Electronic Three Twenty Eighteen

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Electronic Three Twenty Eighteen

Post by Thunderhead » Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 pm

So, there's been some E3 leaks. Dunno how reliable it is, but there were some interesting titles dropped.
Spoiler :
Fallout: Nuevo El Pso
Morrowind HD
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Ethereal Crystal
Diablo 4

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Game News] + Upcoming + General Games Chat

Post by Delthazar » Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 pm

I could see all of those being possible, but the first one might be too early (plus that subtitle feels odd) and the last one isn't something I'd expect to see revealed at E3 - but since Blizzcon is way off in November, who knows? Maybe they don't wanna wait.

That second one is probably the most likely. The third is a little leftfield but it would make a good smaller release to fill time if FF7-R is going to take forever. It would make a great Switch game.

We're close enough to E3 and there's been enough leaks it may as well be a new thread so here comes the split.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: Electronic Three Twenty Eighteen

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri May 18, 2018 4:14 am

Should be an interesting E3 for sure.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 18, 2018 4:35 pm

There are also rumours floating around about "World of Warcraft PS4 Edition" and "Overwatch Talon's Fury" which sound fake as hell. I wouldn't hold yer breath for anything Blizzard at E3 unless it's a specific partnership reveal at Sony or Microsoft's events, or possibly a separate Activision thing, but I can't even remember the last time Activision bothered with press conferences.

But yeah, Blizzard coming out of nowhere to drop big infodumps about at least three of their biggest franchises probably won't ever happen, least of all outside Blizzcon.

I thought I read something somewhere about Sony scaling down their presser stuff this year and maybe doing something closer to Nintendo's Directs on the side. I don't know if that boosts or reduces the chances of weird rumours coming true.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Fri May 18, 2018 5:27 pm

I imagine Last of Us 2 is almost certain to be there, in some form. I wouldn't be surprised to see DLC announced for Dad of War or Horizon.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri May 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Zero Dawn is done, Frozen Wilds was the only planned DLC, hence the Complete edition. Any new Horizon stuff at E3 would be a sequel. It's probably way too soon for that. More likely a 2019 reveal at the earliest, but who knows, it's not like Guerrilla is suddenly gonna go back to making Killzone again in the interim. Maybe they'll pull the ol' title card/voiceline/"now in development" teaser.

But the turnaround for anything the size of Horizon isn't gonna be just one year, or way less than that actually considering Frozen Wilds launched in November.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Fri May 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Oh, yeah. I haven't played Horizon yet, so I completely forgot about Frozen Wilds.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue May 29, 2018 11:54 am

This could very easily be fake, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A mix of stuff you'd expect to see following their last Direct and some reasonably believable new announcements, but also Switch versions of Fallout 3 Anniversary (itself a likely explanation of today's Bethesda teases) and Fortnite. I imagine a Switch version of Fortnite would probably work pretty well.

"Fire Emblem Memories" would probably be FE16 as announced in January 2017's Direct and kept quiet ever since. If they're showing it at E3 then it might actually make it out this year.

I wonder though if the possibility of Fallout 3 on Switch means the supposed Anniversary version is a simple remaster job of the original and not an all-out attempt to uplift F3 into F4's engine. But if they got Skyrim running on Switch I guess F3's scenario stuffed inside F4 isn't too huge a leap over that.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue May 29, 2018 1:51 pm

Is this all Switch specific or could it include 3DS still? I hope FE16 is on the 3DS.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue May 29, 2018 2:00 pm

Hard to say for all of these, but I'd bet on FE16 being Switch-exclusive if only because I don't think they've ever done a split release for a mainline FE before. But who knows, maybe putting Warriors on both platforms changed their minds.

I'm sure at least a couple of those other things could easily be 3DS games if they're real, aside from Splatoon 2 Octo and Smash. That Pokemon thing for instance strikes me as either 3DS or iOS/Android.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:30 pm

That reminds me: Has there been any update to that "console Pokemon" game since its initial announcement? This could be a good time for that.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 30, 2018 7:13 am

Seems like this is what yer looking for.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/ ... okemon-go/

Same names as on the above image, so that's something, but they were probably rumoured earlier so not too hard to toss onto a fake photo.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Wed May 30, 2018 11:42 pm

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 am

The existence of Assassin's Creed Odyssey was leaked the other day and Ubi has now confirmed it's a thing. I hope you like Greek food.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/31/17415 ... -confirmed

also kinda-sorta backs up one of the accidental Wal-Mart Canada product listings from a couple weeks back even if there wasn't a subtitle attached to that one.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:45 am

Some of the possible games in that Nintendo image plus a few new ones may have just been backed up by another leak, possibly from a print shop, and also a Korean ratings board.

Specific Switch call-outs: Dragon Ball FighterZ, Killer Queen Black, Paladins, Overcooked 2, Mario Tennis Aces, and Fortnite.

The ratings board apparently also namedropped a PC port of Sunset Overdrive and a new edition of Borderlands for modern consoles.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:23 am

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Whoa, Wellington is on there? I'm impressed!

6am Sunday I'm not sure I'll catch that live. Looks like I might be able to see some live from work though, that's nice. I normally work from home on Tuesdays, so that looks like my day.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:32 pm

I can manage to catch most of that. I could be on lunch as early as 10 am PDT Monday. I'll miss Ubisoft, but be off by 3. Nintendo is bad timing, but I don't need to experience that live.

So, which of you streamers is covering it live?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Seems a new Hitman has also leaked, simply called "Hitman 2" this time, so most likely a direct follow-up to the 2016 soft-reboot.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:45 am

Oh jeez the Rez people are doing a Tetris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8fVT_Ds4Q

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:35 pm

That is one confusing trailer, are they bringing anything new to the Tetris formula? Also that's a lot of particle effects, it kind of made it hard to see the gameplay.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 am

Paladins on Switch confirmed, meanwhile Crackdown 3 has been delayed and Days Gone now has a February 2019 release date which may or may not be a delay, I'm not sure.

Paladins is a known quantity that doesn't really need to be at E3 but I wonder if Crackdown and Days Gone will still be shown with any kinda focus if they're no longer gonna see 2018.

...Days Gone feels like, at minimum, five or six years too late to be doing whatever it's trying to do, or even just throwing together the bits and pieces it's got. It looks like a time capsule from 2010 when some guy in a conference room somewhere was all, "what's big in media right now, Walking Dead and Sons of Anarchy, alright, put your hands together, let's do this" and then never really finished the design doc.

e: Hitman 2 dated for November. They appear to be ditching the episodic model but adding co-op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8aRCwbZGek

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:04 pm

This is probably gonna be another one of those, but at least might be bringing the royale rush into a much different setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBcicm45J3g

I'm way more interested in this new thing from the Just Cause people, which looks to be a Left 4 Dead + robots + hot Swedish punk rock scenesters. I hope it gets some good demo time at E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6kheRkaT7Q

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Hahaha, and now Just Cause 4 has leaked, this time via an ill-timed Steam pre-order pop-up graphic. We might not even need E3 this year if everything's either leaking days before the show or getting early announcements and trailers.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 pm

The biggest news pre-E3 though, is that EA has brought the Skate 3 servers back online.

SKATE 4 HYPE!