[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Hmm, I had to look up who comes with it. I believe I promoted a Fir or Navarre or Lon'qu up to 5 star, which unlocks the Killing Edge+ for inheritance.

I did the new GHB, it was an easy one which is nice because I wasn't going to look up a guide haha.

Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:56 am

The new 3 Heroes quests are random. Like, Eliwood and Raven are in the same game, but Leon is just randomly there. I actually finished +10ing my Leon the other day, so I don't need the freebie, but can easily knock his quests out. My +8 Raven will gladly take this freebie, though.

Edit: It was a little rough with the Eliwood portion, using a shitty 4* one because I never upgraded him, but at least they didn't make us use a shitty healer again (I gave up on Azama last time).

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:31 pm

Got a Lethe a few pulls into the banner. I might have enough beasts for a Beast Squad by now but I don't feel like waking up the cat on my lap to go find my phone.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:35 pm

I'm still lacking any red beasts so I'm jealous. I have enough for a squad, but not a balanced one. Nailah, Panne and Naesala are all blue, and I've got Ranulf (green) and Leeann (colorless), as well as an unupgraded Reyson (green). Had no luck on the Fates beast banner. Still gonna try for Lethe and Caineghis on this one once I have more orbs. I certainly won't be upset if Tibarn pity breaks me in the future.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:12 pm

So I've seen a few people on Twitter exploiting this bug and I assumed it was Photoshop. Not the case!

But like, Intsys, this shouldn't be considered a bug. This should be a FEATURE.

Sigh, more proof that they have no idea what a lot of fans actually want.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:46 am

On the one hand it'd be cute and I'd be down for it, but on the other hand I can see how people might be weird about it - like I had Soleil and Inigo supporting each other (pretty sure they're siblings).

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:56 am

They're father/daughter.

Yeah, I guess I didn't think about that angle. (But Fates has so much sibling incest anyway that I guess I'm used to ignoring it).

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Right, I knew they were related somehow :pacdown

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 pm

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/statu ... 3954650114

This is overshadowed by all the Smash news but we got new silhouettes. Everyone thinks the person on the left is Genny and I agree. Yay, finally Echoes representation again! I still need OG Genny but they just took her out of the pool for new banners so... *¯\_(ツ)_/¯*

Some people are saying the person on the right is Luthier or Sonya, but since it's a seasonal banner (and a new, unknown one at that), it doesn't necessarily mean all the characters will be from the same game.

Still wondering what the actual banner's theme will be. Twitter says it's something about warm weather, but it's obviously way too early for the summer ones to start.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tVFxIRXlBE

Meh. Skipping this banner aside from my free pull. I guess we get a free Leo, according to Twitter, which is cool because I don't have any Leos yet...

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 am

Makes sense that beast-slayers are starting to show up on these banners, since a lot of beasts have been added now. I boosted my Panne to +5 and i'm more short on feathers than grails in terms of pushing on towards +10.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:57 am

I got pity broken on the beast banner again, but this time with a +def Zelgius. I'm not mad!

I'm probably gonna hold off on summoning now until I see what this month's legendary banner has in store.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:14 pm

I might throw a handful of orbs at the banner just to see if I can pull that Felicia but otherwise I'm content to continue raising my orb floor to 300.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:06 pm

I'm just glad we're *getting* orbs again, between the BHB Revival, paralogues, GC, and tempest trials starting soon.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Zelgius is so good, Black Luna does a lot of work and his unique B-slot is like everyone else on the team has Guidance.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Yeah, I found it odd that most builds I looked up online for him had replaced his unique, uninheritable B skill. I'm gonna leave it there. I can give Wary Fighter or whatever to literally any other armored unit.

Also, I noticed that my luck with red armor has gone way up. The free Black Knight and shitty free Arden that I never use used to be all that I had. In the last month or so, I got Valentine's Ike, Idunn and Zelgius, so that helps my options considerably for armored teams. I also built up that $3.99 Black Knight I got today and gave him some slightly different skills than my other, and he and my other BK and Zelgius also all have different blessings, so that helps my spread for Blessed Gardens.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Yeah cookie cutter armour builds on Zelgius makes me sad, because his unique B skill allows him to play differently and that increased movement has helped me a bunch of times. The things I did inherit to him were a breath into his A-slot to accelerate Black Luna, and quick riposte as his seal. Mages tear him apart but I've had him tank and slay pretty much any lance without armourslayer.

Side note - Idunn seems insanely strong, every time I face her it's a huge pain in the arse... looking her up on gamepress she neutralises penalties, so I guess softening her up with a dagger is not actually helping. How do y'all deal with her?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:25 pm

I usually deal with Idunn with my own Idunn since she's weak against herself, (Pokemon dragon-type logic, heh). She's like male Grima in that it's more likely she'll die if you let her attack you instead of you attacking her first. Also, dragon-effective weapons.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:12 am

Grr, just blew all my orbs in vain in an attempt to get Faye and Kliff. At least we have like 15 days on this new banner.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:01 pm

So today I learned, thanks to a screenshot on Tumblr, that you can upgrade your combat manuals (I knew that part, but I figured it was just for skills) and then merge the combat manual into a regular unit and it counts as a normal merge. YES. Not only are my barracks so much cleaner now, but I no longer have to feel guilty about "abandoning" former merge project ideas due to space issues, and my Soren, who I formerly regretted turning into manuals before I replayed PoR and fell in love with his character, now has 2 more merges on him.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Hmm yeah i didn't think about doing that in order to save space.

I had about 60 orbs I dropped on the new banner for Faye, purely because I wanted to vore her for Firesweep bow (for Nina). It still seems crazy to me that the only firesweep bow in the game is locked in a 5-star exclusive unit.

But hey, I have it now.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Ugh, at least you got it! I want Faye for Faye, and I'd love a Nina too... I rarely pull colorless, though, so I guess it's no surprise that I've never even gotten them as pity breakers yet.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:43 pm

The craziest part is that Firesweep is considered bad on Faye given her stats, so if you do get and use her it's recommended to not use the bow she comes with (but is coveted by other archers and exclusive to her) :pac

At least Firesweep on Soleil makes sense.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Faye also can't even become an archer in Echoes so I literally have no idea what they were thinking...

Soleil is one of my merge ideas and I think I might have +2 or so on her, but now it's nice to know that I can make my extras into manuals and still continue the project later <3

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:06 pm

dunno how useful Famitsu previews are unless translations are already up but maybe some of the art is new

https://twitter.com/SerenesForest/statu ... 4128897024