[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:14 pm
Since I got Bow!Hinoka I was looking at her dual-effective weapon, and remembering that Micaiah also has the dual-effective weapon... so I decided to try to make a 'super-effective' team.

Bow!Hinoka = Armor / Flier
Micaiah = Armor / Horse
Lucina = Dragon

I think that's all the effective types... not sure who the fourth will be. Am I missing any?
Realised that Caeda is also Armor / Horse effective, and fills the current vs green weakness so she could be a go if I pull a decent IV on her (currently only have +DEF/-SPD). Kagero or at least her dagger is certainly a solid option though, especially since I have a close counter/vantage setup already.

Alternately alternately, apparently Halloween!Sakura's paddle is effective vs mages which is an interesting 'super-effective' trait. I don't have her and probably won't till Halloween I guess.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:15 pm

I think she came back once for a legendary banner already, so she'll be back again, I'm sure.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Always finding that I want characters right after their banners end :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:14 am

Still no luck with Tiki or Takumi even after the 10 gift orbs :/

Also, annoyed by Tana's portrayal in the tap battle. They made her really weak and Innes had to save the day but like... Tana is normally a very strong character in her own right. She's one of the best units in Sacred Stones and both versions of her in FEH are awesome, so I don't get why they chose to do that to her. Innes is fine in FEH (apparently his summer alt is too) but in Sacred Stones I don't even use his ass because he's a pre-promote.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:29 am

Yeah the double-boss where the first one was really weak was fun the first time around, but they didn't even do it last time so I don't know why they did that to Tana here.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Yeah, but weren't the knockouts stronger characters, with Barth remaining?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:36 pm

New Tempest Trial has started, the last map is a bit tricky unless you're flier emblem. I was using a mixed team since that's where my Summer!Corrin is at the moment, but I prob should just drop her into a flier team and make it a lot less fiddly.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Yeah, having a mostly easy time with it and beating it with all 4 characters alive for the most part so far. Using Summer Tana as my bonus character, so yay flier, and Michalis is the character I have as her support.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Summer Takumi came home <3

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:20 pm

I've been letting autobattle do this one for me while I play Berseria. :pac Almost halfway through the trial already, got both Marths and merged them into my previous, so she's now at +3.

The autobattler is dumb and will usually lose one or two characters by the end of the trial even on recommended difficulty but it's still good for about 400-500 points every five minutes or whatever and I'm sitting on a mountain of stamina potions so why not.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Yeah autobattle is rough because even if you have strong enemy phase units like dragons, it loves to just single one out and launch them forward without support.

In new S-Support news, I like the idea of soft-in-the-middle Hardin supporting Henry's Vampire cosplay form of self expression.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:37 pm

I've legit seen the autobattler lock archers into melee range until they die 'cause I guess it can't handle chokepoints. :pacdown

y'all should really be following vilkalizer on Tumblr if yer not already, their sprite edits and animations are unreal.

http://vilkalizer.tumblr.com/post/17592 ... t-might-as

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Didn't realize new heroes were coming on the 20th and I blew 25ish orbs trying to get summer Tiki. Oh well, worth it as she's top tier according to the tier list I use that finally updated today. Summer Takumi is on par with bow Hinoka, so that's cool. Waiting for the 2x SP weekend to level him.

Reminds me, I fought a Camilla emblem and Lyn emblem team in area recently. Camilla emblem actually beat me, but it was during arena assault and not my best team. Still, didn't expect that. I need to work on my Takumi emblem team now...

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Summer Camilla's art used in the Tap Battles is really pretty.

So, what's all this about Character Emblem teams? Do you get some kind of bonus, or is it just for kicks, like running all white mages in FF1?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Just for kicks. Now many characters have enough alts that you can do a full team of 4 of the same character without breaking the duplicate hero rule.

Edit: Examples-

Lyn (actually 5 options)- Regular (sword), Bride, Cav/Bow, Leg/Bow, Love abounds (blue mage).
Camilla- Regular (axe), Spring, New Years, Summer
Takumi- Regular, Fell/evil, New Years, Summer
Tiki- Young, Adult, Adult (summer), Young (summer)

I'm probably missing someone.

Hector is close with 3 options but they're all green axe users... Robin works if you count the male and female versions as the same people. Same with Corrin.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 pm

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 2688765953

I think the last time they did this they announced a bunch of new modes? Wonder what they'll have for us this time.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:55 am

Yeah, I'm still struggling with some of the blessed garden maps. Probably due to the way I horribly balanced my blessing distribution, though.

I feel like the 4th space in the "events" area is always unused, though, so maybe it's something else that happens once a month.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm

I've done all the blessed gardens so far, some of them have been real pains. I really need to catch up on chain challenges and squad assaults though, I've done like 1 or 2.

Are there any pugilists in Fire Emblem? I was thinking fist fighters might be a fun colourless melee class.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:20 pm

I tend to peace-out from the garden maps (and most other maps honestly) somewhere in the middle of the lunatic tier.

Guess I have the patience to absent-mindedly tap the autobattle button every few minutes while I do other things 'til it eventually reaches the end of the tempest trials, but I totally don't have the patience to solve the tougher stuff in earnest, most of which are basically puzzle maps, and puzzles just ain't my thing.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Yeah I feel like some of the content is balanced around +10 units to give the veterans a challenge, so I don't sweat too hard if I can't beat some of the 40+ maps.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm
I've done all the blessed gardens so far, some of them have been real pains. I really need to catch up on chain challenges and squad assaults though, I've done like 1 or 2.
Damn, what's your secret? I just suck at Infernal maps even though I've been playing since day one. Same goes for the GHB.
As for the chain battles, I think I did most of them on easy so far, but haven't moved up to the harder difficulties. I reserve those for when it's double SP weekend and I'm grinding for characters that haven't learned all their skills yet. The squad assaults I haven't completed at all, since everyone needs to survive, and I always lose someone right at the end.
Falcon Critical wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm
Are there any pugilists in Fire Emblem? I was thinking fist fighters might be a fun colourless melee class.
I can't think of any. But yeah, colorless melee would be a nice addition. I guess the one colorless dragon sort of counts, but she has distant counter too.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Earth Team:
Zelgius / LA!Eliwood / S!Sharena / H!Nowi
Sharena boosts defenses, the two tanky boys bait pretty much everything. Armorslayer opponents can really mess with this team, but typically does fine.

Wind Team:
Sigurd / B!Lyn / Gunnthra / Priscilla
My first emblem team, it's not terribly optimal and has real trouble when the map is in close quarters making it hard for Lyn and Gunnthra to sweep. Leans heavily on Sigurd so blue melee units are big trouble.

Water Team:
S!Kagero / Rhajat / Ursula / Arvis
Another team pretty dependant on map mobility, the whole team is designed to hit and run, so any map where I need to bait is next to impossible. I have to look at who the enemies are and slot in a different fighter who can actually bait sometimes, like Fjorm or M!Grima. Distant counter ruins this team lol.

Fire Team:
Hardin / H!Henry / Valter / B!Tharja
This team often struggles, and frequently requires trading in and out with fighters like F!Celica or Tiki/Nowi. Has real problems with beefy greens, especially Hectors who can distant counter my mages and colour advantage my tanks.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:24 pm
Yeah I feel like some of the content is balanced around +10 units to give the veterans a challenge, so I don't sweat too hard if I can't beat some of the 40+ maps.
Yeah, like right now my best merge is still a +5, and a potential +7 merge waiting in the wings if I squish all my Tikis together. Bootstrapping a full team of +10 units which actually play well together and then getting each one a full suite of skills that best bring out their strengths is a wildly long-term project.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:56 pm

I think my best is still +2, but I'm more interested in building up more fighters than supercharging one fighter. I do have a bunch of 4 star Kageros that could be promoted and merged...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:18 pm

FC: Hmm, the only team I could do is the wind team. Missing two members of your earth team, though I could sub Zelgius with Black Knight and H!Nowi with S!Tana, probably. I already gave them differing blessings, though.

Your water team consists entirely of units I don't have. I technically have Ursula and Arvis but like, at level 1 and 3 stars. Also missing 2 members of your fire team and the ones I do have have different blessings.

So I feel like it's partially luck based on initial blessing distribution. I don't want to waste the few I have left replacing the blessings I already have on my units. I just... need to be better about putting the rest on good people that fit into the teams I sort of already have.

As far as merges go, I have my Reinhardt at +6 as my highest, but he can still easily get one-shot.