[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Falcon Critical wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Not quite, despite how dangerous the game was to your caravan your characters couldn't die in combat, they'd just take wounds. You only lost characters via out of combat choices.
Man, my memory of Banner Saga is all over the place. Gotta plan another streaming series I'll never start or finish, that'll take care of it. :pac

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:34 pm

The tutorialization in Blazing Blade goes on a lot longer than I expected. But I guess that makes sense if this is the game that introduced Fire Emblem to the west.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUAyQ8AK6r8

RIP my orbs. I'm at 0 right now, still going for LA!Lyn with no pity breaker as of yet, so I'm going to pull there until my rate goes back down to 3%. But we have that voting banner coming up, which I'd like to pull on if I don't get Halloween Myrrh for free, and there's the current Valentine's banner, and then a legendary/mythic (forgot which) coming like a day after the voting one... but I want all the beasts!

I was regretting sniping for Nailah and figured, "shit, should have gone for Tibarn" seeing how good he is now, and loving the flying movement bonuses, but then I figured, "well, more land-locked beasts will be coming soon" and here they are, so Nailah won't be left behind in the dust with only flying beasts now.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Ahh here I was about to give up and they're giving us Panne in GHB! I must have her as Spring!Sharena's super bun bun pal!

Also cavalry beasts!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Yeah, kind of confused as to why they're cavalry when they're not horses nor on horses, but I guess they need to spread the movement speeds for beasts out, and we have a bunch of flying ones already, so...

Definitely curious to see how armored beasts will eventually be implemented.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:59 pm

And I was just pity broken with a 5 star Silas... who I didn't even realize could be 5 star from a non-focus anymore, since he was demoted. Done with that banner and I'll save for the others now, but I'm down to a single orb :/

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm tempted to stockpile orbs for the inevitable Three Houses banner(s) just to hopefully guarantee myself an Edelgard.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:59 am

Same, but there's too much good stuff now... this must be how they sucker money out of the people who purchase orbs... but I'm going to an expensive show tonight and I still need to pay off my computer, so I can easily talk myself out of the temptation... for now.

At least there's a forging bonds coming up, and there's also summon tickets, so I can get a break on the beast banner with those. The trend now seems to be a forging bonds with summon tickets for new normal heroes that are released, so I guess that's an incentive to save more orbs for the seasonal banners.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:25 am

The world really wants me to have quick riposte 3 fodder, because while Dierdre wasn't exactly my free pull on the beast banner, she may as well have been. Oh well, can't call it a pity breaker if I was still at 3%, so I'm going to keep going. Come on, tickets!

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 pm

I started doing the bond building event, mostly because the accessories are super cute this time. I should make a auto-battle team so I can grind it without paying too much attention.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:46 pm

I got Selkie with my free pull. +Atk/-Def, too. So I guess the orb stockpiling continues. :pac

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Has anyone else messed around with Dolphin enough to have some idea how to solve weird graphical bugs? I assume the whole "floor" of maps vanishing into a black abyss is the fault of Dolphin and not Path of Radiance.

(Checking the status screen of any character turns it back to normal, but I'd rather it not happen at all.)

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Delthazar wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:46 pm
I got Selkie with my free pull. +Atk/-Def, too. So I guess the orb stockpiling continues. :pac
Bastard... Selkie is my favorite and most wanted of the bunch, but at the same time, we already got Naesala (blue) as a free unit, Panne (blue) is an incoming free unit, and I sniped for Nailah, so... I need red and green beasts. But, since each color is represented in this banner, I've been pulling full rounds. Nothing yet.
Delthazar wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:19 pm
Has anyone else messed around with Dolphin enough to have some idea how to solve weird graphical bugs? I assume the whole "floor" of maps vanishing into a black abyss is the fault of Dolphin and not Path of Radiance.

(Checking the status screen of any character turns it back to normal, but I'd rather it not happen at all.)
That's weird. I think it may be your computer or something, because I am also currently playing PoR and have never experienced such an issue. This machine is brand new, but I originally emulated on my bf's old computer in 2013ish (so whatever the new hardware was back then) and didn't have that issue then, either.

Speaking of PoR, I'm pissed that I missed my chance to recruit Lethe. She "retreated" on her guest chapter so I didn't realize that made me lose the opportunity to recruit her, since she didn't actually die. And she only "retreated" because I ordered her to avoid, but her way of "avoiding" was to stay in range of the fucking boss without actually attacking, so... wish I didn't save after that, and my old save is 4 hours back. Fuck that.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:26 pm

I'm guessing it's a bug specific to my particular Dolphin configuration since I'm running it via Retroarch and not as a standalone app, so there's undoubtedly some slight differences. I should see if Radiant Dawn has the same issue.

Gotta keep my eye out for missable characters. That's a wrench thrown in the works kinda unique to Fire Emblem, I can't really think of any other strategy/tactics games which do that, so I'm not quite used to it.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:48 am

Oh duh, my Retroarch was out of date, and its version of the Dolphin core with it, no doubt. Not seeing that bug anymore now that I've updated.

Radiant Dawn is fine too. At least once I figured out the weird Wii-specific control settings. Forget trying to use any of the Wiimote presets 'cause the way they map those buttons to an Xbox or PS4 pad just feels off. Thank fuck there's a Classic Controller option.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:42 am

Blarg, got a Katarina again with one of my summon tickets. Not really a pity breaker since I've still never made the banner above 3%, but that's the second off-focus 5* unit and I've only pulled twice. I have 2 more tickets left, but I need more orbs to pull full rounds, so I'm sitting on them. This time I merged my Katarina to get rid of her bane rather than foddering her off. I need to use her more to get her unique weapon refine.

How are you doing in Path of Radiance, Del? I forgot that babby Sothe was in this game... he's one of the few knife users I actually use in Heroes.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:08 pm

I think the last thing I did in Path of Radiance involved pirates. I'm not very deep in, since I figure I might wanna stream it eventually, so I'll probably also go in relatively cold.

Still, it's enough to figure this asshole archer dude is probably gonna turn heel on me eventually.

Oh, I was given a hand-me-down Galaxy to replace my ancient LG, so this should forever solve my crash issues with FEH. It's not even a current Galaxy (2017 I think) but it's still like... triple the stats of my old LG.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Oh, Shinon? Yeah, he is an asshole and he leaves. But I guess you can recruit him again way later.

I use a Galaxy S9+ now. Came from a 6+ Edge before October and that ran Heroes just fine, despite the poor battery life near the end. Didn't realize you had crash issues. But yeah, a Galaxy from 2017 should do you just fine.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:43 pm

yeah Shinon seems like a dick. heh, it's fun though, finally playing these old FE games and seeing who's found their way into FEH and who hasn't. not a whole lotta love yet for Shinon I guess, unless I missed him in a banner somewhere

Mm, it's a Galaxy A5 to be specific, apparently their mid-range model for that year, so probably somewhere between yer old Edge and yer current Galaxy. The difference in performance and basic-ass colour depth between this Galaxy and my old LG POS is ridiculous. Must be a five-year jump in phone tech.

All that said, I kinda wanna get a tablet and play stuff like FEH on that. Or, hey, Nintendo, port FEH to the Switch and I'll play it there along with Three Houses, cut Android devices outta the equation entirely.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:39 am

So what do I need to clear the Lunatic/Infernal stages for Panne? She's the first of these characters in a very long time who I'd really like to collect in multiples if possible.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 am

I'd search for a F2P guide on YouTube. Even if you don't have the exact builds, you can usually approximate it.

Sometimes it's possible to brute force a win on Lunatic without unlocking the "puzzle" of the map but I usually just copypaste F2P strats for both anyway.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:34 am

This was the easiest GHB for me probably ever. Did all stages in one try with the same team, which has never happened before, so I didn't even need PM1 for this one. But yeah, I'm sure PM1 has a video on Youtube already. Dude works quick.

As for what I did... Brute force with Surtr, heh. Kept him basically at the starting area choking the point, and kept Fjorm behind him. Anyone who attacked her got killed with her distant counter. Had a healer and a dancer out of range behind them.

Also, wasn't that final free pull supposed to be today? The one where we can't choose the color... I swear they said it'd be on the 24th.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:27 am

Yeah I had a similar strategy, baited the green mage with a red mage Halloween!Nowi, and then just sat Lance!Hector in the choke point and that was that.

I've levelled up Panne but going to have to figure out what kind of build to put on her. Either way she's now with Sharena in my Bun Bun Pals team.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:35 am

I promoted Panne but I'm waiting for whatever unit I get tomorrow to be a leveling buddy.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:10 pm

I couldn't be bothered levelling her normally so just threw gems at her to go right to 40 :pac