[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:54 pm

Yeah them all being mounted on pegasus or horses is weird given the theme, despite all the complaints it would make more sense to make them armour given current trends. How about some infantry though...

In other news, Choose Your Legend 3 is up. They say the big change is that heroes who appear across multiple games are having their different variation votes combined... and yet apparently Anna is only comboed between Shadow Dragon and Mystery Emblem. They're trying to deny us again!

The groundswell (on reddit) around Legendary Anna has everyone voting for Awakening Anna, so y'all jump on this bandwagon and vote vote vote erryday!
https://vote3.campaigns.fire-emblem-her ... oes/111049

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:10 pm

📣 We want Anna 👏👏 👏👏👏

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:01 am

The different time zone has always made me miss a vote or two on these things. I'll have to remember to keep checking the site.

I voted Rinea last night. She did well last round for an NPC, and now that Mikoto is in the game (also an NPC/non-combatant in her original game), there's a precedence.

I'm not the type to vote for the same person 7 times, though. So I'll throw Anna a vote. I'm also thinking: Forrest, Hel (yep, she's an option), Conrad, Python, Keaton.

At least by spreading out my votes, some of those might be in the far-fetched heroes banner later on. Granted, I think Keaton will be in his own beast banner later, so I might replace him with someone else. Maybe Cynthia or Midori.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:31 am

As someone who has still not played any FE outside Heroes, I'm all in on the Anna train.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:36 pm

I was looking at the rankings from last year, and it seems Alm is the highest voted dude that still doesn't have an alt. I'm going to switch one of my votes to him, as he's totally deserving by now. The highest rated women after the 2 winners were of course Camilla and Azura, who have gotten tons of alts since then, and also recently, so I hope people cast their votes elsewhere because we do not need a 7th Camilla.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:28 pm

But it's apparently in Camilla's contract that she is in every second banner for all time. :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 am

Did the paralogues and I like that her weapon is called "Ouch Pouch." Hinoka's colored dagger is also an anti-dragon weapon, so that's nice. I spent my free pull and 4 orbs on the 2 colorless orbs that were in my draw and got nothing, and I'm calling it a day on this banner. Mythic banner is in one week. Seems like a better use of orbs... and that one will probably have tickets, too.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 am

I lucked into Hinoka on my free pull, so I threw some orbs at the rest of the pulls on that draw and nothing. Pretty stoked I got Hinoka though. She is +HP/-SPD which is kinda bad but gift horse etc.

Currently threw her in a team with Alm and Innes as a dragon slayer team.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:27 am

I wish they'd have tickets on all banners or at least all banners featuring new heroes or alts but I can see why they don't. Not that the orb business is really in any danger of collapsing. Pretty sure they made at least $100M just last year.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Yeah, that's a crazy amount. I've been tempted to throw $20 or so at the game every time I've been low on orbs during a banner that I'm interested in, figuring that hey, I've spent every day playing this game for 2 years now and haven't spent a dime on it- it'd be fine to support it now and then, right? But then I look at the prices and can't justify the small amount of orbs $20 buys. Especially if I spent that much and got all garbage- I'd be pissed.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:40 am

I've dropped some money on this game, as a mix between "I'm enjoying this so I'll pay some money to show my appreciation" and "treat any money you spend on gacha as disposed income". Kind of like paying for a fancy meal which isn't necessarily a whole lot better than you could make yourself.

I am in a fiancial position where that's not a big deal though. I buy a bunch of games each year that I don't get around to playing, which technically is more of a waste of money since I got zero fun out of those $$ haha.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:25 pm

Can we talk about the new Camilla? Aside from the funny "Ouch Pouch," she seems awful. I watch a few Youtubers that review new banners and units and even they're saying, "yeah, she's Hone Flier fodder." Her other skill isn't that great I guess (just a stat boost that would be easily inherited from any other mediocre unit). They also mentioned the obvious: that she can't even remotely compete with Eir, the other free knife flying unit.

I also want to talk about this shitty art. Her face is... off-putting. Doesn't even look like her other alts. And while her boobs are always way too large, these ones are even worse, at such a weird, contorted angle. But the worst part: those arms. Look at those fucking disproportionate noodle arms. They are way too thin and awkward for the rest of her build. Who approved this? I also can't tell if that line under her bangs is supposed to be an eyebrow or something else.

I guess after all of the really good free units we've gotten *since* Eir, we're due for a mediocre one.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 pm

Yeah, she looks pretty bad and doesn't really match the style of the other units in this banner... or the other Fates characters in general, her normal self included... or, like, Fire Emblem in general, even. This Camilla looks like she walked out of any random visual novel on Steam.

heh, also, way to accidentally overemphasize her noodle arms, guys. no muscle, dunno how she's even able to hold up her own breasts. gotta be a pain on her back and her forearms, poor thing.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Delthazar wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 pm
random visual novel on Steam.
I doubt it was on purpose, but given the hot springs banner, I liked this accidental(?) pun.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:07 pm

oh, speaking of noodle arms, I've always been a little bothered by Effie, since she's an armour unit and all. how does she move any of the heavy-ass gear she's using?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:54 pm

That could be said of any female armor unit, though. Amelia is also tiny. And well, we've got people like Christmas Tharja who are clearly not *actually* wearing armor. Really, most seasonal armor units don't look like they're wearing armor. Armor is weird in this series.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:12 am

Yeah for whatever raisin it seems most of the cavalry units are wearing the most visual armour. At least Naesala looks buff as fuck.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:11 am

Current results show Alm and Marth for the guys, and Camilla (UGH) and Michaiah for the girls. I'm down for Alm and Michaiah. At least this makes it easier for me to narrow down my free choice... I don't even know what else they can *do* for Camilla at this point, but at least if she wins, she's out of the running for next year.

Edit: For the farfetched heroes this time around, looks like we'll finally get Selkie, now that beasts are actually in the game. Not a huge pool on the girl's side otherwise since almost everyone else is already in Heroes. For the guys, it seems like the Heroes OCs are on top.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:16 pm

It's a shame that once again the Annas are split between Heroes and Awakening Annas. Perhaps they'll take the hint and finally give us some Anna alts.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:42 am

Decided to throw orbs at this hot springs banner after all. I noticed in the TT that Sakura was pretty tough, and her heals are ranged. However, I got pity broken by Takumi (wrong banner, bro). At least that's Close Counter fodder without me having to spend 20k feathers on the free one we got earlier last year. I'm waiting until I get an armored mage before I use it, though.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:12 pm

There's a bunch of units I could use close counter on, like Halloween Kagero. Perhaps I should throw some orbs at that Takumi for that.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm

*Cries because my only ranged armored unit is the free Cecilia and there's been debate about it being not worth it to give it to her*

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:02 pm

Welp, at least that freebie Cecilia is probably somewhat better than the launch freebie Cecilia. :pacdown
Falcon Critical wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:12 pm
There's a bunch of units I could use close counter on, like Halloween Kagero. Perhaps I should throw some orbs at that Takumi for that.
If you managed to get Christmas Tharja, she can do a ton of work with Close Counter, assuming you want to build her for enemy phase duty.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Christmas Tharja comes with it.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:03 pm

Yeah I already have close counter on Christmas!Tharja, but she's good enough that I'm not gonna vore her for it. I've vored two Takumis so Halloween!Henry and regular Kagero have inherited it, yet I have a few tanky ranged units like Halloween!Kagero and Odin that could use it real nice.