[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] We Like Ike

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm

But yeah the Serra Moon thing is really taking off over on reddit. People have been talking about Tuxedo Marth and they're starting to put together Serra Scout builds.

I do like thematic teams, currently playing with a Castlevania style theme with H!Henry, Valter, Julius, and then another armour piece like Black Knight or Effie. Effie's art in the game does remind me of Castlevania.

Totally open to suggestions/ideas.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:She may become playable, she may get burned alive, it may be both (@Gunnthra). Perhaps she is forever changed by the experience and becomes a Legendary Fire leader.
That would make sense, actually. We already have 2 Earth and Wind legendaries now, one of the latter being Gunnthra, and Fjorm is water, so that leaves fire to balance it out. That said, they mentioned a brother, so maybe the brother will be the 2nd fire and the new girl will be water, since she looks and dresses just like Fjorm.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Thu May 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Wait! People aren't losing level ups when they die. When did this happen?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu May 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Latest update added that.

You can also turn off the enemy phase music now which is a totally minor thing I kinda love for the 1 times in 100 I actually have my sound on for phone games.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Thu May 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Cool. That was always annoying for certain characters who just couldn't manage to stay alive.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri May 11, 2018 3:18 am

Yeah it lets you rush in and grab SP without worrying finding yourself out of position and losing that sweet progress.

I got up to 9 orbs so I pulled on the new banner again... no blue at all with 4.5% draw rate. Pulled red as my backup colour and got Katarina as a pity breaker. Not sure what I'll do with her, but I think I'm done for this banner.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri May 11, 2018 4:16 am

I like Katarina, though I haven't used mine in a while.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat May 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Having fun using some lesser used/forgotten units and gaining their double SP to fill in all their empty skill slots. So far I've gotten quite a few units completed and more usable. Ayra kicks some major ass. Getting those weapon refinements too.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat May 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Katarina is pretty good and mine is one of my few +1s, but she rarely sees any use for no real raisin. I guess she kinda gets lost in a sea full of mages.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat May 12, 2018 6:41 pm

I think that's the only real issue. There's so many red mages in particular. Looking at the tier list, regular Tharja is above her and has been around longer (so probably more common) and then there's the special units like Christmas Tharja and Halloween Nowi that beat her on the tier list. And then she shares a tier with 4 others. Yeah, sadly forgettable.

Also, shit, regular Lilina is S rank now? I need to promote mine...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat May 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Heh, Vanilla Tharja just got easier to summon in one of the recent big updates too, while I don't think Katarina has a 3* version yet.

At least Kat's tome can be refined.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat May 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Katarina is still 5 star only I think.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat May 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Katarina is indeed 5 star only still. Red is still one of my weaker tome colours, so I've started using her. I like the 'flock of birds' owl tome animation.

Red Mages: H!Nowi, Arvis, (Katarina)
Blue Mages: Ursula, Tailtiu
Green Mages: S!Sharena, Rhajat, Gunnthra, Inigo, H!Henry, Nino

Actually I'm just stacked on green mages. I feel like Nino, Tailtiu, and Inigo are the weakest of my mages, Kat is still in progress. Man I really could use Ishtar... :pacdown

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue May 15, 2018 12:41 pm

I was feeling lucky so I did a single draw on the Ishtar banner. Three blue orbs. Suddenly I have Fallen!Hardin !

He's so vampire looking he pushed Effie out of my Castlevania team, which also makes it my first all boy squad (F!Hardin, H!Henry, Valter, Julius)

I still have no idea what to do with L!Ike's team, I feel like he's so good I should do something with him, but building a mixed movement team who also have mixed defenses and damage types is real tough. I also have Nephenee who's not really on a team and is great so she slots in, but that means I need a mage on horse/armour/pegasi and probably some kind of green unit. Ike self-heals and Nephenee gets stronger at lower health, so probably not a healer...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Oh nice! He's great, and I didn't realize the fallen characters would be available outside of that banner.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 pm

You guys put way more thought into it than I do.

I was just thinking I need to use Fjorm more, though...

What are some good strategic build strategies to set up? I haven't done any of that. I typically just aim for a balance of sword/spear/axe/other.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue May 15, 2018 5:53 pm

My first suggestion is to find a mage you like, and put a melee weapon-breaker ability into their B slot. A lot of melee units try to survive magic by having high speed, and the breaker skill means you always double them, which finishes most units off.

I really want Ayra suddenly, maybe related to the Serra Moon thing.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 15, 2018 6:52 pm

TP: Definitely use Fjorm more. And don't forget, if you're leveling people with her, to give them water blessings for double SP.

I never think too much about strategy, oddly enough, which is probably why I can never beat the infernal GHBs. I usually just wing it with a red/blue/green/colorless unit. Then sometimes I'm like, "shit, I need a tank! Everyone is ranged and I can't pull!" Or "shit, I need someone ranged!" and adjust on the fly.

FC: Ayra is great! Sorry you just missed her comeback banner. But I think you can get her at any time technically.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Wait, was there an Ayra banner recently and I spaced out? Dang it!

I got Corrin on the free pull from this new banner, though he doesn't seem to have anything interesting so I guess he's a benchwarmer.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Yeah, I got her like 2 weeks ago on it. I don't even remember the theme or who else was in it, since I only needed her and got her easily somehow.

Yay for a good free pull, but yeah, he's pretty meh. The point of this one is the new weapon refinements for those characters, but I don't have enough SP on mine (or my Camilla) to see if it's really that great. Was going to go for Claire as a free pull only but there weren't any blues. I don't feel like I need her, though, so no orbs wasted. I have 65 now waiting for the next legendary and special banners.

An amusing thing happened to me earlier: I was doing arenas, and one of the teams I fought was the exact same team as mine. I didn't look at their skills or anything, but the units were all the same and that's the first time that's ever happened to me. (My armor march team of Amelia, Black Knight, M!Grima and Hardin).

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed May 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Ooh an all melee but mostly distant counter armour team. Very nice!

Camilla's axe is kind of interesting, but the slaying axe I have on Camilla is working pretty well already.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed May 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Yeah, I want to give Amelia DC as well, but I don't want to sacrifice anyone I have for it... but the all melee thing is interesting now that you pointed it out, since I didn't even realize that. I also literally don't have any of the special armored units with magic or bows (like the Christmas/Halloween/Valentine ones) so I guess that's just how it worked out. I have the armored boots seal on Grima and I just position everyone else (when needed) around Amelia in the beginning for the boost, and go from there.

And honestly, the team works great. This is the first month that I completed ALL of the "10th stratum with only x team" quests and I've been playing since day one. Mostly, it's been due to lack of perseverance, but now I finally have a decent all flier/armored/cavalry team, respectfully. (Infantry and the "just beat 15 times in general" I was able to do before, though). But yeah, gotta say that this armored team was the easiest to breeze through that quest with. Works well in arena too (Amelia is a bonus character this season so I'm just running with it).

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 pm

I looked into DC and it only comes on Hector variations. Most DC units have it built into their weapons. I found with my dragon emblem team ranged units would always attack Ninian when they could, since she was the only one without DC. I imagine you're getting similar results with Amelia, when I realised I rebuilt Ninian to be more ranged defense focused.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu May 17, 2018 7:54 pm

phpBB [video]

I'm in for Weird Goth Bride Tharja at least, the other two, ehh, whatever, some of their skills look like good inheritance choices if they can be inherited

...Sanaki doesn't look old enough to be any kind of bride what is this Game of Thrones boom got 'em

Groom Marth relegated to Tempest.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 pm

You aren't the first to mention Sanaki's age. Not sure either, but also not impressed with regular Sanaki, so meh. I actually do want Ninian, though, since I don't have a flying unit that can dance yet (missed out on those alt Azuras). And yeah, I totes want Tharja for the outfit alone.