[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:49 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 6690190341

Next new banner is Echoes. Not a shock, given the theme of the Hall of Forms. A lot of people have wanted Forsyth, Silque, and Python, so I'm happy for them.

I personally don't care for those characters too much, but as for free units... we get Conrad as a BHB and I've wanted Conrad for sure. Not sure what his skills or stats are yet though. And then we get Valbar as another non-focus pool unit thrown in, like Bantu was (who I still don't have) but I'm excited to have Valbar available because Leon is lonely. I kind of like these new non-5* additions.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 pm

That staff is Mia's witchy wand, that heal on hit lance seems it could be super annoying. I'd take Catria or Forsyth I guess but my orbs feel safe.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Just beat New Mystery of the Emblem. Time to try my hand at Genealogy, I guess... when will I ever beat my half-finished PS4 games?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:36 pm

Got Catria after some tickets and 8 orbs. Had 3 tickets left, so I went for Forsyth, but got a dupe Brave Hector with maybe only 4 more orbs invested. Decided to see if my luck continued to one of the older Halloween banners... it did not. Dropped nearly 200 orbs for Halloween Henry and got... a dupe Fallen Tiki.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:28 am

Oof on Henry :(

Well Catria is good, and is Brave Hector the one who you can't steal DC from?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Yeah... so he's bold fighter fodder (don't need it) or a merge. I just merged him again.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Man, Genealogy is an experience. The fucking *prologue* took me 2 hard resets and 24 turns. There was no tutorial (not that I'd need one, but imagine playing this when it was brand new), and no one starts with any healing items, and there are no shops on that map to buy them, either. Can't even trade items around (at least yet). I can see why this and Thracia didn't make it to the West.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:18 pm

Still only on chapter 1 of Genealogy... taking a save state every turn. Did a lot better today but got accidentally killed by a recruitable character. I'll resume later. Still way further than before. At least I recruited Ayra without losing anyone this time. Now to figure out how to do that with Jamke...

Speaking of, I'm appreciating a lot of those characters more so I may start truly using them in FE Heroes. I never did promote Jamke since he's just another colorless bow user, but everyone else that's already in the game, sure. Makes me hate my random merged (pity breakers...) Dierdre and Sigurd and little less. Maybe I'll take Finn for a spin again.

And in Heroes news, Conrad's GHB was actually really easy for me. Used bird emblem, beat them all on the first try. His skills actually seem quite nice so I promoted him, but I would have done so anyway because I've been hoping for Conrad to get into the game at some point.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:49 pm

A new mobile game came out (KOF All Star) so FEH has taken a backseat for me. Prob gonna just login and plant my fields.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5q-bJyCgc

Was kind of expecting Celica to be the new legendary because of the most recent banner, but wow, Leif's skills... 3 new ones with (!) but also that B skill... that is... insane. I'm guessing that's lacking a (!) because maybe it's not inheritable? That's definitely a new (and broken) skill though. I want him just for that. Oh, and he has pair up.

Red: L!Ryoma (have/sucks), V!Ike (have), S!Palla (don't care about)
Green: L!Hector (Have), Ranulf (have), Picnic Felicia (don't care about)
Blue: L!Lucina (have), L!Azura (have), S!Marisa (don't care about)
Colorless: L!Alm (have, L!Tiki (have)

So yeah I want Leif but is he worth risking the duplicates? I might skip this and wait for him to come back.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:43 am

I believe S-drink was already on regular Leif, though I don't remember the cooldown reduction part. Never really used him so can't say if that's always been there. He's always seemed good in multi-map modes like temp trials though, since he heals 99 at the start of each map.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:12 am

Got a +atk (4 star) Norne when I free-pulled on today's new banner. Should I upgrade her? A lot of people are saying she's a great +10 candidate, but she's in a sea of so many other colorless bow users. Like, for instance, I want to promote Jamke now since he's awesome in Genealogy, but in Heroes, I almost don't see the point, unless he gets a refine soon, then I might.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:32 am

Dunno, I levelled Nina because she was fun as a character, eventually throwing a firesweep bow on her which works pretty well. I think L!Alm was the last bow user that I used seriously though.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:48 pm

Anyone else #TeamMia?

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:29 pm

You know it. L'Arachel will be my fallback if Hector advances.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:46 am

Would have been team Henry the first round if I'd paid attention. Coming in late I'm team Mia yeah.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:56 am

I can't believe L'Arachel lost to Dozla... at least Mia won.

Also pulled a +atk Faye with 4 orbs, so I'm really happy about that!

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:49 am

Man, I just want OG Celica... but the game decided I needed *another* Sanaki (she stalks me... third copy now, all of them pity breakers) and Karel for some raisin. Spent about 50 orbs and I don't want to go below 200 so I'm done for now. Maybe I'll try again towards the end of the week.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:40 am

Since my flatmate is really enjoying Three Houses (she's done BE Church, GD, now BL path) she found an emulator and is getting into Awakening and Fates. I don't know much about those games except what I learned from FEH, but she just recruited Panne in Awakening if that indicates how she's progressing in those games.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:29 pm

I don't remember exactly how early everyone was recruited in those games, but she's a gen 1 unit, so she's not super far. Granted, those games have unlimited grinding opportunities, so that can slow anyone down if they're grinding for relationships or specific class skills. Cool that she's getting into the older games!

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:36 pm

I've been seeing some rumours about a cancelled Fire Emblem remake getting un-cancelled and put on the Switch, but not really any details about which FE it might be remaking. So that's got me thinking about what I'd like to see.

I wouldn't mind if they decided to go all the way back to Blazing Blade and modernize that for the Switch. It's got some prestige as the first FE that made it outside Japan and some of its characters like Lyn are still really popular. I'd really like to see an extra coat of paint tossed on Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn and released in one package. Hell, it's not totally impossible that they might go way more recent and remake Awakening, since it's responsible for Fire Emblem's modern popularity boom.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:26 pm

Saw that too. So far with the remakes, they've basically gone in order, though. Shadow Dragon was a remake of 1. Then they did New Mystery of the Emblem (3) which is a direct sequel to 1, and then they circled back and did Echoes (2) which isn't related, story-wise, hence the skip, I'm guessing. That has me hoping they do 4 and 5 next.

That said, 4 and 5 are so damn hard that they'd have to overhaul a lot of shit to make it palatable for a lot of fans. So, sadly, they may skip those and we may never see them in the West, unless the casual mode is seriously super casual.

PM1 is guessing it's 6. Makes sense since it also never made it to the West, and it's related to FE7. PM1 made the good point that Roy is super popular due to Smash and has recognition here. I'd personally love to see 6 and 7 remade and packaged together.

I highly doubt they'd remake Awakening any time soon. It's only one system back and many people still have their 3DSs lying around, so it's already super accessible. They gameplay mechanics are also still modern. Only thing it's lacking would be the more recent time wheel mechanic.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... dhCeVfyFQk

Oh cool, haven't had Sacred Stones characters in a minute.

Hmm, Tethys seems like the obvious demote. I wish that wasn't true for most colorless new additions.

Gerik... definitely remember using him. Kind of surprised the Firesweep axe wasn't already in the game.

I was just thinking about Ewan lately because he's one of those trainee characters (like Amelia, who I've been using a lot lately) and also like Ross (the 3-4 star character about to be added to the pool).

Ephraim/Lyon Duo: Obviously the star of the banner. Turns out they're being treated like seasonal units. So, they'll probably only be on legendary/mythic rotations after this banner ends.

For me this is an easy skip outside of the Duo unit, so I'll use my tickets and then keep going until I hopefully get him. No word on any Tempest Trial or BHB unit freebie with this one.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:23 pm

I'll probably keep stockpiling orbs 'til the Christmas banner. I'm already back up well into the 300s.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:21 pm

I was wrong about the free unit. Cormag is a GHB unit! A lot of people, myself included, have been wanting him for a while. Here's hoping they don't do him dirty like they did with Haar.

Also, many figured he'd be one of the farfetched units this year. No sign of that banner... That started in mid-October last year. I almost wonder if all these free units being popular is to make up for that not existing this year. Haar, Cormag, and Rinea in particular were units people expected to be on it, not to mention, the beasts we got that were voted on before beasts were even in the game yet. I'm guessing it's being skipped this year at this point.