[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:21 am

I actually beat the highest difficulty of the new bound hero battle without having to resort to PM1's guides! Granted, Surtr was involved, but I still did it on my own, damn it.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:28 am

Oh I didn't notice there was a new one, I'll take a look.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Beat Narcian's map with all cavalry units finally. Only about one week left to do those quests. I have 3 unfinished (all for all-cavalry teams) but only 2 have orbs, so I don't care about Robin's as I'm never gonna merge her.

Also beat all of the blessed gardens and grounds except for one Earth map. It's frustrating only having one left...

I'm not too psyched about the upcoming voting gauntlet as none of the characters involved are really my favorites. I guess I'll start with Gerome, since a lot of my internet friends love him.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:20 pm

You managed to pull together 3 teams in every element for the grounds? Yikes,I gave up once Eir came out and light blessings started spreading my blessings even further apart.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Yeah, though I only gave some units light blessings for those quests that came out a few weeks ago. They're good units that I'd like to use for the other elemental grounds, but I don't want to put the light blessings to waste in case they become something more later on...

Also, finally:

For the record, the team shown normally has my young summer Tiki (with a light blessing) which works much better with the 2 beasts in the team, but I had to make it work with the Earth blessings only.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:27 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status ... 2899589126

Whoa, whoa... our next Mythic hero is... Duma? Wasn't expecting a villain. But hey, Echoes! And also finally another colorless dragon. (2 new/unique skills too but I can't read Japanese nor can I find an English video yet).

My typical mythic/legendary banner review:
Colorless: Yay Duma (want), Summer Linde (meh), Loki (want)
Red: Legendary Ike (would only want because my merged one messes up FTP guides), Laegjarn (have), Legendary Eirika (want)
Blue: Festival Ryoma (wouldn't mind getting but not gonna try for), Legendary Tiki (want), Kliff (want)
Green: Legendary Lyn (don't have but am not particularly going for), Festival Elincia (want), CYL Ephraim (want!!!)

So yeah, for me personally, it looks like green and blue are clear choices. I don't want the Leg Eirika enough to risk duplicates, and while the colorless side also has 3 people I don't have yet, the blue and green options are more appealing. That said, I might just roll whole 20 rounds on this banner, since I literally only have 2 of the possibilities.

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 am

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:39 am

Interesting AR unit, though that C skill seems kinda meh on defense - most teams have heal towers which would just heal everyone right back up that turn 1 damage. On offense you'd just put him in the same column as the defense heal tower, but they could stack defense structures in that column to try and avoid the heal break.

Then again, between his weapon and def/res solo he has +6/+12 defenses so you could just throw savage blow on him and throw him forward, watching everyone fail to double him.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:06 am

Got my Festival Elincia with my first and only green orb pull!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 am

My free pull was Summer!Linde, and it's made me think about crazy combos like Halloween!Kagero or Christmas!Cecilia using the desperation weapon with armour stats and bold fighter.

Still have 70 odd orbs, not sure whether I keep dropping on this banner - hopefully Duma isn't as evasive on Legendary banners as Grima has been for me in colourless pulls.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:23 pm

It's something!

I spent around 100 orbs, give or take (hard to say since I've earned some in between spending) and ended up with CYL Ephraim too, which is nice, because I wanted him the most. So, 2 of my most wanted units down, not bad for day one. I'm orb broke now, though, so I'm thinking of calling it a day and saving up for Love Abounds 2 (and possibly 1 depending on how good they are, since I'd like that armored mage Lyn). That said, it's tempting to snipe blue for Tiki and Kliff...

Edit: UGH super annoyed that almost none of PM1's solutions work for me on these legendary battles due to my Ike and Fjorm being merged, and my Lyn having different IVs.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:14 pm

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 3096840192

Results are in. We got Alm (not surprised, and well deserved!) and Eliwood (a lot of people I know wanted him) and then Camilla (I blame the trolls, but you know what, at least she's out of future runnings, and it narrows down my choice more easily) and Micaiah (cool). What sucks is that if Anna's vote wasn't split, she'd have won. Sorry, guys.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:26 pm

#JusticeForAnna

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:41 pm

I'm reading some comments now and remembering when the salt last year was, "oh no, Hector won but has a Love Abounds alt coming! And Celica won and just had the fell alt! If we had known we'd never have voted for characters that already have one alt!" (This was before legendary Hector).

And now it's all, "lol 7th Camilla."

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:59 am

I just hope that although Anna didn't make the top two, the devs realise how much support she has and give us some Anna alts. Like, she doesn't need to be a brave hero - just give us a fun alt!Anna!

In other news I feel like I'm falling off FEH a bit, so I'm prob gonna drop to just logging on occasionally rather than every day.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:36 am

Now's a bad time to drop off, as it's a new month (i.e. quests, but I guess you can just do the ones with orbs as rewards) and the 2nd anniversary, so there's daily special maps for 2 orbs each, lots of login bonuses, and we get 3 free heroes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujbo0-ejx7I&t=679s

Basically, this first round of free heroes is all the seasonal units from year 1. I pulled red since there were only 4 options in that color, so a 25% chance of Christmas Tharja. I got Halloween Nowi. Good enough.

Gonna have to make a list of the units in year two to figure out what color I'm going to go for. It would be nice if we could just... choose one, but oh well.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Heh. Not even Feh gets the summon she wants.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Oh shit, these new dragonflowers sound like a big deal, even if they have limited uses.

me thinkin' 'bout boosting my +10 merges further beyond their current stats

and they're strengthening first-time merges with the next update, too. so y'all who've been holding off on merge projects will get a little bump when you start.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Got Summer!Gaius with the first 5 star guarantee, I like it because I was lacking in shirtless men.

I wonder if this new colour voting allows us to vote for the Askr trio, we could force them to give us Askr merges :pac

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Banners with 5* guarantees like these should really be forced to stop randomizing the colour selections. I was planning on rollin' red and got zero reds. Figures.

So I went blue and got a Summer Robin, which I already had, so that's a kinda pointless merge at some point I guess.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 am

Falcon, who were you hoping for with that colorless pull? Just curious.
But yeah, the Askr trio thing just doubles our vote for whoever else we picked (if we even find them in the minigame) as said by the FEH channel. So no, I don't think we can vote for them directly.

Sorry about your meh pull, Del :(

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:33 am

I saw Halloween!Jakob on the image so I figured I might as well have a go at rolling for him. I didn't have any strong desires though.

Prob going green on the next 5 star banner, Spring!Sharena or Halloween!Kagero merges would be nice.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Ah, I still want Halloween Jakob.

I did the math for the second banner and it seems like pulling blue is my best bet to avoid duplicates and/or units that would disappoint me. Really want Halloween Niles or LA Lyn. But LA Lyn's banner is about to come back, too.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:50 pm

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 1901721600

We get a Soren alt finally! This must have been planned before he did so well in CYL 3, but I'm happy for him. Now I'm conflicted. Sitting at 79 orbs right now. A daily banner with vanilla Micaiah is coming, and I planned on pulling that, but now with Soren being blue and LA!Lyn also being blue and that banner coming back, I could end up with her as a pity breaker in the process. I still want that hot springs Sakura, too, and that banner has an increased draw rate for me right now.

And, let's not forget the banner with the 4 characters we vote for, coming on the 24th(?). I imagine those will all be great units, so I want orbs for that too...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:52 pm

I'm impressed we're getting a 3/4 male banner (seems like it's been a while) but at the same time none of them are leaping out at me. I guess this Greil fellow founded the merc group, I didn't know it was based on a fella.