[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:55 pm

In a practically invisible protest of Anna being left out again, I've put the Christmas antlers on her and she's solo defending my Aether Keep. Hopefully the second Christmas accessory is a santa hat so I can upgrade her look. I'm even tempted to pull for Christmas!Chrom, just so I can steal his sack of gifts and give it to Anna and make her a Christmas unit. I think he's a good unit though, so I'd prob just keep him :pac

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:21 am

The other accessory is a mochi thing, so New Years related. A Santa hat would have been fun, though.

I looked at the top people for aether raids lately and one unit was a +10 Surtr with Chrom's Sack. I wouldn't want to sacrifice Christmas Chrom either, but this dude clearly has money to burn on orbs.

Speaking of, I spent my last ticket and all my free orbs trying for Lewyn. My % is almost 6, so it's very tempting to buy orbs and keep going, but I won't. Sucks that the TT is tomorrow, since that's a quick way to earn them.

Edit: Just ran into a CYL Hector with Galeforce in AR. What the fucking shit!? I still somehow almost won. Also, day 5's reward is a light blessing, so I guess that's how we can get some mythic blessings.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:00 pm

I somehow managed to get 2 Ophelias with my free tickets, not quite sure what to do about that - the most interesting build I saw was one that used special spiral to keep her pre-combat AOE always ready. That would require me to burn orbs on pulling for Lewyn though, and I'd probably rather wait for last year's Christmas units.

Also why no Santa Hat! It's like the easiest accessory! It doesn't have to fit everyone smoothly! They already skipped out on Witch Hats and Kitty Ears when they could have, it's like they're holding back the best ones :shibe

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:28 am

Christmas banners are up. 200 orbs in and I got W!Robin (+HP/-ATK) and W!Tharja (+ATK/-SPD). With 140 orbs left I'm not sure if I should keep going, and on which banner...

... I put the rest of my orbs into the new banner, all on colourless and all I got was a 5.75% pity rate :pacdown It is around for a month at least so I can keep trying because ATK bane Robin is 46 ATK, boon Tharja is 49 so potentially I can make a Christmas armor team around getting everyone to 49 ATK. Even W!Cecilia is 47 ATK so I can get her there.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:14 am

Lucky! Haven't tried yet because I'm still just under 20 orbs. I did my free pulls and got nothing, though. Playing through the paralogues makes me want the new Fae because she gets tough to kill. And yeah, Winter Cecelia is an armored ranged unit, so even though I'm disappointed that she's a dagger user, she'll fill a useful niche for me.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 am

Yeah i’ve Been doing the new chapters with the Askr trio and Veronica, and when I went to hit Fae I was like what do you mean no one does any damage to her!?

She’s low on my priority list though because Grima is already a green armoured dragon and he has DC built in. Fae is cute though!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:25 pm

None of this year's Christmas units interest me that much, so I'm going after last year's, particularly a merge or two for my W!Tharja 'cause she's basically killdozer and hasn't left my armour team all year.

I'm kinda glad they made W!Cecilia the Tempest freebie. Even as a dagger, she's probably easily a straight upgrade over her usual vanilla green tome version that's been around since launch.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:34 pm

I just realized the new Eirika was also armored, making her the first and currently only armored healer. That would also fill a nice niche for me.

I pulled on both banners and of course I got 3 star vanilla versions of Fae and Tharja when I was going for their alts. Like, come on, game, that's rude.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Who the hell is Mist, and why is my 5*, and not Eirika?!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Ah, she's an older unit, from Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance. Ike's sister. But yeah, sorry. She sucks.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Dammit. I was hoping she was at least useful.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 pm

I think she's been around since launch. So yeah, back in the day, maybe, but there are so many better staff users now. If you picked Veronica in the last CYL, there's no contest.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:37 am

Any good for voring?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:02 am

Spur Def/Res 2 maybe?

She's got a refinable staff, so that must have been in a more recent update that I didn't pay attention to, so that's something going for her now, I guess. The same site I linked has a FTP tier list that I use, and she shares the bottom spot for staff users, along with vanilla Lissa and Lachesis.

That said, the tier list hasn't been updated since the Halloween banner. Maybe they got overwhelmed with all the new units and the fact that GHB/TT units can theoretically be +10 now. And with that, I can't imagine Mist ever getting any better overtime.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:19 pm

I too was just pity broken by Mist. Back to low draw rates for me :pac

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:19 am

Went for W!Tharja again and got pity broken (at 3% still, so does it even count?) with a neutral IV Leagjarn. I ain't mad. I wanted her anyway.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:18 pm

So, I feel stupid. I had no idea that the lunatic level chain challenges gave orbs as rewards. I've missed out on so many FTP orbs so far. Granted, I'm having trouble with some of the hard level chain challenges, so I don't know how many I can feasibly earn, but at least I can try some. That'll help with these banners.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:20 am

Pity broken again on the Christmas banner, this time with Saber. He got a weapon refine recently, so I guess he's not as bad as he used to be. Still, not as excited about this one. I only seem to get pity broken like this during holiday banners...

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:22 pm

is this one of the six or seven hundred Azuras already in FEH or a new one

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 4549305344

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:24 pm

Thor, that's a new one, which is ridiculous, because we just got her FTP alt, who is actually good, and the old New Year banner is about to be resurrected, so we'll have one of her alts there. Thor damn. That said, I am loving the extra effect of that dance skill, and at least this will be the first time she's a blue mage. I might go for her only because of that dance effect.

My usual analysis:
Blue: I want that Azura anyway, fuck it. Fjorm (meh... but, having a new one could fix my merged Fjorm in FTP guides issue), Summer Camilla (wouldn't be mad if I got her).
Green: Flying Nino (want), Leg Hector (have), Helbindi (don't need, also we just had another banner with him!?)
Colorless: Summer Takumi (already have), Veronica (already have), Eir (Yay, at least it's not Female Grima! But we also *just* had a banner with her).
Red: Summer kid Tiki (def want), Leg Marth (need), Alt Flora (need)

So, looks like I'm pulling red. I'm doing the same on the old Christmas banner so man, I have a lot of shit red fodder right now. Blue will be my backup.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:12 am

A datamine is showing that the New Years banner is again, nothing but alts (though I suppose that's normal for all Holiday banners). This time, Nifl and Muspell royalty. Fjorm is finally getting an alt, before Anna, no less. I'm a sucker for Laevatain so I'll probably go for her, though Fjorm is a green archer and that's a niche I can fill. Hmm.

Edit: 1 of those 5 new alts is a TT reward. Hoping that's Fjorm. She's actually a *flying* green bow. Makes the most sense for her to be the free unit, too.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:30 am

So Laegjarn is the free unit. Glad I got her normal alt recently. But, judging by these new skills, I think I want Fjorm and Hrid the most. Laevatein is cute, but doesn't bring much to the table here in comparison.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:49 am

It's weird to have Tempest Trials so close together, but I like the rewards, and I'm off this week, so I'll slog through.

I did tons of quests for orbs and my draw rate is 10% on that legendary banner. Feels insulting at this point. Not stopping until I get *something,* and at least this one is lasting longer than usual, it seems like.

No luck with my free pulls or ticket on either New Year banner, either. In other words, my luck hasn't changed.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:50 am

(Am I the only one still playing? Sorry for all the duplicate posts).

Backed NY!Fjorm in the voting gauntlet. Got NY!Fjorm as my free ticket summon! Yesterday I also got a 5* from the free ticket, but it was a duplicate Katarina. Not sure what to do with her, as I don't use her enough to merge her, but her skills aren't that great, either.

Unfortunately, that luck isn't carrying over to the legendary banner, where I'm at a 10.5% 5* draw rate and still only getting 3* units.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:19 pm

I got Obra Dinn'd for a couple days, but I'll get back into the swing of things soon enough.

I may as well back Fjorm as well. Haven't had much luck on summons in a while unless you count pity breakers. I'm guessing that's how I ended up with Nina and the flying Olivia? Can't even remember now.