[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:03 pm

Accepted you earlier! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Not sure how I feel about the whole tap battle thing. I'm doing them for the initial map clear rewards, but I can't imagine ever doing them for fun.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:59 pm

It's nice that you get the rewards for doing it on basic difficulty, I tried a couple of the master mode variations and it's a lot harder.

What is the purpose of [Send Home]?

Also Lyn has a skill called 'Sacae's Blessing', which says "if foe has sword/axe/lance they cannot counterattack" - isn't that pointless since she is a bow user so they can't counterattack anyway due to range? I guess it would counter Fjorm's 'counterattack from any range', but is that common?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Send Home gives you hero feathers (and clears space in your limited barracks). I just send home 3-star units that I don't want to promote because 3-star units are generally useless for skill inheritance. I keep the 3-star units that I get from the Grand Hero battles, though, as I generally can't do the higher difficulties and promoting them would be the only way for me to use them. You probably won't use this feature much since you're new and are in no danger of running out of space yet.

A few units are like Fjorm and can counterattack from any range, as you mentioned. Due to skill inheritance, other units that normally wouldn't learn such a skill naturally could still have one like that.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Send Home just boots folks you might not want. I think you get some feathers in the exchange, but normally it's probably better to hang onto unwanted units so later on you can feed them to units you actually like via Inherit Skill. Assuming the unwanted unit even has skills you'd want on someone else.

I can't remember if Sacae's Blessing works in other circumstances but I suppose Fjorm would be a good example. If I remember correctly, Fjorm's counterattack skill isn't unique to her, so it is possible Sacae's Blessing will save you from that from other units in the wild, especially in the Arena modes, where a good number of players will be fielding units with completely overhauled skillsets from inheritance and whatnot.

e: what Bluti said.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:10 pm

There are some good resources out there if you wanna get into the weeds regarding builds and such.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

I'm never sure how subjective their tier chart is, and outside the Arenas and the more advanced challenge modes it probably doesn't really matter who you use as long as you're not punching too far above your weight level-wise, so don't feel too bad if your best bae isn't necessarily an S-rank playa.

Also keep in mind that IV (Individual Values, or Individual Variance, or some fuckin' thing - it's the completely invisible mechanic the game uses to calculate stat drift upon summoning so that two copies of the same hero won't always be identical) is the most min-max-y bullshit and almost certainly won't matter unless you absolutely positively must optimize your way into the upper 0.1% of the playerbase. So when builds on wikis classify themselves by particular IVs, it's probably safe to ignore it and just use whatever build sounds good to you, whether your bae is "-ATK/+SPD" or not.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:10 pm

Haha fair enough. I read into the IV stuff a bit, but it looks like interesting builds with skill inheritance are more important than +/- on a couple stats.

Next question, I hear people talking about going 4 star +10, how does this compare to going up to 5 star, and what does the +10 part mean? Is that a weapon thing?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:15 pm

+10 means they've merged a bunch of copies of the same unit at the same quality level, which basically equals an extra level-up past the level cap of 40. So a LV. 40+10 unit is ostensibly LV. 50.

I dunno how a 4* unit with that many merges would compare to a 5* version, though. Even with all those plusses, they'd still be missing 5* skills, which sometimes includes a 5* weapon. But merging 4* duplicates will at least help a bit as you bootstrap yourself towards the feathers you'll need to promote that unit to a 5*.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Here's another resource, dunno if it's any better or worse than the first one.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Off of heroes for sec, I'm pissed because I got to the final floor of the Tower of Valni in Sacred Stones and lost a good unit right near the end, so I had to quit. That's at least 2 hours of progress gone, as you can't save between floors. I was trying to level up my healers so I could promote them at level 20 instead of early.

Granted, it was a learning experience. I kept running out of weapons, so now I know to bring a bunch of iron weapons for the first 7 floors (all you really need since they're lower level) and save my good stuff for later. Now at least all the weapons I wasted are back *¯\_(ツ)_/¯*

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Just got a 4 star Shanna (+DEF/-RES lol) and tapped on her to make her talk and was like "I know that voice..." looked down and it's Marisha Ray! :pac

The five stars I have at this point are Brave Lyn (beginner choice), Tharja (unlocked), Sigurd, and Nephenee. I'm using all of them in various teams because 5 stars.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:05 am

The ending to Tap Battle was cute as hell.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:00 am

I didn't know beginners got a free choice, but that's cool. Must be tough catching up to the people who have been playing this whole year that have probably 50+ 5-star units by now.

I haven't gotten to the end of tap battle yet. I think I got to floor 80 or so and it said I had to wait 7 hours for the next map to unlock.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:31 am

Tharja's pretty solid at 5*. I've yet to pull a Nephanee.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 am

Oof, I've been sleepin' on these new special training maps, so I missed out on some orbs from the first one. Oh well. They're maybe not quite as effective as the Warriors maps for power leveling, but definitely nice to have.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:01 pm

I just noticed today that there is a quest to complete 20 tap battles, so I went back and started going for S rank on some of the ones I hadn't already. Someone on reddit found that once you've beat the last level (95-100) you can complete the first level without tapping at all, there are fewer enemies than you have hearts. Sot the quest for 3 orbs is basically just a time cost.

Also you should try the last level on hard mode, it's insane.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Got the Valentine's Day Lilina today. Finally, a green tome user on a horse that isn't a stupid unwanted 3 or 4-star Cecelia. (All my attempts for Gunnthra failed and I think those are the only 3). I put her on a team with Siegbert, since I got him a while ago but never had a chance to level him. Unfortunately, all of my other unleveled 5-star units were also red sword users, so I put my 4-star L'Arachel and Sothe on the team to round it out. I think I'm going to promote those two since I heard they were great units. Plus, I'm leveling L'Arachel in Sacred Stones right now, and I hear she's amazing after promoting from Troubadour.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Heh, I keep forgetting about the V-Day banner. And here I've been stockpiling orbs for the next one thinking the current one was over. Up to 90+ now.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 pm

I feel like these units seem worth it. Roy is the second bow unit on a horse after Lyn, Lilina is a rare green tome unit on a horse (again, Cecilia is trash and Gunnthra is rare), this new Lyn seems like a decent blue mage (I think she may be armored even though she doesn't look like it?) and well, Hector is another green axe Hector, but I don't have the original.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Hmm, yeah, blue tome Lyn is armoured. I should try to pull her and team her with Christmas Tharja as the ranged tanks in a big armour buff team, since I think that Tharja has Spur Armour or whatever it's called.

It would be pretty funny if that Lyn is also a crazy counterattack machine.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:37 am

My starter draw luck was pretty typical for me, the 5 star focus rate was up to 7.5% before I drew a second Nephenee.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Dumped all those orbs into the V-Day banner and the best I got was a 4* L'Arachel

story of my liff

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:02 am

I got her out of that too. She seems worth promoting, at least.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Yeah. I wonder if she's good enough to match Reinhardt.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:05 pm

I got 5-star Ninian out of my free draw on the Tempest Trials draw, was very surprised! She's +HP/-ATK but as a dragon/dancer probably still worth my time.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:13 am

Delthazar wrote:Yeah. I wonder if she's good enough to match Reinhardt.
My Reinhardt honestly felt underwhelming. Granted, I still need to fill all his skill slots with inherited skills. But on his own, he wasn't kicking as much ass as I expected, and he's really easy to one-shot.

L'Arachel, Seigbert, and Love Abounds Lilina all have skills that boost certain stats, on the condition that no more than two units on the team are cavalry. Well, shit, all 3 of them are cavalry, and I have them on a team together. Going to have to swap one of them out.

Ninian is definitely worth it. She'll be dancing more often than not, so the minus attack won't matter too much. That said, dancers are hard to level for that raisin.