[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Nintendo Got Thirsty

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:35 am

Yeah still Shadow!Celica, switched to her after Pure!Celica lost. Is it your headline unit that shows up in battle when you randomly appear in someone else's team? I've been using Kagero as my deployed unit but I guess my S!Celica is the one appearing on other teams.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:11 pm

I'm really not sure how that works... I just hope the people who get my units don't hate me XD

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Well if it's your Nowi she's very strong, certainly not one I would be disappointed with. The hardest ones for me was one time I had 3 green against 2 red and an archer.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Nowi is my first unit in my team 1, and also my summoner support, so that makes sense. How can you tell who the other characters belong to? (I have like max friends so if there is no actual way, that's my problem).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Yeah, other than memorizing which person's unit has which skills I don't think there's really a way to identify a specific friend's unit.

I tend to cycle my headliners when I get a cool new pull, so right now it's Mia and a few days ago it was V-Day Lyn. Mia is extremely strong and a killing machine with Vantage.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:46 pm

I want Mia (and Ayra) but it's another issue of already having too many red characters. Right now, there's the banner with Zelgius and regular Celica, both of which I want, but I already have level 1 5-star red characters that I'm ignoring because I have no one to level them up with, so pulling for 2 more red units doesn't make sense right now. Debated pulling for the other Love Abounds units but with the next Choose Your Legends banner coming, I decided to skip it.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:55 pm

The one unit I really kind of want right now is Witch!Nowi, mostly because I'm a sucker for the stereotypical witch trappings, and having her on a broom as a flying unit is fun. Also gaining her or another flying mage would make a flying team more viable.

I have vantage on Kagero, but I really want close counter to combo with it. Once she has those two together she will be a real pain to deal with. Currently only Pure!Takumi and Winter!Tharja have it, and only at 5 stars. I guess actually I could start pulling grey on the Shadow in the Mirror draw to get a Takumi to vore.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:05 am

I wanted her too. I wanted all of the Halloween one, actually, but I seem to have bad luck with holiday units. I only got Sakura when I tried for all 4 many times. I got zero Christmas units, zero spring units, only 1 summer unit when it was new (Xander came back later and I got him twice when going for someone else...) etc.

A new Chrom and both male and female Morgan are coming soon, so that's cool that they're adding more child units. Gerome will be a tempest trial reward.

And yay, team Grima!Robin!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:22 am

Yeah a good win for Robin. I'm not sure what the effect is of whomever wins the voting gauntlet, but it was fun to take part in.

I'm not sure I want any either morgan or new chrom, but it was pointed out that F!Morgan is the first flying mage that's not a seasonal character.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:39 pm

FEH 2.3.0 is up now or soon and includes new refinable weapons (hopefully one for Mia in there) and... Rival Domains? Blessed Gardens? I dunno what those are yet.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:41 pm

I've been fooling around with both of those.

Rival Domains are basically giant-ass classic Fire Emblem maps where you try and beat a high score based on units defeated, bases captured, etc. You can use friend's lead units in these, which is fun. Enjoy my level 40 4-star Virion, fuckers.

Blessed Gardens are essentially just gated battles, based on your elemental blessing.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:Yeah a good win for Robin. I'm not sure what the effect is of whomever wins the voting gauntlet, but it was fun to take part in.

I'm not sure I want any either morgan or new chrom, but it was pointed out that F!Morgan is the first flying mage that's not a seasonal character.
The winner of each round just gets 500 extra hero feathers, so it's more for fun than anything. Be sure to check the voting gauntlet page to get your rewards, if you haven't already.

I didn't realize that F!Morgan was a flyer, so I'm super interested now.

Just forced the update (which is weird, usually it prompts me when I start the game) so I haven't had the chance to try any of the new stuff yet. Brb...

Edit: Alright, the fortress battles are cool. Took me a few tries to realize I needed to attack the flat-looking center of the enemy base that isn't the fortress to claim it, as it just looked like a normal tile. Also sucks that units are deployed in order. On my first try, I did 5 of each color in a row, so I only had blue and red units in battle (still won, since it was the level 30 one) so I had to reconfigure that quite a bit. Still have the 2 hardest difficulties to do but it's weekly.

Blessed Gardens... loving the 5 orb rewards. Did water and wind tonight. Sucks that giving a hero already with a blessing a different type of blessing means that it just goes poof, rather than back in your inventory (did a test of that) so my best teams are locked into water for now... Made a good wind team, but I have to plan the other 2 elements more accordingly.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:46 am

I'm apparently at an impasse right now, when I load the game it says "there is an update available", which links me to the app store which says "nope, everything's fine! open the game!" and yeah the cycle repeats.

Someone in app store is whining about delay on updates for NZ, so I guess that's what is going on even though I live in the future.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:45 am

Bier_Engel wrote:Blessed Gardens... loving the 5 orb rewards. Did water and wind tonight. Sucks that giving a hero already with a blessing a different type of blessing means that it just goes poof, rather than back in your inventory (did a test of that) so my best teams are locked into water for now... Made a good wind team, but I have to plan the other 2 elements more accordingly.
At least each garden gives you enough blessings for the next one (and the final one gives enough for the first one), so everyone can get through, for the most part, even if they have to drop blessings.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:00 am

Yeah, I just feel like I need to choose more wisely from now on so that I don't pick units that don't work well together, and so that I have enough if I need to swap a unit that isn't working for a particular map.

Also, my free summon was trash as usual, but I pulled a female Morgan right after. I kind of can't believe my luck lately. While I'm sure the other Morgan and the new Chrom are great, I don't need more red right now, so I'm done for now.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:42 pm

Finally got the update. I had already been planning out elemental teams, so this is kinda a great mode for me. My water team of Fjorm/Kagero/Soleil/Ninian cleared the first garden without much problem.

I feel like my Wind/Cavalry team is stronger overall, so the second garden should be fine too (Gunnthra/Sigurd/Brave Lyn/Priscilla).

My earth team though is waiting on Ike and Nowi so quite a way off, and my fire team currently is just Celica/Camilla.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Hmm... I think I've only used one blessing since that mechanic was added, so I'll have to take a moment to think about team comps and how I wanna distribute my stockpile.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Yikes, what is this team? :shibe

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:59 pm

ARROWS UP THE ASS, MOTHERFUCKER!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:53 am

Kinda funny though that two of the Lyns and the Klien had the same DEF so all got Gunnthra debuffed. It was still tough.

I tried one of the chain challenges, it's kind of the fastest way to see how shallow your deck is!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:14 pm

I thought this comic was pretty cute, hidden in a spoiler tag cos it's pretty large.
Spoiler :

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 pm

I can't get enough points in the Infernal difficulty of the fortress map to beat it. Then again, the prize isn't exactly super amazing and I can get divine dew by refining lower weapons, but still...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:00 am

Blew about half of my orbs trying to get Hector, who's been available since the beginning of the game and I still don't have. Same with regular Ike, who was my back-up pull when there was no green in the banner, which was most of the time. Gonna try my luck again some other time...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:41 am

A shame trading isn't a thing. I'm pretty sure I have an old Hector I never use. :pac

Flarecake
Never Stops Winning Too Much, Again / CF-NHL Technical Champion 2016

Post by Flarecake » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am

I played Heroes back when it first came out and then stopped. Is it worth getting back into?