[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:36 pm

I was playing while overseas, just not posting here so much. I'm pretty meh on the whole legendary banner this time around, I'm still trying to get Christmas!Eirika to try and build a everyone-has-the-same-attack-everyone-gets-buffed Christmas team. Pity rate is now 5.5% and if I get someone else I'm probably done trying.

Since I got pity broken by Nina earlier when drawing on this banner, I'm considering builds for her also. Apparently her optimal build is with a firesweep bow which is only on 5-star locked Faye (don't have) so I don't really have much plans except maybe a brave bow.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:48 pm

I'm also backing Fjorm, so that's cool. I haven't been focusing on FEH so much, but I still pop in most days.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Delthazar wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:19 pm
Haven't had much luck on summons in a while unless you count pity breakers. I'm guessing that's how I ended up with Nina and the flying Olivia? Can't even remember now.
Neither one have been in recent banners, so that's likely the case, unless you've had them sitting around a while.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:57 am

Got my summer Tiki, so I can finally stop throwing orbs at this legendary banner.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Nice! I got Winter!Eirika too, so I'm back to orb saving now.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Side note I really like Christmas!Tharja's voice work. At first I was like "normal girl" is a weird prefix for this outfit, but her VA forcing "good daaay" and "huzzah" is some top notch work as she apparently tries to impress Robin with faux niceness. Also one of her selection lines is "whaaaat" through gritted teeth, she's clearly having trouble with this persona.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:27 pm

Damn, I still want her really bad. I threw a few orbs at that banner for her today since I had a higher draw rate from before the legendary banner began. Got pity broken a 3rd time, this time with a duplicate Siegbert. It's just not meant to be, I guess.

But now I have a lot of 5* fodder laying around. Siegbert has Deathblow 3, but I'm not sure who to give it to. Helbindi has that weird arena infantry skill, which I don't think I'll put to good use, or Infantry Pulse 3. Katarina has Swift Sparrow 2. Or I can just merge them all and call it a day *¯\_(ツ)_/¯*

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:43 am

Going for Azura, pitty broken with Tropical Beauty! Camilla. I'll take it!

Edit: And another. No Azura for me.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 pm

I did the free draw on that new banner with L'Rachel etc, and got my first Innes who wasn't on that banner. Another character that I have no idea what to do with, but a nice surprise.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Heh, all I need is one more L'Rachel to complete my merge project...

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:10 pm

I can't pull Virions for the life of me. It's so sad. I do have a +Whatever Narcian going on though, so that's nice.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:10 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 pm
I did the free draw on that new banner with L'Rachel etc, and got my first Innes who wasn't on that banner. Another character that I have no idea what to do with, but a nice surprise.
Innes was always a pretty good infantry archer. He got a recent weapon refine, too, so he's worth using. That said, flying archers and Bow Lyn obviously outclass him. I use Leon more since he's one of my merge projects, but Innes' refined weapon and resistance are better.

Speaking of merge projects, I only need one more Reinhardt before my +10 Reindaddy is complete.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:02 pm

I didn't realise Innes was one of the special refines, he looks more useful than Jaffar who I tried to build up for a similar role (his voice is very Reaper which is fun).

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:59 pm

Yay, they're all a new type and therefor a novelty. I'd be happy with any of them. Haven't played the game they're in since I've never had a Wii. But, my preference is with Nailah. I have 90ish orbs so woo.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:59 pm
Nailah
hmm...

https://twitter.com/FE_translate/status ... 5665780737

holy shit, yeah, all-in on Nailah. :shibe

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 pm

I mean, not only is her design badass, but she seems the most useful, skill-wise.

It's weird because I see all these Twitter links in Korean but the English bios/skills are definitely out there already, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to find English screenshots to them.

True Perception

Post by True Perception » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:26 pm

They fliers can occupy a taken space?! Is that what I'm seeing there?

Edit: I want all four, but I must have Nailah!

Might have to loop Missy's "She's A Bitch" if I get her...

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:35 pm

True Perception wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:26 pm
They fliers can occupy a taken space?! Is that what I'm seeing there?
No? At least, I watched the video again and re-read the skills and saw no signs of that. Wouldn't even work, I don't think?

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Yeah Nailah is the one I'll pull for 100%, she's kind of ridiculous with slaying wo dao weapon and distant counter. Also gorgeous.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 am

Neutrals

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 5407425537

also get a load of this guy

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 7672660998

are we still in Fire Emblem or did we cross into a Neil Gaiman graphic novel

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:54 am

Hah! Definitely looking forward to Nailah and that free dude seems strong also, which should make phoenixmaster's GHB solutions easier.

Between Veronica, Smol!Azura, Eir, and now Naesala there are a lot of very strong F2P options.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Yeah, really diggin' the free dude.

I have 131 orbs for tomorrow and will only get more with tomorrow's bonuses, new maps (and quests to go with them) and ya know, the tickets (pretty sure they said this banner would have those?). Feelin' pretty good about that. Gonna snipe for Nailah with red as my backup color. The nice thing is with that is that I'm likely to get my last needed Reinhardt in the process. Wouldn't mind a few more Nowis either.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Dude looks like the lovechild of Albert Silverberg and a winger.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 pm

finito

'course just like my +10 Tharja, I've given exactly zero thought towards his skill build, other than filling the empties.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:09 am

Heh, that's how I am with empty slots, too. At least he's got 9999 SP for when you do think about it. Leon is one of my merge projects, too.

The tickets for this new banner are earned through forging bonds rather than login bonuses. I like that. Sets a precedent for more ticket earning quests and options in the future...