[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:14 pm

That makes me angry because I try these battles with my best teams, and yet I see people doing videos for Infernal with 3-4 star heroes with no problem and I just don't get what I'm doing wrong... Even if I try to duplicate the results with my 5 star versions of said heroes, if I have them, it never works.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:18 am

60 orbs total now wasted on the Halloween banner... this is going to turn out like last year's for me, isn't it?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:52 am

Definitely an impressive clear, I've always had trouble with that F!Robin map, but it seems people clear it mostly by doing that retreat which funnels the enemies rather than getting one of your people beat on past the wall.

I really should look into some clears that people manage and copy them, rather than just not clearing maps at all like I do (or don't) now.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:33 am

<_<
>_>
Just pulled Myrrh.
^_^
*runs away*

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 am

Damn you!

I spent another 20 orbs and got... Shiro. Who is NOT Niles. That Bastard.

Edit: Damn, Halloween Myrrh is so good that she completely disrupted the tier list I use.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:35 pm

20 orbs. All 5 of them red. No Myrrh. No nothing.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:25 am

Oof. There is at least still quite a few days left on the banner.

Who is your go-to team for this Tempest Trials btw? I slipped H!Kagero into my Serra/Nephenee/Julius team and they're doing okay. The Henry on the last stage can be a little tricky to bait.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:24 pm

I was using Mia, Titania, Spring Catria, and Abel, but once I got Halloween Dorcas, I subbed him in. Though, not for any particular strategy. Just to increase my scoring.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Regular Myrrh since she's a bonus character, and I just threw in random people around her. This time Bride Ninian, Adult Tiki, and Leg!Hector. It's working well.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 pm

So I beat Lunatic Camus finally due to a video. Don't remember which one, but it was one of the first hits. Decided to try Infernal. First few vids didn't work, but then this one caught my eye. I have all the units, but I think the raisin it's not working for me is because my Frederick has a different weapon upgrade. Camus isn't dying when he attacks my Frederick, which changes the rest of my moves after that point, causing someone to die later. I need to work on Frederick to give him the exact skill set and see how it goes. Bookmarking for later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gInVBLYk2Ys

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Yeah I should look at more of the guide videos to clear some higher level content. Especially ones marked as F2P since they don't tend to have many merges or skill inheritances.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Only problem is, many of those use level 40 versions of 4 star characters, and I don't bother leveling those, so I need to make an effort to do so. A lot of guides use Lissa for her movement restriction, but my level 1 Lissa isn't going to cut it...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 pm

You could always just vore her staff onto a healer you do use. I think I have that staff on Nanna at the moment.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:59 am

...Good call that I didn't even think of. I wonder if her 5* version of the staff is better, though? Feels like a waste, but at least I know it's the one that does the job.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm

The 5 star version does more damage I believe, and you can then refine it for razzle or dazzle etc. You can prob get away with the lesser version if you're just slowing folks.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:29 pm

The Youtuber Pheonixmaster1 (yes, the e and o in phoenix are reversed) has some good guides for defeating the GHBs. I just beat Robin on infernal with an all infantry team (so, first clear plus a quest clear) using units and seals I already had with no grinding, and Legion on infernal (first clear), same deal.

Only issue is that his alternate quest clears (all flier, all cavalry, etc) for Robin have a lot of 4 star units that I never bothered leveling, so despite those units being FTP, I have some grinding to do. Infantry, though, was easy, and he explains his strategies pretty well. The first try with my all infantry team resulted in failure, and I knew right away that it was because despite my Nino being 5 star and his only 4, he mentioned that high speed was key, and my Nino's speed was a mere 1 point lower than his. I slapped the +speed seal on her (since thankfully the strategy didn't involve her having a seal at all) and problem solved.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:15 am

Pity broken again. Another 20 orbs, and I got Rhajat. At this rate, I'm lucky if I end up with a single Halloween unit at all.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:27 am

I got pity broken by a Katarina going for Myrrh, so I'm back to the basement 3% rate again too.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Oh, so you build up luck until you get a 5*? I didn't know that. I always wondered about all these talks of "pity breaks".

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Yeah, click on "Details" in the banner and then "more key information about summoning," and then you get the breakdown. Basically, if you go 120 pulls in the same banner with no 5* unit, you're guaranteed one after that. That's why I was sort of pissed when I got Shiro after 80 or so orbs, since it reset my count, and Shiro apparently sucks. I would have gladly pulled 2 more rounds (and I already have) to have a Halloween unit instead. BUT, Rhajat is working out well for me. I'm enjoying leveling her up. Her anti-cavalry weapon combined with Savage Blow and Distant Defense as vanilla skills is really nice.

The Youtuber I mentioned earlier also sings Caeda's praises and does all of his flying quest videos with her, so I decided to promote mine. She's better than I'd ever expected, too. Her unique weapon (at 5 stars) is one that I didn't know existed, and it's refineable on top of that with a flashing blade buff. But, even the vanilla version is effective against cavalry and flying units. So, it's nice to have a flying effective unit that's short-ranged. Speaking of, thanks to his videos, I'm done with Clarisse's maps and quests entirely. She's the first one of the GHB that I can say that for.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 pm

I got a $$ reward from work which I turned into iTunes vouchers which I turned into 75 orbs... and got nothing out of the halloween banner :pac

20 days left.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:37 pm

I've bootstrapped my rate back up to 4% but now that I'm done Tempest I'm kinda out of easy orb sources unless something more lucrative than Grand Conquests comes up in time. 20 days might not be enough to successfully roll a natural Mia.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Jeez, it's like this banner delights in screwing us all.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Just burned through 20 on the main Halloween, and got 5 star Minerva. Any good?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:39 pm

I still don't even have Minerva. Did a few more of the rotating GHB quests from PM1, but not all of those worked for me either (either I don't have the exact unit or even if I do, for some raisin the AI works differently). Still got a few more orbs, though.