also carries with it a 20% discount. Heh, okay. So it still might end up costing less than the PS4 version I guess. For those five days, anyway.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 pm

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:37 pm

I started playing Dissidia Final Fantasy on the PS4 today. It's...fine, and fun, but the consensus seems to be (and I agree) that the gameplay seems needlessly convoluted. I guess they wanted to have some elements they could point to that were unique, but they probably weren't really needed and can bog down the match a little.

Still, the characters and especially stages are quite badass. :awesome

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:51 pm

I've only played the original Dissidia. Is this new one worth bothering with for someone who doesn't care about recent FF games?

Still playing FE Sacred Stones. Man, the amount of reinforcements in chapter 15 is crazy. And there's no break between that and the previous chapter to restock on items :/

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 pm

I'd say...maybe. It plays the nostalgia angle very well with nice arrangements of previous songs and such. My guess is your enjoyment of the game will depend rather heavily on how many entries you've played in the series.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:05 am

Pretty much all of the older ones. Didn't like anything after 10, though. To be fair, I haven't tried 14 or 15, but one of those is an MMO so that's not ever going to happen. I'm on the fence about trying 15 since some of my online friends seem to really like it, but I've just been so disappointed by every other later entry.

DHerder222

Post by DHerder222 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:48 am

I think you should give 15 a shot. It's been continuously updated since it was released in late 2016 and some of the biggest criticisms when it came out have been fixed or at least toned down. As a guy who liked 10 and really disliked 12 and 13, I liked 15 enough to finish the story and do most of the sidequests.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:17 am

Hmm. I liked both 10 and 12, for different raisins, but I did not like 13. I haven't gotten into 15 yet, but I'll try again eventually.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:50 pm

For those of you not on John's Discord, I'm playing the Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology demo, on my 3DS.

Got up to the first split in the timeline before putting it down for the night. I'm definitely grabbing this game. It's just a question of when.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Did you play the original? I'm skipping the remake since I played the original recently enough.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm

I did not. I watched Layfield play a little bit of it.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:38 pm

We were at the mall earlier since my bf needed pants and I ended up swinging by Gamestop. Got Tales of Berseria new for $20, which is odd, because it's newer than Zesteria and I got that one *used* at Gamestop for $25. So yeah, gonna crack into that later tonight. I still need to finish my Fire Emblem run that I'm near the end of, though...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Huh, that's extremely cheap and I wonder why. The Steam version rarely drops below $40 even during sales.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Weird. Maybe it was a mistake? Glad I picked it up, then.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Played for about 3 hours tonight. I'm really liking it, though the battle system is different enough that I'm not sure I'm with it yet.

Pros: Starts off innocent enough that you know the main character went through some shit, but was human/pure before. She changes in a huge way, but it makes sense.

I love having a female main character that is a fucking badass, btw. Her outfit is still ridiculous, but now I at least know the context. Can't wait for the option to change it, though.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:04 pm

I'm seeing some cool alternate costumes on Google, one in particular I think you'll really like, but Tales being Tales who knows how long it'll take to get 'em or how many hoops they'll want you jump through for the unlock. I certainly remember some of the costumes in Vesperia like Rita's badass goth clothes being tied to really difficult or time-consuming sidequests or achievements, but maybe that's changed. (Could be DLC, too.)

Weak protagonists is always an issue I've had with these games but if Velvet is as cool as Yuri in addition to being the series' first leading woman that's super cool and totally makes me wanna play it more.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:30 pm

Oh man, I loved Yuri. Again, haven't played this for more than 3 hours yet, but she may be on par with Yuri. She's already killed people in her intro.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:03 pm

Ah, the good old days when JRPGs could still afford Troy Baker.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:52 pm

So yeah, got to play a lot more today. Definitely worth getting. I already like it more than Zesteria, even though it takes longer to get a full party and I don't like the initial party members as much. Gameplay and story are just better.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Heh, Berseria is $65 CDN on Steam and $80 on PSN. So obviously I need to be pulling a Blu and checking out actual stores more often if physical copies are all the way down to $20 at retail.

I bought my sister the Secret of Mana remake for her birthday so if it's as unfortunately uneven as the reviews suggest I guess I'll find out soon. I think I'll also jump into Europa Universalis IV while it's 75% off.