[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:37 am

And pity breakers aren't a thing on the legendary banner anyway. Scraped up 9 orbs and got a bunch of 3-star trash. Probably won't get enough to pull anything else before it ends.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:51 pm

New heroes again already in a few days. The 2 silhouettes suggest Xander and Ryoma again, which is annoying, as they both already have 2 other versions. But usually there are 4 people total, so I'll wait and see who the others are before not caring, I guess.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:58 pm

I think I triggered a pity breaker again with some goof I'll never use, whatshisface, uhhh... Luke. Pfft, just what I needed, another red cav for the pile. Maybe I'll stockpike orbs again, seems like it takes about an average of 60 to 120 to pull anything worthwhile anyway

meanwhile I have like 120k feathers stockpiled and I think all my hapless summoning got me up to 8 or 9 Tikis. :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Ah, Luke. I got him unintentionally too (long time ago) and he's not that bad. But yeah, I have Roy with Galeforce or Seigbert if I want a serious red sword cav unit.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm

I drew a few regular!Camillas so my gathered feathers are currently pushing her up to 5 stars and merging into my main version since I enjoy her as a flier tank.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:07 am

One day left for the summer banner and the one Maribelle is in. Do I try for her or Tiki again tonight, or save my orbs for the summer festival banner? (I haven't watched the video yet, so I don't know anyone's color or how unique anyone actually is yet).

Edit: So colored knives are a thing now, even though the colored bows haven't been used much and are so far legendary only. Makes Ryoma and Elincia worth going for. Micaiah is just a red mage but still is effective against armored and cavalry. I think I still want her normal version more. Gonna save my orbs for Elincia, I think. But, I think I'll save up 20 and do my usual "fuck it" round since all 4 colors have someone. That's how I got Sumia last time and she's pretty good.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:23 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgyf4SzOTa0

I guess they all have Dance skills huh. Agreed, this Micaiah sounds pretty good then, 'cause at least in my head a Dance skill (with Fireflood Dance buffing it from B) and a weapon that's both anti-cav and anti-armour sounds pretty sweet.
Spoiler :

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Xander's dance is pretty great. How old is Xander btw, as a newbie to FE I always thought he was like 40 or something but a lot of his alt outfits and such suggest he's in his 20s.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:34 pm

I have no idea but that voice doesn't give me a young blood vibe at all.

so he'd be about 18 in anime years

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 pm

No official age is given. I always felt early to mid 20s. Fan speculation seems to vary between 18-30... Someone also pointed out that Xander and Camilla have different mothers, so it's possible that they're about the same age, too. I'm just gonna throw 25 out there based on my vibe when playing Fates.

Edit: One last go for summer Tiki since I realized new special heroes means new Paralogue map orbs, but alas, nothing still.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:49 pm

I hadn't noticed the daily special maps, so if you've been oblivious like me jump in there for easy orbs because it looks like I missed the first couple of days.

The next Tempest Trials details are out too, no seals this time but rather lots of the TT units show up again:

I'll probably break out my Sharena for the bonus points this time around, I built her into a brazen/desperation/brash assault slugger with Berkut's Lance to push up her average RES.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:01 am

Cool, I can get the mediocre Tobin I missed, but I guess I have to promote him if I ever want a 5-star. Pass. Another "Marth" and Joshua to merge works for me, too. Not sure if I want to merge Black Knight or use him for a skill.

Joshua is one of those units that doesn't tier well, and who nobody talks about, probably because there are so many other red swords, but he does really well for me and often wins battles when "better" red units get swapped out for him. Which makes me wonder, who are your mid-to-low tiered units that do really well for you guys?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:45 pm

I really like Bridal!Charlotte even though she's not highly rated. By putting attack smoke on her with First Bite she can can create a net -12 to enemy attacks (-7 ATK / +5 DEF/RES) which makes her tankier than expected. I put Sol on her purely because I like the idea of healing with her giant cake spoon.

Beyond that I enjoy quite a few of the BHB mages, I've levelled up and merged up Ursula, Arvis, and Julius and quite like all of their skillsets.

Oh there was an update today and it added 5 more team slots! I was running out of slots for theorycrafting so I'm happy about that!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:48 pm

I don't think Clarisse ranks very high but she's done some good work for me in the past. I wish she'd un-pop that collar though.

Way back around launch when my roster wasn't overflowing with red swords I'm pretty sure I got some good battles out of Hana, Fir, and Oboro.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:45 pm
Oh there was an update today and it added 5 more team slots! I was running out of slots for theorycrafting so I'm happy about that!
Didn't notice the new slots but damn, I sure need them!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35 am

After a long dry spell, festival Micaiah came home. I'm going to snipe for Elincia next. Xander does nothing for me since I already have alt!Olivia as a standard knife dancer. Ryoma's unique as a blue knife dancer, but I want Elincia more.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Xander is the only one I'd speculate for, and even then only for close counter/quick riposte. As cute as his dance is, I turned off support animations ages ago so I wouldn't see it much.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Didn't realize he had close counter. Those are some good skills, but I still mostly dislike knife throwers in general. Meanwhile, Micaiah is so good that I already have her at level 40 with a full skill set.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:56 pm

I'll be annoyed if I can't pull that Micaiah. With her weapon she could be even better than my Rhajat.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:37 pm

I'm overflowing with red mages, which is the main raisin I'm not going for new Micaiah.

I really liked the Sharena boss in Tap Battle. "I'm hopping your way!" I may be a bit biased.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm kind of overflowing with red mages as well, but since she can dance, she might be my best one now.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:09 pm

After all this time the game decided to give me a 5* Celica when all I really want at the moment is the new Micaiah. At this rate it could totally take me the rest of the remaining 20 days to actually get anything on focus.

I guess on the plus side I'm probably most of the way through Tempest already thanks to lazily tapping the autobattle button every now and then as I play Yakuza. And I now have like 140k feathers to blow on promoting folks for merges.

Summoning on red so often lately has got me 8 dupes of Tiki to eventually merge into my 40+1, and looking down my list, I apparently have 9 Maes all of sudden, though none higher than 4*. I could also get my L'Arachel up to 40+7 pretty easily, or my Effie to 40+6.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:59 am

I'm sniping for festival Elincia now with no luck. Also about halfway through the TT. I shoot for 5000 points a day, which is enough to beat it before it goes away. I've merged all the duplicate prize units so far, except Tobin, since he's somehow new to me (I don't know how I missed a whole TT since I've been playing the game daily since day one).

My masked Marth is +5 and she's kicking ass. However, I feel like I'm missing a merge... she always came in pairs before this current TT where she was a single, so I should have the original 5* plus 6... I either sent home one of her 4* versions in the past or simply didn't earn enough points for the 5* version in a previous run, just thinking "oh, she doesn't have skills anyway, what's the point?" Kicking myself for that now.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm mostly just doing the 3 hits a day for quests, though have been using it as a trial run for my Summer!Robin build. I think it still needs tweaking but it's getting there.

That latest fire team garden map was rough, H!Jakob is a monster, I had to switch Hardin from Bold Fighter to Guard just to delay Jakob's special long enough to kill him.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Did you beat the map? I can't beat it. What was your full team?