[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:00 pm

He's Ike's dad, and well...
Spoiler :
He dies in the beginning. If I remember correctly, he might be playable for a tutorial map, but that's like it. I do like that they're adding characters that aren't normally in the main rosters of the games they're from/playable at all.
I also appreciate that the banner is mostly male and Twitter seems to like that as well. I generally don't even notice the gender disparities unless it's obvious, like the bridal banner (Still hoping for groom Berkut and bride Rinea this year). Last year's Love Abounds was more male too though, now that I'm thinking about it (Hector, Eliwood, and Roy vs. Lyn and Lillina). But I know you're talking about the summons and not the free unit, so yeah, that skews it to 3/4 vs last year's 50/50.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:24 pm

These new heroic ordeals are fun! Haven't actually used any dragon flowers yet, though.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:18 pm

I liked the new quests of "complete fight with 2 or fewer characters". I'll look for these Heroic Ordeals.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:44 pm

Yeah, I got those quests done on day one with minimal effort, but now I'm getting frustrated with the ordeals that involve the newer heroes for 40 flowers as a reward. The ones with the old heroes that only gift 2 flowers are a cinch... and I only did those when I posted. Not so fun now that I'm ready to throw my phone because I can't beat Naesala and Leanna's maps...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 am

Yeah some of the maps are ROUGH, I did the Spring!Sharena map and one of the opponents was Sigurd. Colour advantage and practically immune to magic and basically impossible to kite, not fun! I'll prob just stick to the 40s, I have Naesala and Camilla left, but both aren't 40 yet.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Three Houses apparently now has a Spring 2019 launch window according to a Nintendo financial report someone elsewhere mentioned but didn't link to so I can't doublecheck (pfft.)

So, uh, I guess it could be out as early as somewhere in April if they wanna be on the other side of the fiscal. May feels like a safer bet. "Spring 2019" instead of a hard date means they're probably being careful just in case it slips into the early summer.

It would be nice to get a Switch and Three Houses for my birthday though so I'm fine with it sliding into early June. :pac (The longer it takes, the better the chances of the cheaper Switch Lite model or whatever being out by then, too.)

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:45 am

Hmm, yeah I'm still waiting on a Switch price drop. My next monetary project is building a real desktop, since I've only had laptops since... 2006? Something like that. The list of games I want on the damn Switch is growing ever longer, though.

I got my Hot Springs Sakura so now I never have to look at that dumb banner again. I figure the uniqueness of a flying staff unit was better for my roster than 3/4 of the options offered by the new Valentine's banner. As much as I love Soren, when am I ever going to choose him over my +9 Reinhardt? I have tons of green cavalry units as well, so no interest in Mist, and Griel is similar enough to other armored axe units that I have a ton of. Hell, I just got CYL Ephraim not too long ago. But I am interested in that armored Ike, since BK is really my only armored red option right now and his res sucks.

But I'm going to pull for LA!Lyn when the revival banner comes back first. Hopefully I get my last Reinhardt in the process.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Got a pity breaker off the free summon on one of these meh daily banners and it's... another Camilla? So soon after the latest Camilla in the last Tempest? Weird timing.

I guess there are so many Camilla alts at this point I've straight up forgotten some of them even exist and that they ain't all seasonal. For whatever it's worth I like this design a lot more than most of her others.

But she's gonna be my only flying tome other than the free Aversa whom I only managed to get at 3* so maybe she'll find a niche somewhere, I dunno. If I really need a flying mage I can probably get more outta my Halloween Mia, even with a staff instead of a tome.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:33 am

I do really like the Dream!Character designs, I still want Corrin. Pulled the only green in my circle, and it was LA!Hector - and +DEF/-SPD which is pretty great too. Didn't really need another Hector, but gift horses and all that.

By the way, you should go into settings and turn on "Asset/Flaw Color Display", it will make +stats light blue and -stats light red, so you can easily tell what IVs you have.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:53 am

Well, I was going to pull blue on the year 2 banner, but ended up with 3 colorless and 2 green orbs as options... Green would have left me with a 50/50 duplicate chance, while colorless only 1/9th. But the 50% in green that I didn't have were units I mostly wanted. I picked a random number generated number for even more randomness and ended up with LA!Roy. That's cool, it's like having another Bow Lyn without violating the duplicate rule. I'll throw him a blessing that my Lyns don't have, so now I've got one on almost every blessing team.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:47 pm

I didn't have much idea who to pull for on this one so I went blue thinking I may as well try for that Cordelia or whatever, and...

game must've heard me talkin' mess 'bout her noodle arms, my last three 5* units have been Camillas if you include the Tempest freebie

suddenly I have enough Camillas for a full team, which is more than I have Tharjas or Lyns, somehow (but there may only be three Tharjas still unless you count Rhajat, I can't remember.)
Falcon Critical wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:33 am
By the way, you should go into settings and turn on "Asset/Flaw Color Display", it will make +stats light blue and -stats light red, so you can easily tell what IVs you have.
:stare

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Game 's trying to tell you something. Or, just threaten you. One or the other.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Wow... that's... something.

And yeah, only 3 Tharjas, unless you count Rhajat.

I'm taking advantage of the double SP right now and grinding units I've long forgotten about to complete their skill sets. Many of these units existed before the blessings, so they didn't get as much SP leveling up and my newer ones do. Vanilla Marth is a lot better than I remember him being.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 am

Damn you, pity breakers! I've been anticipating the daily banner with vanilla Micaiah, and this is the only one I've invested in beyond the free pull. Most pulls didn't contain a blue orb at all (much like my luck with the free unit yesterday) and in the end, with only 15 orbs left, I was pity broken with Myrrh. So, I guess I have a +2 Myrrh now, because she's a good unit, but doesn't really have any fodderable skills.

At least the daily bonuses and TT will help me build the reserves back up, for when last year's Valentine's banner returns... if it returns, at this rate.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Sorta thought a V-Day banner would be up by now, they're cutting it pretty close if there's still one planned.

Got a random Fell Dude Robin last night pulling on the hot springs banner. He seems okay, but probably not as useful as the Dudette version I've already had on standby for like a year. Anyway, two green pulls later I finally got the Hot Springs Hinoka, so I'm done there.

All those Camillas and now the new Hinoka means I'm lousy with flyers over here.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 pm

The new one is up, just not the old one, which is what I'm more interested in. I did notice that when they re-ran holiday banners, they were a few days behind the new ones, but I didn't think it was this long.

Male Fell Robin is better than the female version, in my option, even though he's not a legendary. He's armored rather than flying, so his distant counter gets more use. That said, I haven't used mine in a while, despite my avatar, because you know, Surtr.

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Did someone say Camilla Emblem?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:42 pm

And that picture is still missing the dream variant that Del just got, as well as the free Hot Springs one. Can't even imagine what the CYL version will be since I feel like they've done everything at this point.

The only 1 character teams I can make at this point are Takumi (all colorless, so needless to say, I didn't get very far when I tried it out for fun) and Lucina (haven't actually tried that yet since my vanilla Lucina has been untouched for ages).

True Perception
My hole was almost closed, too, but now I've spread it back open / I could even be comfortable bareback!

Post by True Perception » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Hmm. I have 5 Camillas, so I could do that. I have Dreams Camilla, though, instead of whichever one you have in the fourth slot. None of them are level 40, and only three are 5*.

Edit: And, they're all flying! I didn't realize. Hope they don't come across any archers...

Thunderhead
Typical ninja stealth costuming. / Nebula Coffee Company COO

Post by Thunderhead » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm

I have Hot Springs Camilla, just not Dream Camilla.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:52 pm

I run Iote's Shield on Regular!Camilla since she has solid mixed tanking stats it makes her pretty resistent. Especially when you factor in her weapon and flier buffs.

F!Grima continues to evade me, despite being on every Legendary banner. One of these days. Still kinda meh on the whole thing right now, thinking I'll take a break soon.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Yeah, found out yesterday when I was bored that vanilla Camilla is really not bad at all for an old unit. I don't have the dew for her weapon refine, though.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 am

Vanilla Camilla might actually be one of my very early merges I never got around to continuing, probably still at +1 or +2. She can be kinda scary when her x4 weapon procs.

I put all the Camillas on an Aether defense squad 'cause why not. I don't think I have four versions of any other character yet.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:00 am

Today's daily banner has male Grima, who you got recently. I got B!Ike as a free pull on that banner instead. Not a focus unit, and not a unit I wanted or needed. And I think my "luck" ran dry on that, because my attempts at Lyn on the Valentine banner that's finally back have resulted in either no blue options, and/or 3-star trash pulls.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:36 am

My current Aether defense is Nina spying on Alfonse/Silas and Soleil/Ophelia. It doesn't win but it's fun. The other team I was considering was Bartre/Karla/Fir for some family time.