[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Yikes, are you sniping one colour or just grabbing all the orbs in an attempt to get anything at all..?

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:29 am

I've been doing full 20 runs, since this banner has one of each color, and I'd be happy with any of them. With the banner ending in like a day, though, I think I'll snipe right at the end with any remaining orbs I may have. Preference for Myrhh and Niles.

And yay, we won the voting gauntlet!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:44 pm

It's definitely the first time the first team I chose has gone all the way to win, so that was cool!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:44 pm

Watching the Feh Stream for the first time; just happened to catch the right timezone after seeing it on Twitter:

We're going to get items (heroic grails) to recruit past TT heroes and GHB heroes. Up to 20 times!? So that means we can make 10+ merges of them now, and then get them for skill fodder too. Granted, the amount of grails needed will increase by 50 each time (edit: per character- so 100 each time for the initial unit summon). We get 200 right away as a gift. Gonna merge my Joshua, Linus, and male Kana more! (Edit: They are at 4 stars each time, so they will still need 20k feathers each if you're upgrading 5 star units.)

Aether raids: We can battle other players more directly finally. You get to set up structures for your castle, and earn aeather stones to build more, and they're earned by battling other players yourself. So it's kind of like picking random people's teams/castles to beat in Fates online. Bonus characters and structures still exist, like in arena, for more points/rewards. You get grails this way, too.

So, I'm excited. This is much better than how I felt about the last banner announcement.

ALSO: At the very end of the stream, after the cheesy ending, there was a black screen that simply said, "book 3 is about to open." So we have more story (i.e. free orbs) coming soon as well. Glad I didn't shut the tab too early.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:25 pm

Poor Sharena looked so sad at the end!

Very excited for the Heroic Grails though, LA!Eliwood is definitely one of my first to ++

The potential problem with this is those F2P solutions might have weird results if it uses a hero you've merged more than the solution (like your Olivia).

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:23 am

I thought about that, but with the option to summon them up to 20 times (plus the others from quest rewards and what not), people can set one aside to be a level 40 4*, and still merge a 5* to +10.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:32 am

Oh, yeah I didn't think about that! Nice catch!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Maybe I'll claim a bunch of M!Marths from the new grail thing and get that merge a little closer to completion. 🤔

I really appreciate them putting GHB units in there because fuck running most of the actual GHB things to claim them normally.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Yeah, my M!Marth is my most merged of those units already, so I think I'll do her first.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Also if you force the app update, you can get your grails now. I merged my Marth and Kana already.

Spent my last 5 orbs sniping for Myrhh since the banner ends tonight. You can guess how that went. This is officially the worst luck I've had on a special banner since last year's Christmas one, but I spent way more orbs on this one. Easily over 300, if not 400. At least the other old Halloween one ends in 6 days, so I'm going to try my luck with that one next time I get orbs. Definitely want Henry since I don't have any armored mages yet.

Edit: Somehow missed that we're getting a young Azura as a Tempest Trial prize, and she's a green mage dancer. It will be very nice to finally have a green dancer in my collection! That's a glaring gap in my roster, and not from lack of trying...

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Got Mia!

Edit: And, a 5* Kana!

And, Kagero!!!

That was with a 4.5% in each 5* bracket.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 pm

The Halloween Mia and Kagero? Damn, dude. That's some nice last minute luck. I got a 5* Kana as a pity breaker in this banner and I do love her.

Edit: So ultimately, despite not getting any banner units, I do love my Kana and Rhajat pity breakers. Got a Shiro out of it too that I will probably never use, and a merge for my Ishtar. I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but yeah, I got like 5 pity breakers, so I can't say that I got *nothing*, but this is my first experience never getting a banner unit after so many orbs.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:52 pm

It is definitely supremely unlucky to not get any featured fighters with that many orbs. Perhaps it's all paying forward and you'll get all the Christmas units :pac

Rhajat has been really good for me, throw lancebreaker on her and even inflated stat abyssal horses go down easy.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:11 pm

But I hate Christmas in general, so I'd rather have the Halloween peeps due to the theme! But... the old Christmas units are great and unique and I want them all for those raisins. Curious about what this year will bring, for sure.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:24 am

This new dream banner makes a lot more sense with the story and knowing about little Azura. It was so out of context when the characters were announced that I was all, "what the fuck is this?" Still not interested, but at least it makes *sense* now.

The aether raid setup is confusing but... it's fun.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:00 pm

For some raisin I assumed the Aether Raid thing would work a little more like Let It Die's Tokyo Death Metro but there's a lot more building and placement of buildings involved and none of the team stuff. It's nice to have though, even if I'd like the rewards to be a little more varied.

re: yer bad luck with the Halloween banner, I'm trying to remember how long it took after the last one for those units to start appearing in legendary rerun banners at 8%. So at least you might have some of those to look forward to eventually.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 pm

I do really like that you can watch your defense results in Aether Raids. I initially set up with a bunch of traps and towers, but I've flipped on that and have set up a very cute and opponent friendly map instead. Because y'know, everyone deserves a gimme.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Delthazar wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:00 pm
re: yer bad luck with the Halloween banner, I'm trying to remember how long it took after the last one for those units to start appearing in legendary rerun banners at 8%. So at least you might have some of those to look forward to eventually.
The last one had 2 bride characters, which I think came out in June, so the turnaround is about 4 months maybe?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Did a lot of chain challenges today. Cleared all the normal mode ones finally, and moved on to hard. Makes me want to replay Awakening, since a lot of the beginning maps featured those characters. But I'm already replaying Echoes, lol.

Cleared most of Julius' quests thanks to Youtube. Can't do the all-flier ones because my Aversa is merged already and ruining the FTP solution, and the rest all require New Years Azura. Damn it. Also can't do the solution where Sherena kills Julius for the quest (the solution requires Aversa and changes the AI...) but that one offers a 3* Julius as a reward rather than orbs so I don't care, since I never planned on merging him anyway and now we can buy the merges at 4* so whatever.

I *did* manage to beat Valter's map on infernal today finally and it required a sacred seal mentioned in someone's comments due to my Olivia being 5* rather than 4*, so I'm glad I read the comments rather than giving up.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:48 am

Oh yay, I have zero of these TT bonus heroes. It's going to be a slow grind for points until I get the 5 star Azura and level her up.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Oh wow, yeah. Luckily I have Kinshi!Hinoka so I guess she's my bonus carry this time.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 pm

All I've got is a Ryoma I've never touched. I don't really feel like giving him a skill loadout just for TT so I guess it's up to the rest of the squad (Squad.) to help him through.

This time around I'm running Ryoma/L'Arachel/PA!Azura/Veronica which feels like a good balance.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:26 pm

I just put the 4 star, level 1 Azura on my back up team for extra points if my first team dies. When that happens, usually it's on the last map and several characters are dead, so I don't need the dancer to hold her own.

I've got over 20 orbs now, but with more new heroes coming next week and another legendary banner following that, I think I'm going to give up on Halloween and finally stockpile again.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Fair call, given the way your halloween luck has gone so far you'd prob be disappointed again. At least a stockpile of orbs has promise...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:52 am

Aww jeez, this arena season's bonus heroes are as bad as the Tempest Trials. Only one I have at 40 is Anna, with no refined weapons. She... kind of sucks, and building a team around her that survives in advanced arenas has been challenging so far.