[Civilization] CANADA THOUGH

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Civilization] CANADA THOUGH

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 am

Janissaries consuming a unit of population is a weird drawback, especially when it doesn't happen in conquered cities. I wonder if this is exploitable against AI Suileman, squeeze his cities to make him train Janissaries and nerf his own population.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:52 am

That sounds like it could be a pretty viable tactic, yeah. Unless the Ottoman AI is getting specific adjustments, I kinda doubt the overall game AI in Civ VI weighs population when producing units unless it's a Settler, and even then, maybe not? I don't usually watch them that closely during land grab phases.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:53 pm

In Civ-adjacent news, Jon Shafer's At The Gates is out. I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on it, plus supposedly it's going up with some AI problems, but I can't wait to hear the reactions from the more-hardcore-than-I-am Civ community, which kinda always seems to be at war with one another over various strategy game minutiae.

At the very least it's gonna be a fun couple weeks of Austin/Rob Waypoint Radio content.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:02 pm

I saw PC Gamer gave it a 57 which has made me hold off till I see more coverage.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Oh yeah, Phoenicia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faKFEv7gO_g

Sounds like a strong maritime civ in the short-term and more of a generalist in the long-term. Could be fun to put 'em in the same game as Maori and see who rules the coasts - and who survives climate change.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:54 pm

That 'naval units fully heal in one turn' sounds pretty hot and moving the capital seems like an interesting mechanic.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 pm

There's a video out now about the environmental changes and effects. Between these and the future era technologies being random it looks like they're making the normally stale endgame more dynamic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWaqM4C-Z7M

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Stale or slogging endgame has been a problem in Civ since the beginning, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much of an impact all this has. I feel like randomized 21st century techs/civics will go a long way on its own. (Alpha Centauri-ish seasteads, yikes.)

It's a little amazing Civ went this long without adding some kind of power mechanic. I hope we don't have to wait all the way 'til the equivalent 20th century for green options, though; it's not like wind/hydro/solar came out of nowhere just in the last 100 years.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:39 am

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:54 am

That's pretty cool, we knew already that there would be leader choices separate from civs, but one leader that can run two civs is pretty cool.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:39 pm

Some cool music production stuff and cultural details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXOFlRjbDxU

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:45 am

hell yeah nice long QL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXGr7wm1Duw

dunno when I'll pick this up, $50 :can is pretty steep for an expansion, even a huge expansion, but chances are I'll grab it before the end of the year a la last year's expac.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:51 am

Look I know the QL fakes out 10 minutes in with someone getting tied up, don't try and play me.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:54 am

This is an extremely good deep-dive. Give it a watch if y'all have an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0aEO7CrxM