Electronic Three Twenty Eighteen

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: Electronic Three Twenty Eighteen

Post by Delthazar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Looks like DONTNOD's got a lot going on these days.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 ... in-mirror/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=KovDDJHpXY4

It's been in development for at least a year so maybe it'll show up at E3 with or without Life is Strange 2. I wonder if DONTNOD simply has more teams than I thought or if the LiS folks have been working on this on the side. On its face it certainly feels more LiS than Vampyr or Remember Me, but who knows, this is just story material we're looking at here.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:43 pm

IT'S LIVING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFPxAH-MeZU

I missed it live because what am I, some kinda normal sleep person? But whatever. I'll watch this thing now and drop some thoughts if there are thoughts to drop. It's only EA, how many can there be?

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:46 pm

It was just uninteresting, really. EA kinda sleepwalked this one.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:05 pm

I dunno if I'd ever play a Battlefield but I appreciate them paying no mind to the assholes and continuing to do their thing.

FIFA, new Origin services, Star Wars, NBA... Madden esports with WWE-ass championship belts...? Got no thoughts on those other than woof at that last part.

I totally blanked on the original Unravel ever existing. The sequel looks cool, dunno if it's something I'll play, but nice to see these smaller projects here and given more or less equal time as the bigger stuff. I get a bit of a Never Alone vibe from Unravel's puzzle/platformer design and movement for whatever raisin.

I also appreciate the enthusiasm from the presenters on Unravel and Sea of Solitude. The latter especially kinda sold me on her game before the trailer even rolled.

...is this a weird esports push for some new stripped-down Command & Conquer mobile variant? Ehh. It ain't for me but I can understand why it is what it is. A new full-scale C&C probably wouldn't work anymore, but as a Clash-like phone game, sure, that fits well enough.

I wonder how far off Anthem really is if they're still not doing stage demos. The quick bits of gameplay they did show seemed cool though. I don't know why they didn't just lead with that. February 2019 though is quicker than I thought assuming it makes that window.

Someone please retire this sizzle reel trailer format which everyone has been running the last several years.

cybersix
ALIENS

Post by cybersix » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Delthazar wrote:Crackdown 3 has been delayed
Delthazar wrote:Just Cause 4 has leaked

cybersix
ALIENS

Post by cybersix » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Twin Mirrror seems like the kind of plot that would be up my alley (I'm super gay for semi-paranormal murder thrillers) but MAN does that guy sound bored.

"There's blood on my shirt? I guess I should figure out what happened. idk, Wheel of Fortune is on."

It's DONTNOD, so I'll probably keep an eye out anyway

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Boo at no Skate 4 announcement! Extra boo at C&C becoming a mobile clans game. That Twin Mirror does look a lot more like LiS, so yeah I do wonder what DONTNOD's team(s) situation is.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:41 am

The dream of Skate will have to linger another year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivu3qW7lr5o

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:42 am

Microsoft's up next in just a few minutes. We're on lockdown until then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9Tp-v26Cg

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:45 pm

So, Microsoft is going the AB-InBev/Miller-Coors route, and gobbling up smaller companies to stay viable.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Yeah gotta make sure that scrappy young startup Microsoft stays viable.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Tell that to Toys R Us...

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Jump Force could be cool.

Battletoads?!

A good one more thing. I know a lot of people are excited for Cyberpunk.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:47 pm

There was quite a lot more to Microsoft's conference than I expected considering the last few years. Good on 'em.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Unorganized thoughts...

I have basically no interest in Halo or Gears and only a casual interest in all things Forza but those are all big tentpoles they needed to have so it's good they managed to pull the triple crown this time. Also, starting the Gears tease to a big crowd pop just to take a hard left turn into a weird Funko crossover was maybe a top 10 funniest E3 moment/Jeff Gerstmann reaction.

Metro Exodus set its latest trailer to Massive Attack's "Angel" which is kinda a great way to sell me anything really.

I definitely didn't expect an Ori sequel. That first game is something I've been meaning to play forever. But in terms of smaller scale artsier indie-types, Tunic is where it's at, with its sword fox isometric Zelda-ness and fantastic soundtrack. There were also several interesting looking small games in one of those sizzle reels which I really wish had been pulled out and given their own full trailers.

Microsoft buying up a bunch of studios and rolling a bunch of new ones is exactly what they needed to do to help fill their content gap. Ninja Theory in particular feels like a really good get.

There'll be tons more to say about Fallout 76 at Bethesda's presser in just a few hours, but the story trailer they showed looked pretty good and gave me the impression that this might be a lot more than the multiplayer survival rumours indicated.

Back on the subject of DONTNOD's wild expansion, I really didn't expect an in-universe Life is Strange game with a whole new (presumably separate) cast but that isn't called Life is Strange 2, or even carries the LiS branding at all. Plus it's free? Like, the whole game is free if it's a one shot, or the first episode is free, if it's an episodic series?

TERRY CREWS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT CRACKDOWN 3 DELAYS THAT'S JUST MORE TIME FOR TERRY IT'S TERRY TIME

New Tomb Raider looking very Tomb Raider all right. Hey Sony, even though Tomb Raider is multiplatform, ball's in yer court to counter hard with more Chloe Frazer-era Uncharted spinoffs.

FromSoftware and Activision's not-Tenchu-but-c'mon-it's-totally-Tenchu (Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, aka Tenchu, seriously, just call it Tenchu) looks really cool and I wonder if it's a direct response to Nioh.

Devil May Cry 5 isn't something I'll play but I appreciate Capcom remodeling Dante again to resemble Cody Rhodes.

Chris Avelone is writing Dying Light 2 and it sounds like a conceptual homerun, but... zombies, I guess. If it weren't for that one trapping I'd be super into it. Also, Avelone is writing so many games these days I wonder if he's at risk of pulling a Bryan Fuller.

Bandai Namco's ridiculous anime crossover thing, Jump, looks so dumb in all the best, most fun ways, so I could actually see myself getting into it if the roster keeps expanding.

Fuck Battletoads.

Yo, remastering Tales of Vesperia is a super cool unexpected move which I didn't think they'd ever bother doing, let alone showing off in an E3 conference. Plus they got all the PS3-exclusive content that never left Japan. I really hope it's one of the many XB1-Windows crossplay games. But since we're talkin' JRPGs forever trapped on the 360: where's Lost Odyssey at? :(

Kingdom Hearts + Frozen is a combination of two of the things most likely to get me to exit a room as quickly as I possibly can. More power to y'all if yer into that kind of thing. There aren't enough earplugs in the world for me though.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks very strong. Hopefully it'll be released before the shine completely comes off the current cyberpunk aesthetic wave and kinda-sorta attached music scene, which I kinda feel have already been stagnating for a year or two.

If I missed anything I'll doubleback and opine about it later. Good show though.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Yeah, Ninja Theory and that new studio with the Tomb Raider guy could be good for them.

I want...
Spoiler :
Nate/Elena Jr.
to get a game of her own. Chloe was fun, but I couldn't see her as the start of a new series. Maybe, because she was in two other Uncharteds already.

Battletoads could be good, given a quality team getting the time needed, and giving a good effort. We'll see. I'm not big fan, but I like BT/DD.

I'm not a fan of Frozen, either, so I would hope the focus of KH3 isn't too focused on that, but let's get serious: I won't play KH3 anyway. Shall I sing the song, Del? :suicide

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:08 pm

DONTNOD are getting hella busy, announcing a free prelude to LiS2 with this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EolUfLJpUwc

Haven't watched today's pressers yet, gonna do that when I get home.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Captain Spirit prediction: the expected LiS narrative adventure stuff happens in the real world, while this game's new gameplay hook happens in the main character's imagination.

e: Eurogamer reportin' this is indeed a free prelude to LiS2. So chances are this is a young version of that game's main character, or one of 'em anyway. They also have 20-ish minutes of hands-on stuff which I'll probably avoid for now.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:54 pm

A nice pleasant update: Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition will be on Xbox One, PS4, PC, and Switch. No doubt it just got premiered at the Microsoft conference 'cause Vesperia was originally a 360 exclusive.

seriously guys where's Lost Odyssey

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Nice! That'll be my chance to own it. Will it be the version with the character that was left out of ours?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Yep, plus whatever other content was trapped in the Japanese PS3 version. It'll be out this winter... probably everywhere?

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:54 pm

*Heads to Amazon for pre-ordering if possible*

- Yup, you can already pre-order!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Bethesda going up momentarily to serve all yer Fallout and/or Elder Scrolls needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYPhce2lMLg

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:38 pm

hahahaha they got Andrew WK

DHerder222
Pollmaster General / Tournament Grandmaster / Keeper of the GURPS Solis

Post by DHerder222 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Great, just what we needed, another version of D.O.N.