[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:57 pm

Once I level mine to 40 and give him skill inheritance, I will totally do that!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Gharnef is tough because of the reinforcements but PM1 came through again, if anyone's having trouble.

His first solution almost didn't work for me since both of my Brave Lyns are -speed, but when I switched to the one that I have merged, it worked... not because she was merged, but because that one has a water blessing and Fjorm is on the team. Glad I read the comments. But I wish I read them before I upgraded my hone speed seal twice, since that didn't solve the problem with my unmerged Lyn (with a wind blessing) that I tried first. Oh well.

But yeah, even with my Lyn, Ike, and Fjorm being merged, I had zero AI issues this time. And for the lunatic solution, I used a 5 star Ethlyn rather than 4, but with the same skillset, and that also worked fine.

I also beat Berkut with a water blessed team today (thanks, Silvia) so all of those GHB quests are done. I just need the all armor/cavalry for some of the other people.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:25 pm

I used that first Infernal solution too, though I once again tried to use Lene instead of Olivia. It failed because my Lene only has Hone Atk 2, so Lyn couldn't take out that blue manakete. Once I put in my 4-star Olivia like was suggested, it went fine. Used the same team for the Lunatic solution with no issues.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Hrid is in fact our new legendary hero. Makes sense. He's a red sword unit though... and oddly enough, wind blessing. I know Gunnthra is wind, but I just associate that whole family with water.

Other reds: Flying Ryoma (need), Laevatain (don't need)
Green: Gunnthra (don't need, but fitting to have her on here), Female Kana (don't need), Summer Innes (meh)
Blue: Bow Lucina (Need), Summer Cordelia (meh), CYL Hector (have)
Colorless: Fell Robin again (sigh), Noire (meh), Nina (meh)

So, I guess I'll pull red and hope that I don't just get a bunch of duplicate Laevatains.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Maybe I'll draw for F!Grima again, only to once again have her dodge me on these banners. I might just skip and wait for Christmas.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:02 am

My bad luck on both Halloween banners and last year's Christmas banner has me not even anticipating this one, heh. I guess I'll have to see who the characters are. It'll likely be alts of existing characters again. It would be cool if someone from Echoes who isn't Celica got an alt.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Once again holding out hope for a Christmas Anna we'll never get. Justice for Anna. Free Anna.

Out of curiosity I tried out the low graphics mode just to see if it would improve stability on my shitty phone, but nah. Also holy shit is it ugly. I expected it to look worse than normal, it's like a solid gigabyte reduction in overall size after all, but it's actually much worse than I imagined. A sea of JPG artifacts. Couldn't revert to normal fast enough.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:22 am

60 orbs sniping for red with no dice... up to a 9% appearance rate. I'll watch some vids and tackle all the legendary battles for more orbs later.

Heh, even my AI is thirsty for Hrid. I know he has the double chance right now, but this is the first time my points have been this skewed. Not a single point for Gunnthra...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:31 am

Oh right, forging bonds started again.

I pulled the three red orbs on my first draw, but nothing came from it. I'm going to wait till Christmas.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Anyone have a solution for infernal+ Ryoma that worked for them? Everything on Youtube has different AI for me :/

Edit: So in the most surprising of news, with the few orbs I did get from the unbeaten (until now) legendary maps (and I still have more to go) I went to pull again, and had no red in the draw. I sighed and pulled the lone blue, as it's my backup color. Got Legendary Lucina. It's something! Still want Ryoma and Hrid, though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 am

So the next voting gauntlet is Nifl vs. Musspell. I actually like all the characters, so I'm not sure who I'm going to pick yet. I like Laejarn, and am glad she's back on a banner (I failed with my free pull) but she also taking orbs away from the legendary banner, since I also want 2 red units from that. Grr. Legendary banner lasts 4 more days, so I'll focus on that first, since the other one is 9 more days.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:55 pm

I was naughty and redeemed my arena orbs at work, and did a pull. Got legendary Ryoma right away! So, I think I'm done. The chances of getting Hrid tomorrow with the few orbs I have is unlikely, especially now that his color is competing with 2 units I already have. Between Ryoma and Legendary Lucina, though, I'm not mad that I didn't get him.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Very nice, I'm still saving for Christmas banners. I don't actually have any of the three units on red and they'd all be pretty cool to get... but not enough to potentially miss a fun Christmas character.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:34 pm

I just know that with my former Christmas and Halloween luck, I probably won't get anyone on the banner even if I throw 600 orbs at it. (Won't stop me from trying this year if I like them, but I'm not getting my hopes up).

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:06 am

Team Leavatein is doing decently. Pretty much 50/50 with Gunnthra every time I check, so it'll be a literal toss up. Who did you guys choose?

The new list of units getting a weapon refine is underwhelming to me. It's mostly people I've never even upgraded, granted, they are the most in need of an update to stay relevant. The only ones I have at 5-star are Est and male Robin, but even then, I have way better flying spear units and blue mages.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am

I'll follow yer team choices like before. Leavatein is the best of these characters anyway.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am

I'm team Helbindi, but if fire bro loses to "bored, bored, bored" then I'll come join y'all on Laevatein.

I'll have a look at these weapon refines, I trained up Odin Dark because his weapon/animation seemed fun.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:37 pm

I would've gone for Ylgr, but I'll join the cause.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:34 pm

If you guys are just joining the first round now, you're late!

Just checked and there's 27 minutes left of round one and Laevatein is in a very narrow lead... which means Gunnthra will win due to multipliers. Oh well.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Pfft, Gunnthra. That jabroni, that ham 'n' egger, who'd she ever beat? The answer is no one 'cause she dead

died from being so boring

zzz

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:07 pm

Yeah, I agree that she's boring. I tried really hard to get her for the longest time since I wanted a wind legendary. I got her, and I barely use her. She's not strong enough to one-shot enough units (maybe mine has bad IVs though?) and she dies in like one hit all the time. Even on the wind maps, I hesitate to use her, because I don't know if her legendary bonus is worth the risk of having her on the maps where no one is allowed to die.

I have legendary Lucina to fill that wind gap now, thankfully.

But, again with the multiplier and with Gunnthra being a "good guy" and also a legendary, I won't be surprised if Laevatein loses.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Looks like Nifl won 4/4, so I'm moving onto team BoredBoredBored Ylgr.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Mine still says "calculating," but I trust you. That sucks. I didn't think that the FE fandom was so boring that the "good guys" would win every round right away. Fuck. Now I barely even care. I mean, Fjorm is fine, but she's also a given...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:37 pm

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm

That music seems real incongruous, FEH got metal :pac

Story seems like at least Sharena but potentially everyone except Alfonse dies and then Alfonse goes to Helheim to try to get them back. A free flier unit seems fun, but Mythic Heroes seperate from Legendary Heroes... I don't really see the point. More banners I guess :pacdown

Beast units seem cool?