[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Delthazar » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Definitely gotta remember to finalize Tharja's skill loadout if I'm gonna keep her in that slot for 'yall.

Which reminds me, I haven't decided on which of the two weapons to refine for Witchy Mia. 🤔 What say you?

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:33 pm

True Perception wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:08 pm
Flags?
Come on, I'm not that drunk yet! My total was beyond what it should have been for 200 flags, with no multiplier in place. 22,000 instead of 20,000. Happened twice now. The other options show inflated totals as well. 11,000 for 100, etc.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:08 am

RIP Tailtiu, we're onto the next fight with Delthea, a fellow Del, so ya lookin' at the real deal now

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:01 am

I was worried Reinhardt was gonna get multiplied to death, since it seemed we were always ahead... but looks like we survived, unlike Odin and Ishtar who were clear leaders till they got sniped and knocked out. It really is just kinda random who wins.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:00 am

Yeah, a lot of people hate these due to the multipliers. I'm sort of shocked Ishtar lost.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Wasted another 20 orbs on the Halloween banner. Not sure if I can reach 20 more in 5 days...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:31 am

Oof, I guess just save as many as you can and drop em on the last day.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:58 pm

I've burned through 65 orbs (one pull was 1 grey/4 blue) today, alone. Nada. Been burning through Quests and story chapters to try and obtain something from this Halloween banner.

So, the rate only goes up if you take all 5 in one pull without getting a 5*, right?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:37 pm

No, the rate goes up after a certain number of non-5s, it doesn't matter if you pull all of the orbs that are offered. I pretty much always 'snipe' and only pick the colour I want, dismissing the other orbs if they're not the same colour. I got up to my 5% pity rate on this banner only choosing red and colourless orbs.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:32 pm

I'm really annoyed because none of the Youtube solutions for Legendary Lyn on Lunatic or Infernal are working for me, and I think it's because my Legendary Ike is merged.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:13 pm

AHHH I'm also annoyed because in my Echoes replay just now, I killed a recruitable character without even noticing, and saved after the battle. I can go back to an old save, but that would negate 3 hours worth of playtime (mostly grinding) that I'd have to re-do. Fuck.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Man up, soldier!

Nah, I always hate when I'm forced to redo something because of sudden unexpected deaths or fuck ups; especially when it's more than an hour to get back to where I was. Most of the time, I have to leave it off for the day.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:00 pm

I had a bit of trouble with that Legend!Lyn solution too, I was using Summer!Cordelia instead of Finn and it caused enemies to move in different patterns that I couldn't deal with. I ended up levelling up Finn just to get them to move where they should, so it's pretty finnicky for sure. Not sure how you'd get around a merged Ike though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Which solution were you using with a Finn? I haven't seen that one, so it might work for me.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 pm

It was another Pheonixmaster1 F2P solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MuXxg3wNg

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Huh... either I tried this already and it didn't work or I somehow missed it entirely. I have all the units. Weird. But I don't remember trying it.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Yeah like I said I tried swapping Finn out since I didn't have him levelled, but it made the enemies move differently. I suspect that because he has low speed he attracted more enemies than Cordelia was. Once I used his setup it was smooth sailing.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:14 pm

I do remember now that I'm hearing his commentary. Shit got fucked up later on when the blue armored unit went after my Oliva instead of being on the side out of range. Again, my Olivia is 5*, not 4. I did make sure her skills were the same, but that wasn't enough. It's really frustrating that having *stronger* characters fucks up a whole strategy. I quit.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Oof that sucks. Silvia is now available at 4 stars, so she's potentially a recruitable 4-star red dancer that could work in Olivia's place. Not sure that would be better than your Olivia situation though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:38 pm

I'd have to use skill inheritance to give her the hone skill that Olivia comes with, so it'd be a lot of work to level a 4-star unit just on a chance that it *might* work.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:34 pm

Hone attack is pretty common though, looking at my roster it's inheritable from Serra, F!Corrin, or Nino.

Then again, on this specific map I wasn't able to use Sylvia because the units moved differently.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up; I won't rush to train her.

That said, I was going to promote her at one point and give her a water blessing because Berkut's strategy that worked for me with the other blessings all required a red dancer. I used Olivia, Summer Michaiah, and Lene for the other elements, but having a blue dancer for the water quest messed up the strategy. I've got time for that one, though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm

In lesser news tonight, a new banner was announced. Mostly alts.

Mikoto is new so I actually do care about her (Plus, this paves the way for other non-combat characters being added to the game, like Rinea, who did well in the las CYL vote). Otherwise, eh? I kind of feel like we're getting oversaturated with dragons lately, so I'm not sure about these Corrins. And I still don't care about Camilla.

But we get a free Azura in the TT apparently? That's cool, since I don't have a green dancer yet, and most of her other versions are green dancers. I hope this one is too...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:55 pm

Not super interested in the banner, if anything I would try for M!Dreamy!Corrin with my free pull because I like his style. Probably gonna save orbs for Christmas now though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:28 pm

I didn't mention that I wasted another 20 orbs on the Halloween banner this morning. I feel like I must be 400+ now with no focus character. Definitely my worst luck ever, but I still have 2 days.