[Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

I'm ready go tonight. There's a party, alright. We don't need the raisin for joy, oh yeah. Tick down to midnight.
Bier_Engel
Anal beads are like a rosary for your ass!

Re: [Fire Emblem] Ah Yes, the Three Houses

Post by Bier_Engel » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:15 pm

Man, that was a lot of FTP orbs earned today.

Used my free tickets, spent 8 orbs... got nothing. Probably calling it a day on this banner since they'll be in the regular pool.

Forging Bonds spoils Mareeta in Thracia a bit, unfortunately. I guess the existence of her fallen self is a spoiler in and of itself but still. I'm about to actually play that one, so that annoyed me.

There's some funny dialogue beyond Osian's FB level ups, though.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Oh right, I should do some more FB. I did a couple runs the other night. Nothing on the banner, but trained up Peony. She seems like the kind of technical character that I'm going to forget how she works if I don't use her a lot.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:33 am

Interesting surprise banner (where is the event calendar?) and I'd like a picnic Flora or Pent but... Christmas and New Year are coming. I guess the theory is that the legendary/mythic banners are so backlogged with seasonals (especially red) that they're playing catch up by having a banner like this. It lasts until Christmas day, so I'm going to see what's coming before sniping.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:11 am

do I have to form a pentagram on my floor to summon the christmas banner? I don't have enough physical Fire Emblem things for that to work.

same, I've spent like the last three banners sniping and don't have much to show for it. Plus I'm hoping to bootstrap my orbs back up above 300 soon. I wouldn't mind scoring the Ursula from this surprise banner just to deepen my pool of goths but it can wait 'til she turns up again at a healthier 8% roll.

oh, I haven't been paying too close attention to the new event, but I love how attacking in the counter phase gave me a bridge rush animation complete with my Tharja driving a tank. and still wearing one of the headband accessories from Forging Bonds, for a real Red Dawn kinda look.

girl's got a tank now. her hexes are being shot at people in 200mm AP shells.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:47 pm

I don't quite understand how the scoring in the new event works. I only did 2 total battles in the last phase, and my rank went from 90kish to 30kish after the second battle... okay then. I'm still in tier 1 and I haven't done shit. Also, didn't realize I blew my arrow load all at once and there's no way to earn more. This mode needs a bit more of a tutorial or something.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Bier_Engel wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:33 am
(where is the event calendar?).
feh heard you

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 48961?s=20

looks like the new christmas banner starts on the 15th and reruns of past years begin on the 23rd. so we should have reveals coming any day now.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Everything is a day off in my time zone, so the banner will be the 16th for me, and the reveal should be sometime this weekend. Cool.

I'm more excited about Hall of Forms being back than anything. It's only been once so far but I think it's my favorite occasional event. It's fun and doesn't overstay its welcome (hi, Tempest Trials). Speaking of which, we have one of those ending the day after Christmas (er, 2 days for me) and one starting on January 3rd... on the plus side, 2 free seasonal units, and like, 6 new seals (unless they do repeats), like last year. Downside... 20 days of nearly back to back TT runs. Ugh. (I'd auto-battle but it makes stupid decisions and kills me and lowers my score).

And we've also got regular new heroes on January 9th... these banners are so close together I don't know how I'll manage. Kind of glad I just bought Xmas Tharja so I can skip the old ones. (Reminds self to still save for V!Soren in February).

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:29 am

Still space for a January schedule to give me a Tokyo Mirage Sessions banner....

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 am

Oh, I didn't even think about that... but with the remake coming out in January, that's totally possible.

I got soo close on Kempf's infernal map but the damn lack of space killed me in the end. Might have to try some warping/WoM strats after work.

Edit: Beat it! Already promoted Yaoi Hands McGhee too and leveled him to 40. Not sure what extra skills to give him, though, but I like his base kit a lot.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:59 pm

A TMS banner would be pretty cool and I could totally see them doing one.

I wonder if they'd do its original human characters (probably not?) or it's SMT-ified Fire Emblem characters (...probably?) Both might be kinda weird in FEH's context. Or not! Either way it would be a pretty damned unique group of units.

give me TMS Tharja, obviously. it's well past time for a proper Tharja Squad.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:28 pm

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status ... 16129?s=19

squinting really hard over here but I ain't found shit

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:47 pm

Judging by the ear/wing things on the left character's head I'm thinking Yarne, but the hair doesn't really match. They look like Taguel ears but they could also be an accessory (also looks like the same character has either antlers or a face mask underneath so yeah... could be anyone).

A lot of people are saying Owain for that character in the comments due to the "sword hand" pose. I kinda see it now. But yeah... I'm at a loss.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:30 am

Yeah not sure I can pick 'em, but excited to see who they are so I can pull for em.

John Layfield
Make sure John Layfield looks strong!

Post by John Layfield » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:59 am

Itsuki and Tsubasa from Tokyo Mirage Sessions, you fools are blind.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:25 pm

give me Kiria or give me death

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Zephiel is such a weird choice. Does anyone actually like him?

Marth/Elice is cool because I know a lot of people wanted Elice but she's an NPC so this make more sense than shoehorning her as a healer/dancer ala Mikoto or Rinea.

I think I still want Sothis the most but maybe I'll just pull both colors until I get either her or the duo. Also, Sothis alt so soon? Not mad, but like... there are so many 3H characters that aren't in the game at all yet.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Yeah Sothis is a weird one for the first 3H character to get a second character, considering she's a mind ghost for half the game then not even around after that.

Who is Elise? I assumed it was Caeda with Marth. I'm with Bier, Sothis or the duo is my goals.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Elice is Marth's sister (not to be confused with Elise, who is Xander/Leo/Camilla's sister in Fates). Caeda is Marth's fiance. Marth/Elice/Ceada all have blue hair so yeah, confusing, especially since Elic(s)e's name is reused.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:47 am

Christmas banner is up, I dropped 210 orbs to get Sothis and Marth but along the way I got pity broken by:

Mercedes (didn't have, nice 3H solidarity)
Python (why is this guy in the 5 star pool? also got like 4 four star versions)
Edelgard (didn't have, more 3H teasing me)
Olwen (didn't have, doubt I'll use her over Halloween L'Arachel)

So a pretty good haul all up, down to 90 orbs.

Sothis is +ATK -HP which seems like maybe optimal.
Marth is +HP -SPD which seems bad, but having 'just' 38 speed is prob fine lol.

Best of luck to y'all, especially Bier.

Delthazar
Why, helllooo!

Post by Delthazar » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:31 am

Similarly, in about 150 orbs I managed to pull the new Sothis and Nino, plus Kliff and Dimitri as breakers somewhere in the middle. All with bad or bleh IVs except maybe Dimitri who's neutral.

I wouldn't mind going back for that Marth but I might rather call it here and save my other 150 orbs for the rerun banners or y'know maybe that TMS Tharja whom we all know is coming in January obviously

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:09 am

Got a neutral IV Sothis after about 79 orbs or so. Got my first Tethys in the process, too, and a merge for my Ross so that I can get rid of his bane.

Falcon Critical
Got Seniority

Post by Falcon Critical » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:32 am

Nice, the cheapest Sothis of the three of us! Are you likely to pull again on this banner or wait for the old banners to return?

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Well, you guys got other 5* units in the process so you guys might have had it cheaper divided out. The other units I mentioned getting were 4* (and I'm sad I didn't get Echidna or Python at that rarity). I'm jealous of your Edelgard pity breaker.

I'm really tempted to pull for Nino now since I don't have any ranged blue armored units, but I'm at 170ish orbs, and we've got the legendary and new years banners coming, not to mention the new units early January (I'm hoping for a 3 Houses banner and it's likely given how much time has passed) plus Soren in February so I feel like I need to save. Then again, we're also about to have 2 back to back Tempest Trials and all the login bonuses... Maybe I'll pull near the end of the banner, with an attempt to keep my stock above 200 orbs.

I'm also really temped to pull for Osain (or however it's spelled officially- it's different in the translation patch) and Mareeta because they are fucking beasts in Thracia. But they'll be in the normal pity-breaking pool soon, so I'll try to behave.

Bier_Engel

Post by Bier_Engel » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Finally met Reinhardt in Thracia in Chapter 20. Weird that such an endgame villain is one of the most popular Thracia units in FEH (and weird that they released him before so many playable characters... before the lord, even. That's a thing I didn't realize when he was new in FEH since I wasn't familiar with this title). But yeah, Ishtar is also an enemy, so the Thracia characters with the most alts in FEH aren't even playable at all.