[Final Fantasy] Known side effects of Dissidia include:

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Final Fantasy] We are all Basch.

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:22 am

I avoid reflect on my party because I'm pretty magic focused. What gambits do you guys have set up for permi-buffs?

I have:
Ashe (herself) > Libra
Fran (Ashe) > Protect
Fran (herself) > Protect
Fran (Ashe) > Regen

It already slows me down a bit with the casting, so part of avoiding perma-bubble is the party stopping more to rebuff and I don't feel like I'm in danger much except for hunts etc.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:01 am

I have Penelo set up to cast Libra and Ally: Any > Protectga. I haven't felt the need to do the same with Shell. Anyone who can run Bubble casts it on themselves.

My other buffs/debuffs are situational: I'll turn on Ashe's Ally: Any > Haste gambit when opening up a fight with bosses/espers/marks, then Slow the boss after Penelo hits it with Dispelga to wipe its buffs if necessary. I also have gambits using buffs to counter debuffs if Esuna isn't good enough. Haste on Slow, Regen on Sap, etc.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:46 am

Not much. Vaan and Balthier are my rotating party leader, so they have Self>Libra. I just put Bubble on Fran. I had Haste on Fran, but it's a bit of a drain. She has more MP now, so maybe I'll try it again. For now, it's just Ally: Slow> Haste.

Are you guys playing Active? I am mostly now, but I find the combat too fast to go Active during harder Hunts.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:54 am

I mostly just let my gambits do their thing, often in the sped up 2x mode.

Most hunts/bosses I start with dispel and then throw a few rounds of blind & silence & slow & poison until I establish what it's immune to. I also have Ashe set up with:

Weak to Fire > Firaga
Weak to Lightning > Thunaga
etc across all elements

Fran and Balthier both have high priority on Ally:any > Raise, so in the cases where Ashe goes down she's often back to life before the text comes up asking me to switch party leaders. Ashe herself has ally:any > Phoenix down which is even faster than raise for getting people back on their feet.

In terms of attack gambits for general use, Ashe and Fran both have 'lowest HP > attack' while Balthier has 'foe:100% > attack' first for those times where Fran gets stuck trying to steal from someone with her steal gambit and not contributing.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Also try:

Fire Weak > Oil

Boom.

I think fire spells might be the only elemental magic that can be boosted this way, so this combination might be worth running against any large enemy group not strong against fire.

I'm also constantly running at 2x speed unless I'm fighting a boss/mark/esper or, very rarely, one of those rare specimens in the bestiary which are usually stronger than average, or if I accidentally pull aggro on an elemental.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:15 pm

I presume someone in my party has Oil, I should look for that.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Big batch of fresh marks on the board after getting back from Giruvegan. A few with cheevos attached too. 'til now I've finished all of 'em except Tricky and Gilgamesh. So I should put on some podcasts and go hunting while I've got a guest in the party.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Shear is a great ability (lowers enemy magic resist), Ashe is throwing out 10k nukes like she's going out of business. Tried the oil trick, seems a lot of hunts are just immune to it which is sad.

I'm also impressed that if I can hit/kill at least 2 enemies with Ashe's magic she has a net gain of MP. The trickiest hunt I had today was one in the Necrohol who just spammed gravity. It was mostly trouble because I ran into it with my backup party who are all melee and so all getting hit by the spells. Eventually managed to trade them out as they died (before my revive gambits put them back up) and then it became a cakewalk since Fran and Balthier stand so far back with their bow/gun.

Had one hunt (Overlord) with a companion along, apparently this companion was immune to Bubble which was fun to learn after Fran got stuck in a buff loop on him.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Locke's next to join Dissidia:

After the inexplicable decision to start DLC with Vayne, this is a much better reveal.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Wed May 30, 2018 12:15 am

They probably wanted to promote the PC release of 12 and needed another villain. Ashe or Basch would have made way more money, though.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed May 30, 2018 3:43 am

Don't forget Balthier, the leading man.

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Even if they had to have a villain, the more obvious choice was Gabranth.